Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Checking in!

Yesterday:
    1. play an hour of racquetball tonight <3

Love this!! Wish you lived close by so we could play together. (Texas by any chance?) Not many people play my favorite sport. I haven’t played in a long time, but would love to get back into it. How often do you play?

Ah you need to come to NJ so we can play together!!! We have an LA Fitness gym here and you can reserve a court to play. Honestly if you can find a gym, you could probably go solo and practice your swings! I go every tuesday and thurday. Started going for my mental health, now it's turning into great exercise lol! Glad to hear you like the sport as well :) it's great fun!

Oh, wish that I could come there! We have LA Fitness, here, but I can't afford it right now... We are members of another place that doesn't have racquetball courts. Yes, I used to practice all the time, years ago. Used to play and compete all the time. But, that was 50 lbs ago & many years, ago. I'd love to get back into it, but need to lose some first & get in a little better condition as I don't want to injure myself. I'm so glad you are here & hope that you keep posting about it as your exercise. You are getting me motivated!!!
  • mirihawk
    mirihawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's been a difficult week with the food, not sure why. They are providing lunch today and I'm hoping to eat sensibly and stop when I'm full. I've pre-logged what I think I'm having.

I have my wheels back and I'm hoping not having to order all my groceries will help me to use up things from the pantry and freezer. More frugal and more healthy. I used my work and cooked last night, major victory! Trying to remind myself that I'm just going to purchase dairy and produce in the coming week. I have abundance in my home already, trying to remember that.

This weekend I need to clean out the fridge and make sure I have enough good snacks and small meals to help me get back on track. I need to stop hurting myself by bringing junk food into my space that will hurt my tummy. I need to eat in a way that enhances good digestion and leaves me with enough energy to live my life.

Thanks!

• fattypatty2486
    fattypatty2486 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today I will stay on track with my calorie count despite going to a Mexican restaurant. I looked into the calories of the different items and have chosen a sensible option. Hope I stay strong!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »

Another good thing I've been doing these days is homemade kefir. It's incredibly easy to do it and should be healthy with all those probiotics in it. The process of making it is pretty satisfying too - it's made with kefir grains, a living organism that needs to be fed daily. It feels like having some weird pet that makes me delicious drink every morning :smiley:

This made me laugh out loud - I love it! I need to look into this more - I'd love to make some for my house too but it would need to be dairy free.
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!! Once again this week has me beat, just need to get through today then it's pizza night with Alex (husband)!

@ArtsieSarah Honestly I am such a nighttime eater that what worked best for me is to stop eating breakfast. I know that won't work for everyone, but it has helped me tremendously to be able to have a large dinner AND snacks at night. I usually like to leave around 900 calories for dinner and snacks.

@ZizzyBumble Congratulations on your retirement, enjoy your day!

Yesterday 4/25:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Workout after work😁

JFT 4/26:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Stick to 3 slices of pizza

That's super smart, I'll try cutting back during the day to indulge at night. I know eating right before bed isn't the greatest but it's better than going over the limit right?
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Stay in the green <3
    have 500 or more calories left over from exercising :'(
    attend racquetball <3
    no buying daytime snacks! <3
    only dinner after work (planning Easter ham sandwich and cooked carrots) :'(

Today April 26th:
    Stay in the green
    Have 500 calories left over from exercising
    Attend Zumba
    No buying daytime snacks (I'm running to target for matcha latte ingredients but that's more of a grocery thing.)
    Adjust my calories to fit my lifestyle: less during the day so I can have more after work.
    Plan my weekend of calories so it is structured and not chaos.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thurs
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Start water now :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home - what? :)
    5. Empty dishwasher :)
    6. Be positive & smile! :)

Had a super productive evening! Got home and worked in the yard, cleared up another little garden area - we have SO many gardens and we moved in August so its pretty exciting seeing what pops up. So far lots of daffodils and the lillys and hostas are starting to come up. I forgot to eat a snack in the afternoon - and with all the work I was ravenous, so we ended up having paninis instead of chicken and salad because it was quicker. Need to learn how to prepare better instead of working thru until I'm starving and desperate. Dangit - I forgot to pack my salad for lunch!!! Ack. Going to a red sox game with my cousin tonight, might get rained out - we'll see though I packed my rain gear in case. I have not seen her in a while so I'm excited for the visit regardless of the game! I have tomorrow off from work, so dont mind the late night and I'm looking forward to two full days in a row off! I'm adjusting well though to the schedule. When I first started I was TIRED at the end of the day - but with better nutrition and taking the time to do the self care I know I need - I'm feeling positive about getting things done and having a good balance.

JFT Fri
    1. Log all food
    2. Start water early and taper off earlier than normal
    3. Sensible lunch
    4. Put on some makeup before leaving
    5. Be positive and kind
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The scale didn't move this week. :'( Very discouraging but it so typical with my weight loss in the past. I will stick to the plan track everything, plan each day and keep active at being strong. I have 3 nights of entertaining coming up this weekend so I'll really have to be strategic about staying in the green. Weekends are tough (my husband loves to have breakfast or lunch out then ice cream!) and then I feel it takes all week to recover from it.
    Plan for the weekend: At tonight's Team Meeting (dinner): Stick to non-salty and lo-fat appetizers, bring sparkling water to drink, Saturday - make lots of veggies with fish for dinner, limit wine, Sunday - make some low fat appetizer and big salad to go with the burgers my daughter is making. Drink sparkling water mock-tail.

