JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 - I had a look at the 6 Day Slim down. That looks pretty difficult for a picky eater such as myself, I may try it though. Does the smoky smokerson leave the children to go smoke?

@Faebert - I can't stop eating when I'm tired, I don't know how you are surviving on such little sleep. I think it would be a relief to have the divorce finalized, but yet emotional to have that final word that it is done. Congrats on the SMASHING Run! I find I walk slower when a slow song comes on my phone. I really should make a workout playlist.

@korina75 - I have a friend that has a lot of activities that she needs to be driven to as they live out in the country. She took up walking while waiting a couple of springs ago and lost 15lbs. That was the only change she made to her regular activities. She was shocked.

@AngeliqueBundy - That's how its done one day at a time.

@ZizzyBumble - I enjoy playing tourist when we have guests too. The only place that every guest wants to visit that I don't like is West Edmonton Mall. It is the largest mall in Canada and at one time was the largest in North America, but I think the Mall of America is bigger now. It is crowded and expensive and except for the waterpark and amusement park I don't particularly like going there. Unfortunately, I have to once in a while as they do have some stores that aren't available anywhere else in the city.

@littleblackskirt - I love painting too, and am seriously thinking about painting our living room, right now it is grey and I'm not loving it as much as I did when I first did it. Fences are so expensive, we are looking at putting one in this year and I don't know if it's going to happen or not. My husband is more concerned with the outside of the house and I am more concerned with the inside. If I was to spend that kind of money I would rather have new flooring that is installed properly.

Sarah is the lady I have been talking to about the job. I was told when I met with her that they wouldn't be interviewing until around May 13th and that the job wouldn't start until around June 6th. It has seemed like a very long time to wait, but it has helped give me time to prepare. I knew about this job opening up before they even advertised for it. She is supposed to call me today and she will decide if I've learned enough to be considered to have a formal interview with her boss. I had no experience in the number 1 thing I needed so all of the studying I have been doing was trying to learn that. I will be forever grateful that she worked so hard with me to help because even if I don't get the job I learned a lot that will be beneficial to me personally. I really hope I get the job though. :)

@aubyshortcake - I've had days like that too, where I just eat and eat. I hope you have a better day today. You can do it.

@AJB1014 - How many 11 hour days are you doing in a week? Those can be some long days. I think it's great that your husband will pick up the cooking responsibility on those days, my husband would text me with which fast food place to pick up food on the way home when I've had a long day. He knows how to cook, he chooses not to. I don't know what will happen to him if anything ever happened to me.

@clicketykeys - Congrats on your run and OHP. A drop is still something to celebrate no matter how it happens in my book. Looking cute gives a person such a confidence boost. When I have a cute day I find that it inspires me to keep going.

@cschmitz110515 - I find that when I have chocolate, pop or chips, I crave them for a few days afterwards. I bet that is what is happening with the Easter candy. If you can resist for 1 day, the next day will be easier I bet.

I was thinking as I was responding to people that it was a rainy day like today that I met @bcTRAI last year and went for a walk with her. I enjoyed it a lot and I wonder how she is doing.

I forgot to mention on my post with my goals. Yesterday I was invited to go to Calgary with Kaitlyn and Brodey for a wedding shower his Aunt is holding for them on May 18th. I'm quite excited to meet his family before the wedding. I have met his parents and brother, but that is it. His Mom is flying into Calgary from Brandon to be there and will travel back up to Edmonton with us for a couple of days before flying home again. She is a university professor, so she gets a bit of a break now. His mother is a wonderful lady and I love spending time with her. I will be staying with her at Brodey's Aunts house for the night. Kaitlyn and Brodey are getting a hotel room.

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @MLHC1 - I had a look at the 6 Day Slim down. That looks pretty difficult for a picky eater such as myself, I may try it though. Does the smoky smokerson leave the children to go smoke?

She takes really long "bathroom" breaks while the manager sits in with the kids. :flushed: I called the gym today to try and figure out what to do and the gym manager got upset with me. He said she is now a full time employee and travels btw both gyms, works AM and PM and they are unwilling to tell me her schedule. They are basically trying to "push" me out of there. That's unfair bc I've prepaid my membership and childcare for a full year. Before we even committed to this gym I made sure to inform them of my little guys medical concerns; and they reassured me it was no problem. Well it is now! I'm still not sure what to do about it. I can try going in the AM and if she is there leave, then return in the PM and if she is there leave. It is all extremely inconvenient for me but it would prove to them that their clients should matter.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 Thanks - we have started to figure out how to work together as a team :) Hope you start feeling better soon!

