JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    daneejela wrote: »
    @Bex953172 haven't seen you last days, I hope you're doing good. Sending you a big hug!

@Snowflake1968 thank you! I intuitively agree with you and I think that I might have been overthinking it.

Ive been doing awfully.
    Sometimes i can have a good day, or a REALLY good day.
    Followed by 2-3 days of couchlock..

Onnnn Friday? I could feel it coming on, and i kept telling myself "no dont sit down just do this or do that, get that done" then id have a rest and id force myself to get up and try again but in the end it won. I gave up. And spent the whole weekend just being horrible to everyone.

And then when im sat im just thinking, and then the thinking spirals and i manage to convince myself its everyone elses fault and i shout at them?!

And then later i reflect and just feel stupid and have to apologize and then i just feel worse!

@MLHC1 You definitely need a break from the kids. You dont have to explain yourself as if sayjng it is a bad thing! Kids are demanding, they need everything, and its horribly overwhelming!
    I was saying to another lady in the school playground because for once she didnt have one of her 3 kids with her (ones an 12 week old baby) i asked her if it felt strange, she said yeah ite really weird not having one with me or the pram or any bags to hold, im amazed at how quick i walked here!!

Hugs hugs hugs

Hugs Bex <3 I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. You have been through so many changes this past year ... maybe it is just your body telling you to slow down a little. With your move, worries about your partner, 3 little girls needing constant care ... time to just take care of Bex. We are here for you ... whenever you want to vent or just get on here and talk. Take good care of you.
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2019
    Options
    So goals today are simple
    l. log all food :) We are getting trees cut down in our yard, so busy with that. Plus, somehow I ended up getting a cold, and just feeling really crappy. So most of the day was sit either sitting or laying down. I hate feeling this way, and I rarely get sick, but must have picked up something. Hubby wanted pizza again, but I ordered myself a salad, and stopped at just 3 pieces of pizza (but they were very small pizza squares)
    concentrate on water :/ Really bad at my water again ... have to get out that red cup!
    go out for a walk since I skipped the gym :/ Just not feeling good at all .. spent the nite in bed watching Tv.
    get back on here everyday ... be accountable. :)

JFT, Thurs
    1`. log all food
    2.concentrate on water
    3. rest so I feel better

I don't have the time to go back and read all the posts ... but did see @snowflake .... good luck with the job interview! And great news on Rogers promotion! Hopefully things will start to change for the better for you .. you've been through a lot this year.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I got the call!!! I am meeting with her boss Tuesday at 1030. She gave me some tips for meeting him. I’m nervous and excited now, but as she said once that’s done it’s up to the universe, I should know I’ve given it my best.

YAY!! Good luck!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Recap 5/8 Happy hump day!
    1) Walked dog before work & saw/heard bunch of turkeys in the usual area, heard cardinals, blue jays, red winged blackbirds, geese among other birds / 3.53 mi 1:05:28 / stretched after = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / decided on brown rice & eggrolls for supper and prelogged / have a little wiggle room but don't go overboard / net cals zero / 14c water = After supper ate 1 power muffin & 2 Hershey miniatures... not as bad as recent days. Net cals -105 :/ , sodium -477, sugar -1 yay, fiber low-ish, protein ok, 14c water
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,491 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 40 floors :smiley:
    4) Complete at least 3 of 21 folders & corresponding compliance rate sheet = Not as planned but progress. Got access issue w/ KeyWatcher resolved after 4 phone calls & emailed questionnaire I did not realize during observation phase that I needed. PY someone did not bring forward certain documentation so I'm flailing a little to do it right this year. :#
    5) Evening: mail cards/other on way home :smile: & rain did not pour until I was almost home / fold & put away upstairs line-dried laundry :smile: almost forgot / bake Kodiak Cake power muffins (use up 2 really ripe bananas) :D double batch since I incorrectly creamed double the butter with the brown sugar ~ ok bc co-workers always like food :smile: / wash dishes? :smiley: yes other? :smile: little decluttering done
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify alarm for 6, BED & TV OFF 10:20 :smiley: in bed & NO TV 10p.m. & fell asleep right away ~ yay! (rain forecast so x-train before work R)

