Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless You rock!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    How do you know when you are too far gone in this running thing? When this is the mother's day gift you order for your wife and she is head over heels excited to get them...

tyarb92c3ymw.png
    Altra AFW1755F Women's Lone Peak 3.5 Shoes

Want
  • Tramboman
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    How do you know when you are too far gone in this running thing? When this is the mother's day gift you order for your wife and she is head over heels excited to get them...

tyarb92c3ymw.png
    Altra AFW1755F Women's Lone Peak 3.5 Shoes

Want

$65 on Amazon.com right now, which I think is a killer price - Assuming you are in USA. Not sure on prices elsewhere.

Also, she is walking around the house in them! LOL I think I scored :D

Well done, @PastorVincent!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Sounds like you got Mrs. PastorVincent exactly what she wanted. Great job! Who says you have to go to Gerard's or Kay Jewler's? BTW, that is a great marathon moment.

@rheddmobile Hope the Achilles heals quickly. Glad you can run a little now, anyway.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Achilles’ tendon still sucks. Walked 6.5 miles and ran several intervals totalling maybe a mile... and my ankle is letting me know that little bit of running was too much.

I saw my regular doctor for a1c and thyroid check yesterday and took the opportunity to consult her about my ankle, and she was of the opinion that an ortho probably wouldn’t be able to offer much that I’m not already doing. It’s obvious there’s no major tear and as far as microtears I would just be told to ease off for a while. She did warn me that Achilles’ tendons take forever to rehab, which I was already noticing. Her prescription was to run as long as it seems to be getting better, and stop if it seems to be getting worse.

I really want to run again. Soon. Even the tiny bit of running I did today made my glucose control so much better for my evening meal.

We crossed the bridge where we saw three snakes last week, only saw two snakes. Then we saw a Cooper’s hawk, and a pair of great blue herons. Just beautiful.

Have you tried taping the Achilles? When I had issues with mine, KT Tape got me through it and I eventually could run pain free.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Achilles’ tendon still sucks. Walked 6.5 miles and ran several intervals totalling maybe a mile... and my ankle is letting me know that little bit of running was too much.

I saw my regular doctor for a1c and thyroid check yesterday and took the opportunity to consult her about my ankle, and she was of the opinion that an ortho probably wouldn’t be able to offer much that I’m not already doing. It’s obvious there’s no major tear and as far as microtears I would just be told to ease off for a while. She did warn me that Achilles’ tendons take forever to rehab, which I was already noticing. Her prescription was to run as long as it seems to be getting better, and stop if it seems to be getting worse.

I really want to run again. Soon. Even the tiny bit of running I did today made my glucose control so much better for my evening meal.

We crossed the bridge where we saw three snakes last week, only saw two snakes. Then we saw a Cooper’s hawk, and a pair of great blue herons. Just beautiful.

Have you tried taping the Achilles? When I had issues with mine, KT Tape got me through it and I eventually could run pain free.

i was sceptical but a nurse friend suggested it. and i found taping my ankle tendons has helped tremendously.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    5-1 injury idle
    5-2 rest
    5-3 injury idle
    5-4 injury idle
    5-5 injury idle
    5-6 rest
    5-7 3.5k slow
    5.8 7.5k slow

May Total: 11k
    May Goal: 100k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Partly cloudy and cool with a light breeze from the northeast today. Back was a little tight for about the first 3k, but loosened up after that and only provided the occasional niggle. Guess I'm OK to run.
    @PastorVincent: What a great tribute to both those two determined runners and the race organizers who appear to understand the things that go on inside a runner's head.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-1 Freedom 5K (Will be off the schedule due to another commitment)
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @martaindale - how old is your daughter? Mine started swimming (club) when she was 5 and swam all thru HS and into college. It was great for her but I don't miss those weekend all day swim meets where we waited all day for her to swim a few times.
    @PastorVincent - love that story about the Pittsburgh Marathon! So awesome that those ladies were allowed to finish and kept at it to do so! I too think you got Mrs. Pastor Vincent the perfect gift!! Good job! :smile:
    @mbaker566 and @polskagirl01 - love the places you get to run! So beautiful!
    @rheddmobile - any chance the 6.5 mile walk aggravated your Achilles? I know when mine was bothering me walking was as much if not more of an issue than running.
    @mbaker566 - that is a great picture! I hate that they charge SO much for pictures. I have actually been to a couple of races where they gave the downloads for free.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Interesting article on what to wear for spring running and/or when it is still cool outside but not cold.
    https://www.active.com/running/articles/when-runners-should-take-their-pants-off?cmp=18N-PB2000-S20-T9-running-AR4&eps=title_1114426