JFT 4/26/19
    Off to the gym
    Pretrack
    No snacking or wine after dinner
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :(
    3. walk on at least one work break :)
    4. go to gym--cardio/weight workout :(
    5. no social eating at work :)
    6. drink 8+ C liquids :)
    7. get to sleep early :) still at my normal 5 hours

Didn't have a chance to write down my goals yesterday, but here is what they were:
    Thursday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :) 11,887
    3. walk on at least one work break :)
    4. go to gym--cardio/weight workout :) did a little gardening too
    5. no social eating at work :)
    6. drink 8+ C liquids :)
    7. get to sleep early :) I got more than 7 hours! Unprecidented!

Today/Friday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. walk on at least one work break
    4. rest day--go for a walk outside
    5. no social eating at work
    6. drink 8+ C liquids
    7. get to sleep early
    8. deep cleaning at home
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    @clicketykeys;c-43637160"]The observation was today. My plans were not perfect. The observer did not accept my explanation. I cried in front of God and students and everyone.
    I am so sorry; you've had this observation on your mind for so long, and it hasn't worked out as well as you had hoped. As a retired teacher, I know how nerve-wracking those observations can be. Administrators are not always in tune--I had one principal tell me that he was sure the lesson he observed was one that I kept in reserve, just for observation, which wasn't true at all. I had to show him the lesson in the manual, where it was in sequence from the previous day!
    Try to move on---from your posts, it sounds as if you're doing a great job.

Thanks. I haven't actually gotten the scores yet, soooo HOPEFULLY the lesson plan revision that I sent in made more sense?

@Faebert - The whiskey was GREAT. About 2 shots, maybe half an ounce of caramel-flavor Torani syrup (sugar free! woot!) and 8 oz store-brand diet cola. YUM. Highly recommended. May try a variation with Fireball and diet Cherry coke. I think the cinnamon flavor and the cherry flavor will complement each other nicely!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Brush teeth. Take new meds. AM walk?
    2. Dentist.
    3. Reload and run dishwasher. Scrub bathrooms.
    4. Laundry.
    5. Put dishes away.
    6. Pack lunch for Friday.

Friday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Print Socratic forms.
    3. Class 1-2: Socratic discussion.
    4. Planning: A - Meet about Stronglifts. B - Grade & enter homework at lunch. Submit form for THUG viewing. C - Update unit plans and PRINT. D - Grade. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Reader's theater.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Head directly to amusement park for orientation. Walk to 10k at park. Run? Check in with B - lunch? Read 6 pages of Cafeteria, 10 of Cross-training. Update Goodreads. PM about hair appt.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Quit HelloFresh. Proofread essay and submit.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Prom is tomorrow. I can't find the dress I wanted to wear, but I have a few that will look nice.

Positive thought: The discussions in my morning classes went REALLY well. I think the dentist said that I have no cavities, but I'm not 100% sure XD
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    @clicketykeys;c-43637160"]The observation was today. My plans were not perfect. The observer did not accept my explanation. I cried in front of God and students and everyone.
    I am so sorry; you've had this observation on your mind for so long, and it hasn't worked out as well as you had hoped. As a retired teacher, I know how nerve-wracking those observations can be. Administrators are not always in tune--I had one principal tell me that he was sure the lesson he observed was one that I kept in reserve, just for observation, which wasn't true at all. I had to show him the lesson in the manual, where it was in sequence from the previous day!
    Try to move on---from your posts, it sounds as if you're doing a great job.

Thanks. I haven't actually gotten the scores yet, soooo HOPEFULLY the lesson plan revision that I sent in made more sense?

@Faebert - The whiskey was GREAT. About 2 shots, maybe half an ounce of caramel-flavor Torani syrup (sugar free! woot!) and 8 oz store-brand diet cola. YUM. Highly recommended. May try a variation with Fireball and diet Cherry coke. I think the cinnamon flavor and the cherry flavor will complement each other nicely!

@clicketykeys I hate whiskey, but I like the way you roll! Have a fab weekend - you deserve it! X
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 4/25/19

1. Log all my food :'(
    2. Throw out the chocolate cake/frosting(it isn't doing you any favors) :/I actually finished eating it today but I threw out the remainder of the chocolate frosting
    3. Go to the gym/take a walk :)
    4. Take out money for the doctor :)
    5. Do morning/night routine :) / :/
    6. Doctor appointment(make a list of questions/bring a notebook) :)
    7. Call C :'(
    8. ACTUALLY MAKE DINNER :'(
    9. DO THE DISHES!!!! :'(
    10. Bring trash can to the end of the driveway :)
    !

Just a quick update. Matt is having a colonoscopy done on Tuesday. The doctor thinks it might be polyps. His sister had some removed a year or two ago. We're pretty hopeful that that is what it is. So pray/keep your fingers crossed that that is what it is so that they can remove them then and there. He made it through a 6-hour shift of work yesterday but he came home feeling really terrible. He's going to work another 6 hours one this evening too. So please say a prayer.

