Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Yay! @Snowflake1968 that's such great news. :D
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I got the call!!! I am meeting with her boss Tuesday at 1030. She gave me some tips for meeting him. I’m nervous and excited now, but as she said once that’s done it’s up to the universe, I should know I’ve given it my best.

That's great! I'll be rooting for you! I know you've worked so hard to get this. Fingers Crossed!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/8
    1 hour of running :) I did it! It wasn't pretty but I finished!
    Eat within 1300 calories :) Well, 1350 but I'm counting it. That run really wiped me out.
    Eat for fuel today :) I did so good with this. I don't want to eat like that all the time but I needed a reset day.
    Tackle my to do list with a grateful heart :/ Some yes, some no. My grateful heart crapped out as I was stuck in rainy traffic at the end of the day.
    Mindful eating-all meals :| Some yes, some no
    Breathing meditation 3 x :| I did two times so not bad.

I definitely did what I set out to do today. Going to see how I feel in the morning but I'm thinking a shorter less intense workout will have to do, especially since I have back to back appts all day. I'm not sure I'll get a chance to map out my goals for tomorrow so I'm doing it now.

JFT 5/9 Word of the day: Intention

30 minutes of exercise-whatever my body is feeling
    Eat for fuel for bfast/lunch/snacks
    Eat for joy & Fuel for dinner
    no alcohol
    Breathing meditation x2
    Mindful eating-put away devices

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Wednesday JFT:

✔▪Regular kiddo morning
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ✅▪Prelog Food➡️splurged on a Reese's Nutrageous candy bar and ice tea after my counseling appt. 😔 but im still under my calorie limit
    ✔▪Counselor Appt.
    ❌▪Devotional Time
    ✔▪Prep for Lin. Alg Final Exam (Thurs)
    ✔▪Call & make PM arrangements for kiddos Thurs.
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔✔▪Exercise (2 DVD)
    ✔▪Regular kid afternoon schedule
    ❌▪Elliptical ➡️didn't get it out of storage
    ✔▪Evening schedule

Gotta run! Have a blessed day!!
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Today
    -wake up a little earlier and fit in some steps :)
    -weight myself before starting the day :)
    -walk after work :)
    - stay within calories, watch after noon snacking, no snacks between work and dinner :)
    - drink water stay away for sweet tea :)
    * I drank only water today. I avoided snacking between lunch and dinner!! I ate only a banana for my snack and did not keep eating. I ate dinner at church tonight I was proud I got a water instead of sweet tea and did not eat my roll, I still ate dessert, but I had saved the calories to do that.

Tomorrow:
    1. Wake up in time for a short work out
    2. weight my self before the day starts
    3. walk after work
    4. no afternoon snacking
    5. no sweet tea
    6. 10,000+ steps
    7. stay within green on calories
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday May 9

Today I am going to try to drink more water and less wine as my holiday mentality had led to some over indulgence.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 961 Member
    Options

JFT 8th May

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises just some stretches
    Shop, bank, PO, petrol yes
    Start planting up the painted pots yes, was cold and wet!
    Phone for doctors appointment yes, couldn't get an appointment but have arranged a phone call appointment
    Housework no, other things were more interesting
    Visit parents yes

Positive thought - the receptionists at my new doctors surgery seem really nice and helpful.

JFT 9th May

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Housework
    Meet friend for walk, possibly coffee
    Read tax stuff, take action
    More gardening

I feel a bit more in control again. I've lost the weight gain caused by the new painkillers, and am coping better with them now.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM walk. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites.
    3. Class 1-2: Socratic discussion; put desks back in rows!
    4. Planning: A - Put papers away. Email LW about Saturday. B - Grade assessments. C - Grade late work. D - Continue essay work.
    5. Class 4: Test.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting 3:30. Treadmill to 10k. Essay work. Chop celery. Pack lunch. TAKE THE EXAM.
    8. Gratitude journal. Read 10 pages each of Cafeteria and Cross-Training. PACK TOWEL.
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM walk. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Pull chapter 5 questions. Check grading.
    3. Class 1-2: Chapter 5 work; makeup work. Return papers. File papers.
    4. Planning: A - Insert quotes into essay. B - Grade late assessments. C - Call juice bar - minis? D - Grade late work. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Makeup work. Return papers.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting 3:30. Run to 10k on TM. Pack lunch. Read 6 pages of Cafeteria, 10 of Cross-training.
    8. Check grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: Field trip day! Hopefully it will be peaceful and I'll have help putting papers where they go :)
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good luck @Snowflake1968
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I was doing really well yesterday until last night I just couldn't resist the cookies. I managed to stop before going over maintenance calories but just barely. Ah well, today is a new day and I WILL stay within my goals.