JFT 5/9 R ~ Rainy, foggy day
    1) X-trained [weights/circuit] before work & muscles getting more definition = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Prelogged usual breakfast, lunch & snacks / supper w/ BFF trying new restaurant that specializes in meals from 12 local farms, several brewers, a fishery, coffee roaster & bakery, all local ~ which I love to support ~ preview menu online / net cals w/i -100 / 14c water
    4) Progress on GA-B / change password for chapter email & let back-ups know
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify 5:40 alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work F)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Wednesday

- Up at 4:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Gym by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Water plants :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Lunch <300 cal :smiley:
    - Walk 2 mile loop at work :smiley:
    - Testing trials :(
    - Leave work by 4:30 :smiley:
    - Church / youth at 6:30 :smiley:
    - V singing after church :smiley:
    - Reasonable dinner under cals :neutral: I ate a little more than I have been, but I figured if it's not going to stay in, I might as well.
    - Layout clothes for the gym :( Just too weak and tired
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Kind of late getting on here. I over slept for the first time in ages. Almost called off work, but I didn't want to call medical, I didn't want to waste my vacation and I'm mostly just tired and dehydrated. Tuesday I thought I was better. Yesterday it was back. I still don't have an appetite, but I did eat dinner. Just things I like the taste of which isn't very healthy. Any way, other than feeling very run down, the day was good.

JFT Thursday

- Work by 8:00 :(
    - Drink water :smiley:
    - Work on Br issues :smiley: -
    - Work with lab on Cu issues :smiley:
    - Check on JFT Posts
    - Lunch <300cal
    - Walk 1-2 miles at work unless the storms come through first.
    - Should work until 5:30, but will leave early to take kid dinner before the talent show
    - Let the dogs out before the talent show
    - Talent show at 6:00
    - Dinner
    - Laundry - kid needs "blacks" done for her regatta this weekend.
    - To bed as soon as the laundry is done or at least the last load is in the dryer.

Positive thought for the day: I have a job I can show up to an hour late with zero makeup on, and nobody cares.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    @lafayettenana I hope the surgery went well. Take it easy and do your therapy exercise. You will thank yourself in the long run.

@cschmitz110515 Great job deciding it was time to buckle down. I usually don't come to that conclusion until I feel like I've gone too far.

@Snowflake1968 : Your weight is going the right direction (Outstanding). You have a shot at a great job (good luck), and Roger's career my be taking off (awesome). Best of luck and I'm really happy for you.

@Bex953172 : I get the overwhelming situation you are experiencing and I wish I had an answer that would pull you out of it, but I've never found one. For me it just has to run its course until I can get up the energy to force myself to do something. Once I start participating in my life again, I'm almost to the top of the pit I've been stuck in. I mean I would do things that absolutely had to be done, but I'd not really be a part of it. Maybe think of something you used to enjoy and just go do it. You may not enjoy it like you used to, but maybe it can get you on the right track. Much love and a virtual hug.

@aubyshortcake You've got this! Just keep setting these little goals and fighting to meet them. I totally believe you can do this.

@daneejela First of all congrats on the stellar weight loss. Secondly there is nothing wrong with not wanting to share a term of endearment with your MIL. It actually kind of creepy. It's fun to joke around and be flirty, but not when someones feelings are hurt. Sit down and talk to DH and tell him you love that he likes to joke around with you. I sounds like its one of the ways you know he loves you. However, telling him that you'd rather him not use the same phrases for you and his mom. You love his mom, but you are his wife. Just a thought.

@MLHC1 Best of luck with your final exams. I totally stress over that stuff.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I won’t be posting much for the next week. The surgery went well. It’s been about 24 hours and DARN the nerve block has worn off so I’ll be managing pain now. My hubby has gotten lots of healthy food for me. Not really hungry yet. Take care everyone

Best wishes for your recovery x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I am tired and frustrated and cranky. Had to stay after at school because of a storm. ALL STUDENTS were kept for an HOUR. Of course it was my largest, most rambunctious class. So, no workout. And I'm exhausted anyway. :P
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    JFT 09/05/19 Thursday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening :smile:
    2. Log everything and be under calorie goal :smile:
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :smile:
    4. Make time to be mindful for me :smile:

JFT 09/05/2019 Friday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening
    2. Log everything and be under calorie goal
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Make time to be mindful for me

I’ve lost 2lb so I’m very happy with that.

