30 Day Shred Group- August (Part 2)

Options

Replies

• freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Just took before and during pics. Don't see much of a change myself :( bf says he sees it, but even he couldn't convincingly point it out to me.

I keep on downing myself and saying stuff like "probably my clothes diff and the way I'm standing". Sigh.

I think I'll do ripped in 30 and 30DS together in Sept.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    D4L3 complete.... OHHHHHH MY KNEE'S.....
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    D2L2 and ow. My arms are killing me. Funny what taking a week off will do to you, even if you are moderately active for more time during that week. I think I'm going to do L2 for the rest of August, then start over with L1 September 1st, hopefully with no modifications.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm on L3D3 and I love this level (so far)
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    L3D3 Done today. felt great! lets see at which day, on level 3, it starts to get boring lol. as of now I AM LOVING L3
    **1 more week and I am done with this challenge :0) cant wait to take measurements when i'm done
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 9 tonight.

I tried switching up from 9lb weights to 11lb weights last night but had to swap em back halfway through as I couldn't do it. Might have another go at 11lb tonight and see if I can get a bit further with them.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    D2L2 and ow. My arms are killing me. Funny what taking a week off will do to you, even if you are moderately active for more time during that week. I think I'm going to do L2 for the rest of August, then start over with L1 September 1st, hopefully with no modifications.

I'm starting again on Sept 1st!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    I'm done, I'm done, woot! woot! I'm done!! :happy:

That's right, 30 days complete! I went straight through, no skipped days and generally I followed Natalie throughout the full 30 days.

I'm going to play for the next 6 days before starting again on the first. I lost 5 inches, not as much weight as I would have liked, but that was my own issue, I didn't eat as well as I should have... :blushing:

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is FINALLY done!! From what other people have said, I'm looking forward to level 3.. but we shall see!! Eeep!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've already skipped 3 days of Level 3 because I got sooooooooooooooo bored with it. =/ Ughs! I guess I should just do it twice for the next 3 days and make up for it. It's just so easy that it's boring. =/
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of level 3 complete. I kind of enjoyed it actually and it felt good to workout after having had to rest for the past 2 days from soreness
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    D4L3 complete.... OHHHHHH MY KNEE'S.....

You're scaring me girl! I did L3D1 on Tuesday morning, and Tuesday night my knees were so sore I could barely walk down stairs. I don't know if the soreness gets amplified because I do my work out in the morning and then sit at a desk for the next 12-14 hours and don't give them enough motion throughout the day? I think because it was D1, I was really trying to follow the dvd as much as possible and really pushing myself. I skipped yesterday to hopefully give my knees a break, and I got back into it today, L3D2. I seriously modified any motion that involved the knees, and sometimes eliminated them altogether. Instead of modifying the plank pose moves by resting on my knees, I tried at least staying in the plank pose. Anyway, I know I'm not getting as much out of it as I could, but I'm just "100% committed" to protecting my knees. So take that, Jillian! :laugh: Either way, I'm finishing this thing..
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Getting scared about the knees!!!

Didn't do it last night. Sore as back. L2D8 tonight (I think! better check back...)
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options

That's right, 30 days complete! I went straight through, no skipped days and generally I followed Natalie throughout the full 30 days.

I'm going to play for the next 6 days before starting again on the first. I lost 5 inches, not as much weight as I would have liked, but that was my own issue, I didn't eat as well as I should have... :blushing:

Way to go!!! That is such an accomplishment. Are you following Jillian's eating plan too? I can't follow Natalie all the time,but haven't missed a day yet. 5 days to go.... I think I will do 30DS again and then move on to something else.

I haven't lost any weight since starting. I am trying to stay motivated by how much better I feel and the muscle I can feel under the fat. I'm waiting to do measurements until the last day. There have been a few days off on eating, but nothing terrible. So I'm not sure what the problem is there. I may need to do some kind of reboot for my system to get the weight to start coming off.
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    Getting scared about the knees!!!

Didn't do it last night. Sore as back. L2D8 tonight (I think! better check back...)

In 100% agreement Free! I did a Message Board search for "30 day shred knee brace", and I've found several people that used knee braces for the shred and said it really helped. So I plan to get to the store as quickly as possible to buy some to finish out this first 30 days, and then I'm planning to use the shred in a somewhat modified way after my August shred.
  • cmDaffy
    Options

Way to go!!! That is such an accomplishment. Are you following Jillian's eating plan too? I can't follow Natalie all the time,but haven't missed a day yet. 5 days to go.... I think I will do 30DS again and then move on to something else.

I haven't lost any weight since starting. I am trying to stay motivated by how much better I feel and the muscle I can feel under the fat. I'm waiting to do measurements until the last day. There have been a few days off on eating, but nothing terrible. So I'm not sure what the problem is there. I may need to do some kind of reboot for my system to get the weight to start coming off.

I haven't followed her diet plan, but I think I'm going to in the month of September. Are you following it? and if so, what do you think, give me a little food preview. Although I would have liked a weight loss, I feel so energized and ADL's are so much easier to do!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN DOING 30DS in SEPTEMBER...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/327371-30-day-shred-group-september

This way we can all stick together since we've all been so supportive this round! =) Who's for round 2??
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    L3D5 complete.... 5 more days (then 3 make up days) I am honestly bored now..... I am ready to do something outside....

I was reading a little about Jillian diet plan and she suggest that you burn as many calories as you consume. Well isn't that complete opposite of what MFP teaches you?
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    L3D5 complete.... 5 more days (then 3 make up days) I am honestly bored now..... I am ready to do something outside....

I was reading a little about Jillian diet plan and she suggest that you burn as many calories as you consume. Well isn't that complete opposite of what MFP teaches you?

My dr has a height/weight chart that says what a person should eat... I'm 5'6" & 200lbs, I'm suppose to eat 800 calories today.... Also, I was told by two professions NOT to eat my exercise calories.

1200 is just a general number. Someone 800lbs and someone 100lbs can't both be told the same thing... And I was told "Don't eat back your exercise calories, it defeats the person of working out to lose weight."

So i go with Jillian on this burn as much as you eat thing.

edit: I'm also bored with Level 3, it's too easy. I have 3 days to make up on Level 3 because I had no motivation to do it because it was way too easy.
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    L2D3. I've been using a knee brace for more than just this, but without it, I can't make it through 90% of the workout. I find that it definitely helps and is worth the $15 investment I made.

My arms were shaking so bad by the Circuit 3 tonight I couldn't make it through the plank twists. Hoping tomorrow is better.