Yesterday 5/8:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😑
    5. Go grocery shopping😞 it ended up down pouring and I did not want to have to deal with groceries in that so I picked up some Panera instead
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    7. Cook dinner😞

JFT 5/9:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Workout after work
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Thursday JFT:

▪Regular kiddo morning
    ▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Prelog Food / Stay under calorie limit
    ▪Devotional Time
    ▪Lin. Alg Final Exam (1-4pm)
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Exercise (Rest Day per DVD sch.)
    ▪Kids PM schedule will include after-school care so I can complete my exam
    ▪Elliptical
    ▪Evening schedule

My day will revolve around my final exam today. This is the first of 3 final exams to finish the semester. Luckily my DVD program happens to allow this Thurs as a "Rest Day" / "Soak in Hot Tub" Day! 😁 This is helpful so I can focus on my exam. I hope you all have a blessed day!! 🤗
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @korina75 woow, 1 hour of running, respect!

@snowflake1968 great news! Keeping my fingers crossed! Hope they recognize your potential and your awesomeness!

@slgibbs1987 Welcome!
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Ive been doing awfully.
    Sometimes i can have a good day, or a REALLY good day.
    Followed by 2-3 days of couchlock..

Onnnn Friday? I could feel it coming on, and i kept telling myself "no dont sit down just do this or do that, get that done" then id have a rest and id force myself to get up and try again but in the end it won. I gave up. And spent the whole weekend just being horrible to everyone.

And then when im sat im just thinking, and then the thinking spirals and i manage to convince myself its everyone elses fault and i shout at them?!

And then later i reflect and just feel stupid and have to apologize and then i just feel worse!

Oh, I am sorry you feel this way. Feeling sorry is really an awful experience. But you're reflecting and doing your best...try to forgive yourself, we all have bad days when we feel pushed over the limits. My mum used to say some really horrible things when she would get mad, but the moment she would hug me and tell me she is sorry or that she loves me, I would forget about any of it. With time I just learned that those moments of ugly words are just her way to deal with life and everyone's expectations. I never doubted her love for me and overall I feel so grateful that I got her for my mum.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Super late posting as went to a pre-work exercise class. All good but v hectic! Will catch up with you all later but yay! @snowflake1968 re the interview! X

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - Early to work for staff choir ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - Planning time- water and veggie snacks only ❎ had some fruit too
    - Leave early to pick up girls ✅
    - Quick stop for smoothies with kids ✅
    - Cash for piano teacher ✅
    - Bed by 9:30 ✅

Thursday goals:
    - up early to pack clothes and snacks for school ✅
    - morning warrior class 6:30 done ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave by 4:30
    - sort kids’ dinner then head to parents evening
    - parents evening 5:30
    - laundry
    - bed by 9:30

Have a good day all x
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    JFT:

Yesterday I hit my first goal - 75kg, which sets me on the upper edge of normal BMI. :) It's 7kg less than last summer, and 7kg more than my best weight. I am happy with it, but I am trying to not focus on the scale, but on the habits, since I can't keep the scale during the pregnancy I am hoping for, but habits I can keep.

This is so insightful!!! I'm in the same boat, trying to get healthy to get pregnant. And I've been wondering how to carry over weightloss into pregnancy - but youve opened my eyes that its about the habits, not the weight loss!

• AJB1014
    Options
    I got the call!!! I am meeting with her boss Tuesday at 1030. She gave me some tips for meeting him. I’m nervous and excited now, but as she said once that’s done it’s up to the universe, I should know I’ve given it my best.

YAY!!! Sending you all the positive vibes until then! You got this!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Weds
    1. WATERS :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Hard boiled egg for snack :)
    5. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    6. Town meeting at 7:00 >:) dog desperately needed a bath so we missed it. I'll read the minutes.
    7. Cook dinner at home - grilled chicken :)
    8. Work til ATLEAST 4:30 :)
    9. Bed by 9:30 >:)

JFT Thurs
    1. WATERS!
    2. Log all food
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Hard boiled egg for snack before job #2
    5. NO CANDY at job #2
    6. Cook dinner at home - meatballs and raviolis
    7. Book hiking hut for mum
    8. Make coffee
    9. Bed by 9:30
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday May 8 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - 60 Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 5/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - ;) I didn't do this but I managed a 5.6K walk so feel I made up for it
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Thursday May 9 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Yesterday was a good day! I got the call for the interview that I'll have on Tuesday and in the afternoon Rodger found out that he has made provisional at work. Provisional means a raise for him, and the provisional employees have a better chance of year round work. The position that he is training for this week, is also a year round job and the person he is training with doesn't want the position anymore. Hopefully this means Rodger gets it, it's something he enjoys and if it goes full time that means he will have great benefits and a pension.
    We have learned not to trust anything until it's in writing though. I truly hope and pray that everything for both Rodger and I turn out so that maybe we can get back on track again.

As for weight loss goals yesterday, I finally felt it was nice enough to get out for a walk and it was lovely. I spent the time talking to my friend that I check in with so my pace was slower but it was worth it and I walked an extra block so I could finish telling her a story.

Today the Maid of Honor and 2 bridesmaids are coming to our place to craft up a storm for the bachelorette party, it is coming up fast. We are making shot glasses, a banner, some signs, and I'm not sure what else. It should be a fun day and knowing these girls late night. I do have my swimming lesson tonight so will be taking a break during that time.

I should read posts and then get on with my morning, I want to do some tidying before they get here.