JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well what a difference some sleep makes! Got over six hours last night for the first time in ages! Went out for my run this morning a bit late because my Bluetooth headphones wouldn’t connect. Had to use iPhone earbud ones and near the end they fell out. Decided to just go for it as didn’t have music to pace me and see if I could keep my usual running rate... smashed it! Fastest mile, fastest 5k and fastest 10k in one run!! Pleased with this and hoping I won’t suffer too much today as didn’t get any real stretching time after.

Quick goals before I head out to work...

Monday goals:
    - rest day
    - Groceries and pick up lunch for the kids ✅
    - Finish laundry and put it all away. ✅
    - Help kids finish homework ✅
    - Clean bathroom and vacuum bedroom ✅
    - Take out dustbins ✅
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Bed by 9 ✅

Tuesday goals
    - morning run ✅
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake
    - Girls hair wash
    - Girls piano practice
    - Bed by 9

Have a great day all x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Tuesday 7 May

I can't find a post from yesterday,

I had a nice day yesterday being a tourist with our guests. Still too much food and wine and not enough excercise but I'm ok with that for this week

Today is beautiful and we are going out for the day to visit the Isle of Raasay.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 955 Member
    Options

JFT 6th May

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, finished at 1360 cals
    Back stretches yes
    Cook the meat I've been ignoring all weekend yes, 6 shepherds pies made
    Dishes yes
    Housework yes
    Paint pots yes, 8 large pots painted
    Gardening no, baby sat for a little while instead, then it rained
    Visit parents yes

JFT 7th May

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back stretches
    Paint pots, second coat
    Plant new plants/seeds
    Ironing
    Look at tax stuff, getting urgent!
    Look for fence ideas, sharing new fence with neighbours in the pipeline, need to have some ideas if I'm paying half!

Positive thought - I love painting (pots, furniture, walls...) a new look for a pot of paint!

I've given myself a talking to, am going to make a bigger effort to do the things I write down here. and ask myself if I really want to eat "whatever" or do I really want to be slimmer?

@Snowflake1968 , has the lady you're talking to about the job given any indication how long it will be before they interview/decide? Must be so hard waiting when you really want the job.

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Can't find my post from yesterday. So I'll start just start with new goals. And then be back to check in later.

JFT, 5-7-19
    1. Log all my food
    2. Make lunches
    3. Morning routine
    4. Work
    5. Update check book
    6. Make dinner even though Matt is working
    7. FOLD CLOTHES!!
    8. Do tonight's dishes
    9. Gym time
    10. Night routine
    11. Bed by 12
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Workout at home👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. One healthy snack after dinner👎

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Seek sources of stress relief that aren’t food
    4. Drink 150oz water
    5. Meditate
    6. Pack for work trip
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Tuesday JFT:

▪Regular kiddo morning
    ▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Prelog Food
    ▪Devotional Time
    ▪email 5th grade teachers
    ▪Prep for Lin. Alg Final Exam (Thurs)
    ▪Call & make PM arrangements for kiddos Thurs.
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Exercise (2 DVD)
    ▪Regular kid afternoon schedule
    ▪Gym
    ▪Evening schedule
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a struggle. I slept awful the night before. And I definitely set myself up with that lengthy to-do list since yesterday was my first day working 7am-6pm (I had JUST gotten used to 7a-5p). Todays another chance to try again though! DH saw my struggles last night and volunteered to take care of dinner on nights I'm working til 6 so he's cooking tonight :)

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Drink waters NOW, and continue at job 2 :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Hard boil eggs >:)
    6. Empty dishwasher >:)
    7. Put away clothes >:)
    8. Load of Laundry >:)
    9. Find ride to work tomorrow :| Lyft it is today...
    10. Put town meeting on calendar at home - this Weds @ 7PM >:)
    11. Bed by 9:30 :)

JFT Tues
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Eat dinner at home
    4. Hard boil eggs
    5. Empty dishwasher
    6. Put away clothes
    7. Write down town meeting on calendar
    8. Bed by 9:30
    9. Review this list later
  • AngeliqueBundy
    AngeliqueBundy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Weight is still up (there's a drop, but I weighed in after my run) but I'm feeling pretty good overall. I got through my first full set of OHPs with the bar yesterday! And then this morning I only ran 2 miles but I ran the WHOLE TIME. No walking. That's the longest I've run without walking since my injury last fall.

