Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Turns out my mum had her hip replacement op today and I didn't find out until afterwards. It was due at the end of the month but there was a cancellation so she jumped forward (well not literally if course). I'm kind of glad I didn't know, as I didn't spend all day at work worrying about it. And luckily I was organised and have already made her a little get well hamper. Hamper is a grand term - it's a plant pot full of nice smelling things and chocolate and grandchildren 'art', but hopefully it'll make her smile. I really hope this helps. My mum is usually super active and gas been struggling to even walk more than a mile in recent times.

Hope her surgery helps, and cute idea!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Turns out my mum had her hip replacement op today and I didn't find out until afterwards. It was due at the end of the month but there was a cancellation so she jumped forward (well not literally if course). I'm kind of glad I didn't know, as I didn't spend all day at work worrying about it. And luckily I was organised and have already made her a little get well hamper. Hamper is a grand term - it's a plant pot full of nice smelling things and chocolate and grandchildren 'art', but hopefully it'll make her smile. I really hope this helps. My mum is usually super active and gas been struggling to even walk more than a mile in recent times.

Glad that she was able to get it done quickly & hoping she'll have a fast recovery.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

Glad surgery went well! Hope it heals quickly and helps her out!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

Ah, I think I would be the same as you, I think that’s why my parents go on a need-to-know basis.

Wishing her a fast and successful recovery!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I rarely take both children into shops (other than ones with trolleys) because they're both little kleptomaniacs and the aisles are too narrow in our little town to keep everything out of reach. But the boy really excelled himself this afternoon.

Going through the newsagents to the post office at the back and he goes to grab something but gets the little plastic strip that stops all the stock falling off the front (it's a slopey shelf). Over a yard's worth of chocolate fell on the floor!! Thankfully the shop staff were understanding and nothing was broken but I was mortified. Good thing the boy is cute!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I rarely take both children into shops (other than ones with trolleys) because they're both little kleptomaniacs and the aisles are too narrow in our little town to keep everything out of reach. But the boy really excelled himself this afternoon.

Going through the newsagents to the post office at the back and he goes to grab something but gets the little plastic strip that stops all the stock falling off the front (it's a slopey shelf). Over a yard's worth of chocolate fell on the floor!! Thankfully the shop staff were understanding and nothing was broken but I was mortified. Good thing the boy is cute!!

Confession' I laughed

Commiseration: we went to the market once and they had boxes of cereal stacked in a pyramid between the registers and the cereal aisle. Ian knocked the whole thing over. Mortified is a good word.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I remember my mom telling me that my sister or I had wanted to push the cart & knocked over a display of pickle jars. My mom said she had then had us run up to the front so they wouldn't know it was us. On the bottom of the cart was a pickle jar :D.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I let Olivia pick out her own Lunchables at the store and they were packed in so tight that when she pulled the front one off the shelf, about 6-10 of them ejected themselves out behind it. It was nuts!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I can laugh now, but sheesh that boy!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all of our mums!!!!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!!!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I was sick all weekend. My Mother's Day was blah. Hubby says I get a do-ever next week at my favorite steakhouse. :)

I got my gift from the kids yesterday, but deferred my lunch out until next weekend. Too crowded and I had a headache already.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I’m free from my coil! Huzzah! God I hope I don’t get cramps anymore, they were horrible!

YAY!
    Cramps-If you do still get them, talk to your doc. There are prescription nsaid's designed for menstrual cramps that work way better than IBuprofen. I was on one called Cataflam. It worked much more effectivley then other anti-inflammatories.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Yay, Lois!!! I hope it relieves your cramps.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I’m free from my coil! Huzzah! God I hope I don’t get cramps anymore, they were horrible!

YAY!
    Cramps-If you do still get them, talk to your doc. There are prescription nsaid's designed for menstrual cramps that work way better than IBuprofen. I was on one called Cataflam. It worked much more effectivley then other anti-inflammatories.

Will do, thanks for letting me know! I never got them before the coil, so I’m half expecting them to stop, I will be a bit disappointed if this is a permanent thing now.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    Rant-fession: (Rant + confession)
    2 months to go before summer vacation. And I'm having a hard time gathering my give-a-craps to try and slim down a bit more before hand. 4 months to go to train for a backpacking trip- and I'm feeling very "meh" about getting ready for it. Even though I know if I don't put in some stair master time I will have a very miserable backpacking trip. Ugh. Heck, I even have the added motivation of possibly getting off my birth control next year or so to lose that last 10 lbs. And yet- I can't be bothered with it. I've even been having some pretty strong cravings that basically wash out any deficit I create with food alone. I'm at a plateau, folks. I know what I need to do to bust it. And I will...tomorrow. :lol: This last month I've been trying to get ready for a huge garage sale I've got coming in two weeks. Last month was building scrap books for my cousin and friends babies, and getting ready for my friend's baby shower I hosted.... Maybe that's where all my motivational energy is going. But man I've gotta get it together.