@snowflake1968 happy for you and your husband. Hard work pays off and it’s nice to have good things go your way. Hehe at troughing it. People will get used to my way of saying things.

@Faebert what a week of football. Just saw Chelsea win UEFA semi on pens. 4 English teams in the European finals! One of my brothers in law is a Spurs fan so we had similar in our family. My mum & dad live in Malaga so we’re all going over for a week, 6 kids + husbands/wives + grandkids so it’s going to be mad. All the fellas are going to Madrid for the night.

Have a good Friday everyone xx
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I won’t be posting much for the next week. The surgery went well. It’s been about 24 hours and DARN the nerve block has worn off so I’ll be managing pain now. My hubby has gotten lots of healthy food for me. Not really hungry yet. Take care everyone

There's a couple of facebook groups for hip/knee replacements that are very helpful. Will put them on here later, make a difference when you have worries or questions. Good luck with keeping the pain down!!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Quick recap for today-I am exhausted and ready for some rest.

JFT 5/9 Word of the day: Intention

30 minutes of exercise-whatever my body is feeling :) Did 45 minutes of steady running, so proud!
    Eat for fuel for bfast/lunch/snacks :)
    Eat for joy & Fuel for dinner :/ Dinner was a rushed affair and definitely not joy.
    no alcohol :)
    Breathing meditation x2 :)
    Mindful eating-put away devices :( Definitely not. Ate breakfast in my car driving down the highway, ate lunch hunched over my computer at an inspection, and ate dinner standing in the kitchen. Not a good mindful day but I did stay within calories so there is that.

JFT 5/10
    Tackle my to do list and get it out of the way early
    Date day! Enjoy my lunch date with hubby
    Eat for joy but mindfully for lunch
    30 minutes of exercise-whatever my body needs
    REST and relax and enjoy family Friday night.
    Shut off computer by 5 pm!

Five days until my BFF gets here and we fly to Antigua! I cannot wait!

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Thursday JFT:

✔▪Regular kiddo morning
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪Breakfast➡️enjoyed breakfast out with hubby (high calorie 😔)
    ❌▪Prelog Food / Stay under calorie limit
    ❌▪Devotional Time
    ✔▪Lin. Alg Final Exam (1-4pm)
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Exercise (Rest Day per DVD sch.)
    ✔▪Kids PM schedule will include after-school care so I can complete my exam
    ❌▪Elliptical
    ✅▪Evening schedule➡️my wonderful teenager made dinner tonight bc im feeling ill so Im having tea and calling it a night

My day will revolve around my final exam today. This is the first of 3 final exams to finish the semester. Luckily my DVD program happens to allow this Thurs as a "Rest Day" / "Soak in Hot Tub" Day! 😁 This is helpful so I can focus on my exam. I hope you all have a blessed day!! 🤗

My calories are off the chart today, I feel sick but I did good on my final exam. 'till tomorrow, be blessed!!

• hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Thursday
    1. Wake up in time for a short work out- yes
    2. weight my self before the day starts- yes
    3. walk after work- no
    4. no afternoon snacking- no
    5. no sweet tea- yes, but I drank a Gatorade :(
    6. 10,000+ steps- not yet, but I am about to change that before settling in for the night
    7. stay within green on calories- no, but not as bad and i thought I had messed it up, that afternoon snacking can get dangerous fast.

Friday Plan:
    1. Wake up in time for a short work out
    2. weight my self before the day starts
    3. Special luncheon at work- be reasonable, don't go overboard on desserts, avoid drinking calories! watch the portions
    4. walk after work
    5. no afternoon snacking save those calories for dinner!
    6. no sweet tea
    7. 10,000+ steps
    8. stay within green on calories
    * tomorrow is going to be tough, busy and lots of food around, I will have to work and not over eating!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all! It’s Friday and I’ve done my run - yay! Going to enjoy those calories later 😉

Quick goals as already at work and the small people will arrive in the classroom soon!

Thursday goals recap:
    - up early to pack clothes and snacks for school ✅
    - morning warrior class 6:30 ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave by 4:30 ❎ 4:42!
    - sort kids’ dinner then head to parents evening ✅
    - parents evening 5:30✅
    - laundry✅
    - bed by 9:30 ❎ 9.43, it will do..

Friday goals:
    - morning run ✅ and more speed improvements! 😃
    - pack snacks and milk for work ✅