100 pounds GONE FOREVER!!!

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• dsamsie
    dsamsie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You and your husband look amazing. And loving your little black dress! Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • almostmrsfox
    almostmrsfox Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You both look incredible! Such an inspiration for my husband and myself!!
  • myguyed
    myguyed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tmt2003 wrote: »
    My story is typical of a lot of people here. I think the last time I was a normal weight, I was 5 years old. After years of yo-yo dieting, struggling with infertility, 2 rounds of IVF, a twin pregnancy and several major depressions I had reached 256 pounds (I’m 5’5”). I started in March of 2011 just trying to eat less and exercise. I was going at it blindly, I had no idea how much “less” to eat or how much exercise was “enough”. A friend introduced me to MFP and it just clicked. I never turned back!
    Today I weighed in at 155 pounds!! I went from wearing a size 24 to a size 10!!

Untitled3.jpg

My whole lifestyle has changed and I will never go back to that person I was a year and a half ago. My family is healthier and happier. We are an active family now and my boys get to enjoy things like go swimming with their parents, bike rides, kayaking and hiking trips. My DH has been on this journey with me and has lost 72 pounds of his own. He is amazing and I love him so much and I am so proud of him too!!

Todd.jpg

It took me about 18 months. I had to change up what I was doing several times along the way. Right now I eat around my BMR and do 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week and ST 2x a week. My daily diet is not perfect and I enjoy the occasional “free day,” but try not to go crazy. I hit “pause” and “reset” a few times, but I never, not once allowed myself to even consider giving up. Not for one second.

I’m just a regular person. I was overweight my whole life! I am a busy wife and mom, I work full-time. I love junk food and I still don’t particularly like exercise, but I am dedicated to a better life for myself and my family. I am 5 pounds away from “normal” and 15 pounds from my ultimate goal, something I never thought would be possible! Seriously, if I can do this anyone can! Don’t ever give up! Good luck to you all!!!
  • myguyed
    myguyed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I just started out and have over 100 pounds to loose. Your story gives me hope! Thank you
  • ttodd16
    ttodd16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you so much for your inspirational post!
  • youthpastord
    youthpastord Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love your story. And crongrats to you and your weight loss your story inspired me to keep going thank you!
  • AshleyPAlford
    AshleyPAlford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey did you always stick around 1200 calories?
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Lovely story, but this is an old thread. OP hasn't been on mfp since September 2016
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    another resurrected thread, wonder how folk actually happen upon 'em....but once they appear again they can hang around for a while...

Makes me wonder how the OP is getting on now though, an update would be good :smile:
  • hangonsloopy44
    hangonsloopy44 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Gives myself hope.
  • Xennial
    Xennial Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant. Well done both!
  • Xennial
    Xennial Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant. Well done both!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Wow this post is 7 years old! Who pulls these old ones up???
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Fantastic weight loss!
  • walterskh
    walterskh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and thank you for sharing! I just got back on-line last week.

35402148.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!