40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• jrose6197
    jrose6197 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow I must say I’m a little intimidated reading these posts. Just trying to get fit again after turning 40 and trying to live my best life. Starting to mix in cardio n weights and frankly not sure what and how much I have to do to see results all advice is welcome.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    jrose6197 wrote: »
    Wow I must say I’m a little intimidated reading these posts. Just trying to get fit again after turning 40 and trying to live my best life. Starting to mix in cardio n weights and frankly not sure what and how much I have to do to see results all advice is welcome.
    don't be intimidated. we're all on our own journey and every journey counts. :)

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    5 mile run and 100 squats. :)

Beast!

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    jrose6197 wrote: »
    Just trying to get fit again after turning 40 and trying to live my best life. Starting to mix in cardio n weights and frankly not sure what and how much I have to do to see results all advice is welcome.

Based on your comment (bolded) you absolutely qualify as a Cool Kid. Welcome to the club! :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Triometrics - done and totally blown away if I may say so myself!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    22 minute hard corps cold start & Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 21...60#! 11/11! A few reps less. Heavier bag and maintained perfect form, no pain in ankle. Gonna claim the win.
    Stupid Fitbit paused on or right after the break. 😠
  • vnylin
    vnylin Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    59 years old and down 50 lbs over the last year or so. Sitting at 192 working down to 180 (ish). Eating 1630 calories a day, 40/30/30, overnight oats and coffee, chicken and greens in wraps mostly, couple of oranges or clementines every day. light lunch. Cardio and weights 3 times a week. Dumbells, squats, lat pull downs, toning is happening. No magic bullet, stick to the plan and be patient.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    P90X3 Cold Start & Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 22! 60#! 12 full rounds. Focused on form and went deep into squats, full extensions at the top, no ankle pain. It’s getting there!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    4 mile run; 60 squats and a bunch of housework. Fell into bed, exhausted.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Eccentric Upper, half of Pilates, and half an hour on the elliptical - totally badass today!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    TGIF
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=Done! that one's TOUGH...and i keep coming back to it! LOL! :p
  • Joie_de_vivre17
    Joie_de_vivre17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    42 - Lifestyle changes a year ago and I managed to pack on some lbs. Attempting to ditch it all as soon as possible and get a routine that works for me. This was so much easier in my 20s when I needed to drop a bit.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Trial-trail trot”=Done! First “run” since rolling that ankle two weeks ago. Just up and back on the canal path. They added a cool new tunnel so nobody has to go off trail and close to the train tracks! BOOYAH!! Was going for 1 or 2...ended up with just over 3! Ankle held up well. Started a little stiff, but loosened up. We’ll see if I pay for it later.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Cardio Challenge"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power”=Done!
    “Power Day: 13 minutes AMRAP”! 60# for Cleans, Push press and Brute Force Burpees...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 23 (Done outside)! 60#! Ankle held up well. Still feels stiff and a little weak, but loosened up quickly and feels good! BOOYAH!
    Then...
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Sweat Intervals"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I have been good at going to cardio kickboxing 4 times a week and walking, but I'm off now for 4-6 weeks, going to stay yoga hopefully next week once I'm clear to and trying to get some walking in in the mean time and stay on track with my diet, though as usual there is too much sugar!