Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    TGIF
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=Done! that one's TOUGH...and i keep coming back to it! LOL! :p
  • Joie_de_vivre17
    Joie_de_vivre17 Posts: 23 Member
    I’m in!
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    42 - Lifestyle changes a year ago and I managed to pack on some lbs. Attempting to ditch it all as soon as possible and get a routine that works for me. This was so much easier in my 20s when I needed to drop a bit.
  • gam3rguy
    “Trial-trail trot”=Done! First “run” since rolling that ankle two weeks ago. Just up and back on the canal path. They added a cool new tunnel so nobody has to go off trail and close to the train tracks! BOOYAH!! Was going for 1 or 2...ended up with just over 3! Ankle held up well. Started a little stiff, but loosened up. We’ll see if I pay for it later.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Cardio Challenge"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    “INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power”=Done!
    “Power Day: 13 minutes AMRAP”! 60# for Cleans, Push press and Brute Force Burpees...
  • gam3rguy
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 23 (Done outside)! 60#! Ankle held up well. Still feels stiff and a little weak, but loosened up quickly and feels good! BOOYAH!
    Then...
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Sweat Intervals"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Well I have been good at going to cardio kickboxing 4 times a week and walking, but I'm off now for 4-6 weeks, going to stay yoga hopefully next week once I'm clear to and trying to get some walking in in the mean time and stay on track with my diet, though as usual there is too much sugar!
  • Bodyopus
    Bodyopus Posts: 25 Member
    Count me in too! I just turned 40 two days ago and I’m still not ready to accept it.
  • suzanne6094
    suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
    Hello Cool Cats... Turning 41 next Month and loving the 40's....

Found BJJ last year and it has transformed my life.... Don't turn your back on me HA HA

Struggle a bit with nutrition at the moment, so would appreciate some guidance...

I am def not trying to lose weight, my goals are to gain lean muscle and some weight and just have optimal better health and fitness.

Oss!
  • mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Wish I could say I'm 40 or 41 ... I'm 60 in a few weeks. :sad:

I don't have huge losses to make ... for me it's more about loosing the acquired belly fat and feeling fitter and gaining some knowledgeable like minded friends.
  • gam3rguy
    “INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power”=Done!
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 24! 115#!
  • Integrity_life
    Integrity_life Posts: 24 Member
    42... usually 40 mins cycling per day, 100 push ups min. everyday and 6000 steps....plus resistence bands instead of weights 3 days a week for a change up.
    Gotta stay on top of my game!
  • gam3rguy
    “INSANITY MAX:30 Friday Fight Round 1”=Done!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member

Found BJJ last year and it has transformed my life.... Don't turn your back on me HA HA

Struggle a bit with nutrition at the moment, so would appreciate some guidance...

I am def not trying to lose weight, my goals are to gain lean muscle and some weight and just have optimal better health and fitness.

Oss!

Welcome! BJJ BB under Bart Smith (Rigan Machado) Gaining some lean muscle and a little weight is totally doable. Happy help out if I can.

47glgfpkvzc9.png
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hey Kids,

Good stuff happening here as usual. Love reading the posts.

Feeling a bit like a caged animal, since I'm in the " not really sore, yet not healthy enough to resume training" phase of injury rehab. The one thing I can do is swim, so I joined a masters swim class in hopes of improving my swim technique.

I'm also getting to practice yoga twice a week, which I"m told is kind of funny to watch. :)
  • suzanne6094
    suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
    11Templars wrote: »

Oss!

Welcome! BJJ BB under Bart Smith (Rigan Machado) Gaining some lean muscle and a little weight is totally doable. Happy help out if I can.

47glgfpkvzc9.png

Help would be appreciated, it seems like bjj burns calories like crazy and I.cant keep up
  • gam3rguy
    “INSANITY MAX:30 Pulse”=Done this morning...
    ...THEN!
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 25! “The Kraken”!!! 60#! 874 total reps. Started strong beating last round ‘s numbers, then was struggling to Mach them. Just gonna lay here on the floor now and practice “Alpha try not to die”. If I roll just a little and stretch...I think I can reach the PS4 controller from here...🤔