Yesterday my parents took us out to eat for my husband's birthday. He and I will probably go out to eat AGAIN on his actual birthday... and then probably visit his parents for another meal! ;D But I did pretty good, I think, all told. I made choices that I'd be happy with and then I ate some and took about half of the main meal home.

Also, I look cute today :)

Sounds like you’re doing great!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Busy week already, did not get around to setting goals yesterday.

Tuesday:
    1. weigh in
    2. walk during at least one work break
    3. no social eating at work
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. light gardening after work
    6. swim or gym
    7. go to bed early
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday May 6 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - :) In red by 11, I'm counting it as a win though
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - 60 Squats, my knees are not liking these
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Tuesday May 7 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Today is the day I'm supposed to talk to Sarah and finding out if I'm ready to meet with her boss. I hope she calls earlier today so that I'm not left waiting all day.

Yesterday I was able to get two cards made, today I have to make one envelope and then I will get those put in the mail, they will be late for Mother's Day unless I pay for expresspost and I'm not sure how much that will be. I will find out when I get to the post office I guess.

It is raining today which is a nice break from snow. This has been a long winter we received our first snow fall on Sept 13 and our last one was May 5th (So far, hopefully that was it)

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap 5/6 M Gloomy, sprinkly morning & taking a rest day ~ I need one after busy, active weekend.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,093 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 33 floors :smile:
    2) Create & email speaker's CPE cert = Had a few technical issues with chapter email but done :smiley:
    3) Complete summaries for O/I/S = Man, this is def taking longer than I anticipated. On bright side, I'm getting add'l summaries completed, which I hadn't anticipated. At 78/110 & maybe finish 110 today.
    4) Not sure of evening meal / net cals -100 (allow myself on rest days) / 14c water = Ack. Lack of concrete meal plans & availability of remaining Easter candy is wreaking havoc with me lately. Not sure why I can't resist, when I did so well before Easter. Not even sure I remembered to log everything. Net cals -311 :( , sodium green :smiley: , sugar -26 :( , fiber & protein good, 14c water
    5) Evening to-do's: laundry :D forgot nightshirt again / meal plan & grocery list :neutral: / email PZ about Th :smiley: / update 91.1 pledge :smiley: / other? some digital decluttering :smile:
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ 9:30 see #5 / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work T) :( more like 11

JFT 5/7 T ~ Spring in Wis. ~ temp w/ wind chill in upper 30s when dog & I left house & I wore my thermal walking pants.
    1) Walked dog before work & saw pair of mallards swimming in ditch and turkey crossing the road / 3.2 mi 56:34 / stretched after = happy dog & happy me, even if sun wasn't shining again B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Complete summaries thru 110 / set up section folders / maybe update compliance rate sheet
    4) Evening: grocery shop / boil eggs for snacks / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & TV OFF 10:20 (walk dog before work W)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    I notice more than one person saying they can't find their last post. MFP has a Search feature at the top of the page (when on Message Boards) you can use. Click on Search, then enter whatever info you can to narrow your search. I usually enter my user name as Author, select Motivation in Category, and Date Within "X days" of "today or other date." Hope this helps.

Have a great day, all. :smiley:
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good day yesterday in the green by about 250. Scale is showing the effort. Tomorrow is my surgery and I'll be starting a 2-4 week recovery so it'll be interesting to see how I feel. My goal is to eat at maintenance and with being completely sedentary that will be about 1400-1500 calories a day. No wine with pain meds and I've told my hubby I want to really focus on only healthy food. I believe that I can be completely happy and not hungry in that range. Plus I may not be that hungry the first week. This past month has been really good for me and this thread is a wonderful community of support. Thank you all for posting daily goals and updates.

@cschmitz110515 515 Thank you for posting that instruction on searching. There was a MPF user on another thread that had advice for people and she referred to her previous posts and I didn't know how to get to them.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Monday

- Up early to cut and bag brownies for the National Junior Honor Society Induction/Banquet. :smiley:
    - Weigh in for 10 day challenge :smiley: Down to 131.8, but once I start feeling better I'm sure it will go up a tick. -

- Nonetheless 131 anything is a number I haven't seen in a while. Don't know that I'll hit 120-125 by July 1 let alone 115 - 120 by August 1. They are lofty goal, even stretch goals for the lower end, but I'm going the right direction.

