May 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Sorry your marathon didn't go as planned @midwesterner85, but you finished, and that is a HUGE accomplishment. You have run several marathons in that last month or so, and that is really remarkable! You are a beast.

/\ Agreed!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Sorry your marathon didn't go as planned @midwesterner85, but you finished, and that is a HUGE accomplishment. You have run several marathons in that last month or so, and that is really remarkable! You are a beast.

/\ Agreed!

Yeah what they said! Just finishing one, let alone more than one, boggles my mind!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Great race! Sounds like you managed it well and ran a better race than you planned on despite obstacles. Any word on the downed runner?
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Great race! Sounds like you managed it well and ran a better race than you planned on despite obstacles. Any word on the downed runner?

When my husband passed them a few minutes behind me he said she was awake but very pale so they'd managed to revive her by then. The heat is an issue here and a lot of people seem to forget to take it into account when they race. A lot of the people that lapped me today are people I usually see out on easy runs at 8am (this was a couple of hours later) and oh boy were they puffing and panting!

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing your marathon @midwesterner85. You are tough stuff.

@eleanorhawkins well done on your race!

Welcome @MsJourno!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

/\ Agreed!

Yeah what they said! Just finishing one, let alone more than one, boggles my mind!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Way to go on your race. Good to put mean girls in their place.

@katharmonic sounds like you got bit by the axe throwing bug. I had never heard of it before, until last week when my wife went with a group of friends to do it. She thought it was really fun too! Who knew you could step up from throwing sharp darts while drinking?? 🤣😵
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Today was my first half marathon ... So pleased to finish and feel ok, apart from couple of blisters and tired legs in 3:00:02 including one toilet stop and a selfie at the abbey. I didn't do this one for time, just to prove to myself I could. I'd like to do another (well at the moment, see how my legs feel tomorrow!) and go a bit faster. Thank you to everyone on here who has given me advice and encouragement - you are awesome!

Well done!

• PastorVincent
    Options
    tess453 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Stumbled across this today and will join late if that's ok!

I completed a sprint tri a few weeks ago and have sat on my *kitten* for 2 weeks eating cake ever since. So in a bid to not let my training go to waste and kick a few pounds before a wedding in June, yesterday I decided to start 30 days of running! 30 days, 30 runs, any distance.

Has anyone done this and got any tips?

Here's my totals so far:

5/11- 3.1 miles
    5/12 - 3.53 miles

Total: 6.63 miles

I do not have any advice on wedding dresses but wanted to say welcome! People come in "late" all the time, tis fine!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Eddie_Ice wrote: »
    Hello everyone! First time poster trying to get back into marathon running shape. Ive run a half and I was not very pleased with my time but was feeling the high of actually finishing. This year I'm signed up for a half and a full so I REALLY want to do well on both. I started Hal Higdons Novice one marathon training plan a bit early so I can taper back down after finishing it to be ready for the half but still be used to long miles for the full a month later.

Tonight I have a 7 mile run but here is what I have so far this month!
    5/1- 3 miles
    5/2- 3 miles
    5/5 - 6 miles
    5/6 - 3 Miles
    5/8 - 3 miles
    5/10 - 3 miles
    5/12 - 7 miles

Total 28 miles/Goal 55 Miles

Looking forward to logging these miles with you all feel free to add me!

Welcome! Hal's novice plans are great for getting a novice from "I can not run X distance" to "I completed a race in X distance" - if you can already do the race distance, and really care about doing it faster, you might want to look at some of the plans higher up his skill chain. It just depends on where you are actually at, your goals, and your dedication. All of which only you truly know. :)