I think the rest of the chocolate cake that I ate about an hour go raised my blood sugar really high because I'm really woozy and am having a hard time staying awake. Lol. But at least it's gone.

I'm not going to post a log my food goal today because I have no idea how to log the cake. Lol

Anyway on to goals.

JFT, 2/26/19

1. Go to the gym/Take a walk
    2. Look up short story prompts
    3. Spend some time writing
    4. Make myself dinner
    5. Do the effing dishes!!!
    6. Bring the trash can back to the house
    7. Run to the store
    8. Call C
    9. Call Gastro

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    JFt 26th April

Eat sensibly and don't snack yes, no idea of calories, son made macaroni cheese for everyone tonight
    Back stretches some
    Prepare for AGM yes
    Load car with tools for repair jobs tomorrow no, but all ready at door
    Enjoy baby :)of course

I am exhausted, had baby here for 12 hours and he is heavy! He is also starting teething and has tummy pains, so can be grumpy. We did have a lovely walk to the shop though.
    Posting tonight as won't have time tomorrow morning, have an early start (100 mile drive to AGM)

Tomorrow I won't be logging, but will try to stay within maintenance.

@HEGoddard0928 , prayer said for Matt. I so hope he gets answers and healing soon. And I've just done all my dishes, so get yours done too lol.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble Enjoy, enjoy! Congrats to you!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Print Socratic forms.
    3. Class 1-2: Socratic discussion.
    4. Planning: A - Meet about Stronglifts. B - Grade & enter homework at lunch. Submit form for THUG viewing. C - Update unit plans and PRINT. D - Grade. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Reader's theater.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Head directly to amusement park for orientation. Walk to 10k at park. Run? Check in with B - lunch? Read 6 pages of Cafeteria, 10 of Cross-training. Update Goodreads. PM about hair appt.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Quit HelloFresh. Proofread essay and submit.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; Write discussion posts.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:30. BodyPump. Plan & log Sunday food.
    4. WRITE ESSAY. SUBMIT IT. Hair appt. Send D with recycling?
    5. Dinner. Prom.
    6. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Sunday: VITAL to update plans. Monday: Send in plans. Return work. StrongLifts after school!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. And of course I'm up and can't sleep. UGH. Well, I can get some coursework done. :P Oh, and I shaved! Actually, I should probably paint my nails here in a bit since I've got a few hours before I go anywhere. I may be exhausted, but Imma look cute!

Positive thought: Somehow things clicked yesterday afternoon and I got a decently-sized stack of grading done.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    So, for those of you who've fought the soda battle and won; I need some tips! I have cut down on the number of day I drink soda. I've also cut down on the size of drink I get; however it's killing my calorie count on the days I do drink it! I don't want to throw calories down the drain, which I know drinking sugar water (i.e. soda) does! I'd like my calories to count, especially because I drink coffee too!

Any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated! Also, I walked for an hour today and shot baskets for 20 minutes too!
    I plan to walk tomorrow and hopefully cut back on the soda! :)

While I think that moderation is the key for the long term success, with some food/drinks, like soda, I feel the best when I just cut it out entirely (or have in on some special occasions, i.e. I treat is similar as I would alcohol).
    As Snowflake1968 said, when you have it a few days in a row it's hard to not continue that streak. I believe that this is because of soda and similar foods with the high sugar spike mess with the body's sugar sensibility.

I would try and remove it completely for a few days and see how do you feel...if you feel like it's too hard, you can always go back and have some within your calorie goals. `

I totally understand the struggle, I have a similar one with dairy...I am not yet ready to let go of my morning cup of white coffee, but I almost never stop on only one.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great weekend! I have been insanely busy this week and this weekend will be more of the same. I had 3 houses come on the market this week and two of them have open houses plus I have two active buyers that are looking this weekend too. Phew! I love spring but it also makes me crazy. <3:D I went to see Avengers Endgame yesterday so my phone was shut down for 3 plus hours and I had over 50 emails and a ton of calls/texts and basically worked until 10 pm trying to catch up and get everyone situated for today. This weekend will be about survival! :#

Yesterday:

JFT
    4/26

Drink water with/before meals/snacks :| I did for some but not all
    30 minute workout -not running- :) Swimming!
    8000 steps :( Didn't quite make it
    mindful eating of all meals/snacks :| I did not do this for all meals and snacks but definitely a good portion.
    choose healthy/lighter fare during the day :)
    Planned indulgence at dinner-stay within calories but enjoy! :) I was able to enjoy popcorn/candy at movies and then had one slice of pizza and one beer! I really enjoyed all the food yesterday and stayed fairly mindful. Success!
    Go to bed by 10- :| 11, so not 10 but not so bad plus, only one beer so feeling great today.

JFT
    4/27
    Fill my water bottle twice today
    30 minute workout-whatever my body/mind feel like
    10000 steps
    Plan food for the day-lots of running around
    Planned indulgence in the evening
    spend qt with husband in evening

Hope all have a happy Saturday!