7. Paint potting shed ceiling spot
    8. Stage planters in shed
    9. Pick up annuals
    10. Pick up coffwe
    11. Do mini manicure
    12. Bank on mon; Check to realtor, PayPal photographer
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! I have to hurry and get ready for the breakfast today, but I WILL stay within 2,000 calories today! It will be a challenge but I know I can do this..

Yesterday 5/18:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😁
    4. Do workout😁
    5. Do some laundry!!😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    7. Relax😁

JFT 5/19:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within 2,000 calories
    3. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    4. Relax
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    @aletaforeman and @ZizzyBumble Retirement is a gift of more freedom and not feeling the time pressure associated with getting to work on time, finishing projects, etc. Congratulations on your new freedom. After the first couple of years of retirement, I put on about 15 pounds or so. I didn't believe my eating was so different, what was different was my exercise regime. Every morning before work, I'd walk an hour then rush to work. After retirement, I'd be sitting (lots of sitting) reading the newspaper and drinking coffee and I felt I had all day to get that hour of exercise in. Problem was at the end of the day no exercise happened because there was no time pressure to get it in. I know the most important aspect of weight control/loss is what I eat but the extra calories burned a day with a walk make a difference.
    @faebert I really admire your hard work staying fit and staying in Maintenance. My experience is that Maintenance is hard and your are rocking it!
    @Snowflake1968 Have a wonderful day. All the activities you're doing surrounding the wedding sound like a blast. Enjoy.

Keeping to form, Saturday was my cheat day. A good friend brought over a salad to share for lunch and she included bread and desert! I couldn't help myself and had seconds of each. My appetite has returned so I'll need to make sure that any snacking I do throughout the day is nutrition packed. I'm 11 days post op and cut my narcotic pain meds by 80% and now relying on over the counter pain relief.

JFT 5/19/19
    Pre track to 1500 calories (1400 was too low)
    Make dinner in the AM when I have energy
    Get my PT exercises in X3 plus some walking in the house (pouring outside)
    Enjoy a visit from my sister and mom (her birthday today)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Sat
    1. Atleast two of weekend to dos ✔
    2. Log all food ✔
    3. Cook dinner at home ✔
    4. Eat packed lunch ✔
    5. Waters 👎
    6. Be kind ✔
    7. Empty fill dishwasher ✔

Weekend/ongoing Goals
    1. Remove tarp in driveway
    2. Clean out hyundai ✔
    3. Clean up dropped magnolia leaves ✔
    4. Laundry
    5. Declutter mudroom
    6. Declutter spare bedroom
    7. Paint potting shed ceiling spot
    8. Stage planters in shed
    9. Pick up annuals ✔
    10. Pick up coffee
    11. Do mini manicure
    12. Bank on mon; Check to realtor, PayPal photographer
    13. Store away spare bed linens

JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters
    3. Cook dinner at home - satay chicken
    4. Atleast two to dos; paint, and planters, tarp if it stops raining
    5. Load of laundry
    6. Empty dishwasher
    7. Mini meal plan
    8. Shower tonight
    9. Bed by 930
    10. Review this list tonight

JFt Monday
    1. Up by 555
    2. Bank, deposit and official check
    3. Smoothie
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @lafayettenana Thank you I am having to remind myself this is a new way of life not a holiday. There are too many excuses for treats that I must resist! I must get out and walk to offset the indulgences I am allowing myself!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Oops, no post this morning for Sunday 19 May!

I have logged and I am in the green but not had enough fruit and veg. I've met my other goals despite being fairly lazy. I hed a short walk between showers and it's now varying shades of grey when I look out to sea.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    I hope everyone has been having a nice weekend. Yesterday I went to a clothing sale with a girl from work. It was so fun. I don't really have any close girlfriends where I live, and it is something I have missed since I moved here over 25 years ago. The rest of yesterday turned into a bust. Didn't get much of aything done. Rested and iced my knees. Finished a series I've been watching on Netflix. Made a nice dinner with my husband. But I didn't sleep well because my brain just REFUSED to turn off. So today I'm trying to play catch up around the house. I've been procrastinating a lot lately and it's starting to cause me a little anxiety, so time to get at it.

My dad had an AV fistula procedure done to prepare for dialysis. He starts that in one month. He goes to Mayo on June 13th for 2nd opinion on the cancer. My stepdad and mom are actually doing well right now. Right now my stepdad's cancer is pretty asymptomatic so he is dealing with "just" the worsening post-polio syndrome. Otherwise, they are staying steady since we were there. Mom said they are still talking about what a great time they had while we were there. It makes me happy to hear that. Stepdaughter, C, seems a bit stabilized right now. She is currently house/apartment hunting. Hoping it goes well.

Maddie has been really cuddly today. She lets me know now when it's time for me to stop what I'm doing and go rock with her in the recliner. She probably weighs nearly 50 lbs now so it's not like she is a lap dog, but nobody's going to tell HER that! LOL!

This afternoon I've been watching Marie Kondo on Netflix, while cleaning and packaging cut-up veggies for the work week. It's funny because the episode I'm watching right now is about someone who hoards magazines, and she won't get rid of clothes or shoes she hopes to fit into again some day, etc. Totally ME! I'm really identifying with this episode so I'm eager to see how they help her! :wink:

Just for Sunday:
    • Journal every bite
    • Eat only while sitting down
    • Hydrate - water or tea
    • Household chores: bathtub/shower, sweep wood floors, laundry, bills
    • Clean out purse and laptop bag
    • 15 minutes decluttering magazines by my recliner
    • Prep for tomorrow, today (coffeemaker, lunch bag, outfit & shoes, laptop bag by door)
    • 30 minutes tonight in a bubble bath if I can get the jets cleaned out and working properly. We have a jetted tub and I never use it. It's kind of a waste, don't you think?
    • Unplug for Game of Thrones series finale (*sob*)
    • Evening routine: 5 things in gratitude journal for today / Joyce reading / Simple Abundance reading / podcast or Calm app / read until lights out.
    • Get up tomorrow with alarm the first time. NO SNOOZE BUTTON!

2019 Word of Year: TENACITY/TENACIOUS

~Peace~ :flowerforyou:

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Won't have time to post in the morning so posting goals quickly now!

Tomorrow's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green with deficit
    - 4+ bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - French vocab (new + practise)
    - French verbs (practise)
    - French podcast
    - Duolingo
    - Finish work by 7pm latest
    - Washing
    - Prepare French oral
    - Game of thrones!
    - Gratitude journal
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member

JFT 5/19
    30 minutes yoga :)
    30 minutes running :)
    Eat within calories :)
    Make dinner at home :)
    deep breathing x3 :|

Not too bad! So tired from travels still... looking forward to a fresh week!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,357 Member
    JFT Monday
    Log
    Stay in Green
    Light Weights, Soak
    Clear home desk
    Start clearing work office for summer
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Home from the shower and a great weekend. I didn’t post goals and I didn’t track my food yesterday or today, but I’ll get on it again tomorrow.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Monday 20 May

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan Callenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge

I'm not back to my maintenance range but heading in the right direction having made better choices last week. Another careful week and I should get to the top end of it.