@Snowflake1968 I work Mon, Tues, Thurs at both jobs so those are my 11 hour days. Weds and Fri are 10 hour days at just Engineering and Saturday is a 7-8 hour day at the pool store. Its definitely kinda crazy, but I signed up for it so I'm not complaining - gotta make hay while the sun shines! I honestly don't mind going to the pool store after working at the engineering place because I can just go on auto pilot, I'm not in charge of anything, and no ones yelling at me (except for the random grumpy customer who makes me questions why I went back to retail, but I digress) :D Have you heard from Sarah yet today?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @MLHC1 - Does the smoke linger on her and then your little guy inhales it? I am an ex smoker so I know how especially in cold weather the smoke sticks. It is one of the things that made me stop. Or is it because she is trained to handle your son and the manager isn't? I can understand as someone that had employees why they wouldn't be able to share her schedule with anyone.

@AJB1014 - I haven't heard from Sarah yet today, it is only 11am here though. Hopefully she sends me an email and tells me what time to expect a call.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Bc the of 3rd hand smoke. The smoke sticks to her clothes, hair, etc. I have actually been told by my son's pediatrician that if he is around anyone who may have even 3rd hand smoke then he has to do breathing treatments. The albuterol makes my little guy anxious and cranky so giving him breathing treatments is something we try to prevent from doing. (Plus the treatment has to be 3 x a day the day before and after exposure.) I'm not going to medicate my son just to go run at the gym bc someone has chose to partake in a toxic habit. My son's health is priority. I'm just shocked that a health establishment, such as a gym, could be so rude about this issue. (Especially because this specific issue was discussed prior to my membership commitment.)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Is the gym local or a chain? Can you contact a corporate office?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 Bc the of 3rd hand smoke. The smoke sticks to her clothes, hair, etc. I have actually been told by my son's pediatrician that if he is around anyone who may have even 3rd hand smoke then he has to do breathing treatments. The albuterol makes my little guy anxious and cranky so giving him breathing treatments is something we try to prevent from doing. (Plus the treatment has to be 3 x a day the day before and after exposure.) I'm not going to medicate my son just to go run at the gym bc someone has chose to partake in a toxic habit. My son's health is priority. I'm just shocked that a health establishment, such as a gym, could be so rude about this issue. (Especially because this specific issue was discussed prior to my membership commitment.)

I don’t blame you one bit, I wasn’t questioning you, I was trying to understand your problem. I agree with clicketykeys try calling a corporate office if they have one. They should at least try to work with you but I understand the privacy issues with them giving you a schedule.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 7 May

I can't find a post from yesterday,

I had a nice day yesterday being a tourist with our guests. Still too much food and wine and not enough excercise but I'm ok with that for this week

Today is beautiful and we are going out for the day to visit the Isle of Raasay.

I've had a lovely day, I've yet to log my food and my Fitbit battery was flat so excercise is a guess but I know I've eaten too much and not done enough. Hopefully I'm not too far over maintenance!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/7 Word of the day will be HIGHER STANDARDS (just for the day)

Exercise: Swimming or Yoga, 30 mins :)
    Exercise: Strength training, 20 mins :/
    Stay within 1400 calories :)
    5 fruit/veg :)
    Eat Mindfully-all meals/snacks :)
    Deep Breathing meditation 1 minute x3 :(
    Tackle To Do List with positive attitude :)

I did get a lot done today. Ate within my calories, exercised, got my to do list knocked out (mostly-still working on some items and some were pushed to tomorrow), and now I am sitting here trying to get the last of my work done and enjoying the breeze and a view of the cats. I feel completely drained in a good way. I am looking forward to my vacation next week with one of my dearest friends-we are headed to Antigua for 4 days and I am sooo excited. I badly badly need a break. I just hope that I don't gain weight on vacation-I don't care so much about losing while I"m on vacation but I don't want to gain! Anyway, back to work-have a contract I need to finish up tonight. Hope everyone has a peaceful rest of your day/evening/morning wherever you are in the world!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Had a few meals out over the last weekend and my weight has gone up 8.5 lbs. I'm hoping this is only sodium bloat. The garden boxes are planted. Only 4 1/2 weeks until summer.
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good day today. I started to go downhill with my afternoon eating but recovered in time to stay under my calories for the day. I ate extra spinach with my lunch, I am trying to find ways to sneak in more veggies. I also came home and did an extra small workout even though I had already walked with a friend after school. All in all feels like a pretty good day goal wise.

Goals for tomorrow:
    -wake up a little earlier and fit in some steps
    -weight myself before starting the day
    -walk after work
    - stay within calories, watch after noon snacking, no snacks between work and dinner
    - drink water stay away for sweet tea
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    5/7/19 Tuesday
    Weight 152.2 lbs
    Stay in green 🙁
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water 🙂
    Exercise 🙁
    Bed by midnight 🙂

JFT 5/8/19 Wednesday
    Weight
    Stay in green
    4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone - hope everyone is well. Had a good day yesterday and a good workout this morning. Pouring rain all day here today but trying not to let that get me down. I’m so affected by the weather! My assistant came in yesterday and went home sick again and is signed off for a couple of days. So today I’ll be without help and have to cover her playground duty. At least I’m out of class in planning this afternoon but this is getting quite frustrating and v tiring 😕

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - Girls hair wash ✅
    - Girls piano practice ✅
    - Bed by 9 ❎ but light off by 9:30 so not bad!

Wednesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - Early to work for staff choir
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake
    - Planning time- water and veggie snacks only
    - Leave early to pick up girls
    - Quick stop for smoothies with kids
    - Cash for piano teacher
    - Bed by 9:30

Wishing you all a great day x
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 961 Member
    Options

JFT 7th May

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, 1388 cals
    Back stretches yes
    Paint pots, second coat yes
    Plant new plants/seeds yes, in between rain showers
    Ironing yes
    Look at tax stuff, getting urgent! found the papers, didn't actually make the decision on it yet
    Look for fence ideas, sharing new fence with neighbours in the pipeline, need to have some ideas if I'm paying half! yes, looked online a bit

Positive thought - I have nice neighbours :)

JFT 8th May

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Shop, bank, PO, petrol
    Start planting up the painted pots
    Phone for doctors appointment
    Housework
    Visit parents

Talking to myself is working so far, the last 2 evenings I've really wanted to eat something but have resisted.
    Today it's very wet, so won't be able to garden outside. Am back into winter clothes!

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Tuesday

- Weigh in for 10 day challenge :smiley: Lost another pound... Maybe I'll hit the QuickCare tomorrow if things don't clear up. Though I really like the weight loss.
    - Water the plants, can't kill them before I deliver them (fundraiser) :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Email & ISO :smiley:
    - Check in on MFP :smiley:
    - Lunch <300cal, but at least 200cal :smile:
    - Work on test I don't want to work on :(
    - Walk 2 mile loop at work. Energy is pretty low. :smiley:
    - Deliver some flowers :smiley:
    - Pick up V at 5:00 from Talent show practice and take her to meet Paul to work on her audition piece :smiley:
    - Home by 6:30 :( forgot I had to go to WalMart to fil prescriptions.
    - Go for a walk :( got home too late
    - Reasonable dinner :)
    - At least 1 load of laundry :)
    - To bed early, don't think I can do the gym :) and I did the gym

Yesterday was pretty good. For the first time in almost a week I was able to eat without my body rebelling. I still didn’t eat much as my appetite is not great. Decided to go to the gym this morning, but I maybe should have waited a little longer to after being sick. I struggled to do 30min on the bike and was pretty weak and nauseous after so there was no lifting today.

JFT Wednesday

- Up at 4:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Gym by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Water plants
    - Work by 8:00
    - Work stuff
    - Lunch <300 cal
    - Walk 2 mile loop at work
    - Testing trials
    - Leave work by 4:30
    - Church / youth at 6:30
    - V singing after church
    - Reasonable dinner under cals
    - Layout clothes for the gym
    - Bed by 11:00

Positive Thought: Even a bad workout is better than no workout.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@nlmackey98 @Snowflake1968 thank you for the support! Days like that have lead me to give up numerous times in the past, so I'm very proud to say that was not the case this time!

@Snowflake1968 I really hope you get the job, but even if you don't it sounds like this has been a very positive experience and you have grown from it! Are you close to Calgary? My sister lives there 😊 I really want to visit, it looks beautiful!

Yesterday 5/7:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😑
    5. Workout after work😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    7. Make a grocery list for tomorrow😞 I'll have to do this at work today

JFT 5/8:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Go grocery shopping
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    7. Cook dinner

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM run: 2.5 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites.
    3. Class 1-2: Article response. Chapter 4 work. Prep for Socratic discussion - respond with my own ideas in a way that shows understanding of the material 3x; respond to others' ideas in a way that shows understanding and expands on them 2x.
    4. Planning: A - Look for Likert articles. B - Draft essay. C - Grade research. D - Grade late work.
    5. Class 4: Test. Checkmark work!
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Continue essay. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Pack lunch. Exam!
    8. Gratitude journal. Respond to twitter. Write blog post?
    9. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Pack towel and gear. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM walk. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites.
    3. Class 1-2: Socratic discussion; put desks back in rows!
    4. Planning: A - Put papers away. B - Grade assessments. C - Grade late work. D - Continue essay work.
    5. Class 4: Test.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting 3:30. Treadmill to 10k. Essay work. Chop celery. Pack lunch. TAKE THE EXAM.
    8. Gratitude journal. Read 10 pages each of Cafeteria and Cross-Training.
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: I got lots of great responses for my teacher appreciation post!
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/8/19
    Get things wrapped up at home
    Finish paperwork
    Cook a dinner for Thursday night
    Leave at 8:00 for surgery center for my new knee.

I'll be home tomorrow.