- Dress decently so I can go straight to the Induction :smiley: Bought a new cute top yesterday and my jeans seem to fit better by the day.

- Work by 7:30 :smiley: Early on a Monday. Go figure.
    - Check email :smiley: nothing really pressing, but a little busy work
    - Check in with MFP :wink: Obviously
    - Cancel V's tennis lesson :smiley:

- Call in favor from an old friend who is a professional musician to help V with an audition piece. She had to switch songs last minute and is freaking out because she doesn't have the time or knowledge to do this by herself, and I'm useless for anything music related. She usually works with our pastors wife who has been involved with a Gospel band for many years, but she is booked. He just got back to me and is trying to clear his schedule a bit. Cross your fingers! V met him once at a career fair and is really excited at the prospect of working with him. Big mommy points for this one if it works out. Man I hope this works out for her. :smiley: Todd id recording this week, but I have another friend who can help. Still get mommy points.

- Lunch <300 calories. I brought fruit, pear & apple, which should be easy enough on my stomach. :) Managed to eat the pear, but could only get about 1/3 of the apple in.
    - Do some test runs for a new method. Hasn't been going well I need to get it under control. :( Plain and simply didn't feel like doing it...
    - Home by 5:00. Time to start a load of laundry before the banquet. :smiley: Got home aroun 4:15
    - Banquet/Induction - Only one dessert. Maybe no desserts depending on gastro issues. :smiley: No desserts
    - Home. Finish laundry. Maybe start a second load. :smiley: Only did one load of dedicates.

- Set out clothes for the gym and go to bed by 10:00 so I can maybe go to the gym tomorrow morning for the first time in over a month. I love working out, but my pride was getting in my way. Silly, but dropping a few pounds gives me confidence to go back. Now if I can just get up at 3:00am. Ugh... I love my gym time, I've missed it, but don't miss getting up to go. :( Didn't feel well went to bed right after dinner.

JFT Tuesday

- Weigh in for 10 day challenge :smiley: Lost another pound... Maybe I'll hit the QuickCare tomorrow if things don't clear up. Though I really like the weight loss.
    - Water the plants, can't kill them before I deliver them (fundraiser) :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Email & ISO :smiley:
    - Check in on MFP :smiley:
    - Lunch <300cal, but at least 200cal
    - Work on test I don't want to work on
    - Walk 2 mile loop at work. Energy is pretty low.
    - Deliver some flowers
    - Pick up V at 5:00 from Talent show practice and take her to meet Paul to work on her audition piece
    - Home by 6:30
    - Go for a walk
    - Reasonable dinner
    - At least 1 load of laundry
    - To bed early, don't think I can do the gym tomorrow.

Funny story... I found 2 very good musicians to help V with her audition piece. She only has to sing 90sec of the song, and told me that the first 30sec were not very good so she'd start at 31s. I listened to it and was quite alarmed as it begins with Holy $h!t!, Holy$h!t!, Holy *kitten*!, repeating. It is even known as the "Holy$h!t" song.

Now I had/have my doubts about this song, but the body of the song is ok. The funny part is me explaining this to my pastor's wife and my friend who sings with a prominent Gospel Quartet. My child has no shame, but I was a little embarrassed. I mean what kind of Christian mother allows her 13yo child to even listen to this stuff? I guess I do. It's from the musical Heathers. I erroneous thought if she was listening to show tunes it would be fine. I did take her to see Hamilton and it says the F word.

Cheers y'all

Positive thought: Even though I don't feel well and I'm pretty much weak as a kitten at this point, I'm in a good place mentally. Sunshine can do wonders for a person.
  • AngeliqueBundy
    AngeliqueBundy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, oatmeal ended up being

Turkey sausage
    Egg whites with vegan cheese
    Gluten free English muffin with “I can’t believe it’s not butter light”
    I figured I needed a little more fuel for my long walk today.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    @aubyshortcake Great job realizing what you were doing before it got out of hand. Even bigger kudos for acting on it and changing your behavior.

@AJB1014 DH is a keeper for tackling dinner to allow you to take a breath. Hope life slows down for you a bit.

@clicketykeys My shoulders are rubbish. No way I could press the bar. Great job!

To all the rest of you, keep doing what you know is good for you and points you towards the life you want to have and many great things will come your way!

Love ya!