May 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent How is Kristi’s knee/toe alignment? Have her walk a few feet and stop, not looking at her feet and see if the feet (or knees) point forward or in or out. I think it looks like crossover sign, (not a doctor). While in the swing forward, She’s lining up the hip/ femur, but the leg isn’t in that line. Could be simply weakness or tightness, or femoral torsion or acetabular version. Not a doctor.
    Best wishes.

She has a congenital defect in her knees that cause them to be turned slightly outwards. This of course throws everything off.

Oh, is it miserable malalignment syndrome? Or tibial torsion? Or what I had, femoral version? She looks happy for sure, so guess it’s not horribly painful. She’s a bad kitten, ya know.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent How is Kristi’s knee/toe alignment? Have her walk a few feet and stop, not looking at her feet and see if the feet (or knees) point forward or in or out. I think it looks like crossover sign, (not a doctor). While in the swing forward, She’s lining up the hip/ femur, but the leg isn’t in that line. Could be simply weakness or tightness, or femoral torsion or acetabular version. Not a doctor.
    Best wishes.

She has a congenital defect in her knees that cause them to be turned slightly outwards. This of course throws everything off.

Oh, is it miserable malalignment syndrome? Or tibial torsion? Or what I had, femoral version? She looks happy for sure, so guess it’s not horribly painful. She’s a bad kitten, ya know.

I dunno what the name is. I was not there for that appointment and she is bad about asking questions.

She was in a lot of pain in most of those pictures. Whatever she did to her leg started bothering her at mile 5 of 26. With the knee braces (see pics) and orthotics she seems to be managing well, until this new problem.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,010 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those of you who use KT tape. Do you just put it on right before a run and then remove it afterward? Or do you leave it on for a while and is it hard to take off?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I have a question for those of you who use KT tape. Do you just put it on right before a run and then remove it afterward? Or do you leave it on for a while and is it hard to take off?

I leave it on until it starts to come off, about 3-5 days. It’s not hard to get off.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

I leave it on until it starts to come off, about 3-5 days. It’s not hard to get off.

My experience as well.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Run/walked 4 something miles today, about 2 miles running, ankle is grumpy with me, icing it. I can amble along at about 11 minute mile pace, anything faster or oddly enough slower hurts.

Beautiful soft warm rain, saw an indigo bunting. There was also a shrew in the middle of the path, I tried to shoo him away so he wouldn’t get flattened by a bicycle and he came after me! They aren’t all that fast and he was easy to avoid but now I’m wondering if there was something wrong with him.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

My experience as well.

How do you get it to stay on so well? Mine always starts to peel within 24 hrs.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,010 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 and @Tramboman Thanks!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

My experience as well.

That is what my wife did when she used it too.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    Today’s run was fueled by lunch pizza, which also meant pizza kept trying to be resurrected, which wasn’t real awesome. But still, I did a similar treadmill run to last weeks struggle fest... only I maintained speed, and actually had longer run intervals.... and somehow it was not a strugglefest. Like, I was tempted to keep going, but I still wanted to bench tonight, and I want to do 8 miles this weekend, outside, when it’s back to “spring” (I think we are on take 7, hopefully we get the shot right this time.) not on the darn treadmill. I really didn’t think PT lady did all that much last week, but it’s actually kind of incredible how much less cranky the ankle is, and how much of an impact that has on my attitude, and the outcome of the run. So, I’m kind of looking forward to tomorrow’s appointment, even if she did threaten me with needles.

4.7 tonight = 21/50

Also, please don’t tell me I am the only one who thinks “Mrs. Vincent” should come join our tribe?

I thought the same thing!