JFT 5/20
    Drink extra water-fill my bottle twice 😁
    30 minutes yoga 😞
    30 minutes HIIT😁
    Stay within calories 😁
    5 veg servings 😁
    3 fruit servings 😁
    deep breathing meditation x 2 😁

It’s only 5:15 but I am so tired I would literally get in bed right now if I didn’t have to bring my daughter to taekwondo 🥋 😴.
    Did pretty well on goals today overall.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well it's not as bad as we feared but also not as good as we hoped.

Matt does not have cancer or liver disease. The doctor thinks it could be 1 of 3 things.

-His lactose intolerance got worse
    -Tumors in his pancreas(I forget what the medical term is)
    -A gluten intolerance

So now we have another round of testing and still nothing to make Matt be able to keep anything in. He is getting a breathing test done for the lactose(don't ask me, I have no idea). And then he needs to do a urine test and a blood test.

So some stress is off but there is still a lot of it left. I was really hoping for it to all get settled today. Or at least for him to get something to get better. But the doctor wants to treat the cause, not the symptoms. I should have asked if there was a way to do both, but honestly, I didn't even think of it.

I'm just done with this *kitten*. Like "stick a fork in me and call the family for dinner" done. And I can't help but eat my feelings. I just feel like I'm so stressed out all the time and it is not helping me lose weight or even have any kind of desire to do anything to make it better, ya know?

Plus money issues on top of it all. At this point, I don't know what to do.

Sorry for the rambling. Thanks for listening.

Sorry you are struggling and stressed on so many fronts. I hope you get some answers soon!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 20 May

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) just!
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :) beautiful day and I enjoyed it
    May challenge >:)

I'm not back to my maintenance range but heading in the right direction having made better choices last week. Another careful week and I should get to the top end of it.

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 sending you and Matt my best wishes.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    This morning as I was reading through the posts my husband said that there was a little boy about 2 or 3 years old walking on the street between the trailers and he didn’t see any adult around. I stood up and saw the little boy go into our neighbour’s yard.
    I went outside to help this little boy and found another one in our yard, probably 3 or 4.
    These boys both took my hands and we walked the whole trailer park trying to find where they belonged. They were only wearing pj’s and rubber boots. I asked anyone I met if they knew them, until I finally came up to a man who said that his wife had seen these two out on Saturday wandering around alone. I decided then that maybe the best thing I could do for these two was to call the police. So I did. I had been outside for over 40 minutes at this time and no one had come looking g for them. The police came and were going to take them to the station and call CPS.

Shortly after Rodger and I decided to go out, as we were driving out the RCMP officer told us that they found where they belonged and told us the address in case it happens again.

I hope these parents put a lock on their door so the kids don’t sneak out. I’ll worry about them now.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 - sorry the struggle still continues. At least they are narrowing things down,
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Monday JFT:

✔▪Pack lunches
    ✔▪5th grader graduation
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ❌▪Log Food / Stay under calorie limit
    ❌▪Devotional Time
    ✔✔▪Continue packing & cleaning
    ✔▪Lunch
    ❌▪Exercise (x1 DVD)
    ✔▪3rd grader Award Ceremony 2pm
    ✔▪Evening schedule

I woke up today thinking it was Sunday!! 🤣 So naturally I snoozed my alarm and woke up late!! Regardless, I managed to get everything taken care of in time; but it's now 10 am and I'm just starting MY day, Lol!!! Well I'm going to be packing and cleaning for the rest of the week (bc I'm juggling that in with the baby's schedule and end of year stuff for 3 school aged kiddos). Good news, we should be moved back home by this weekend!!!! 😂😂

Welcome to all the newbies!!! Please feel free to "jump" right in!! This group is wonderful at motivation, support and friendship!! Everyone stay strong and have a blessed Monday!! 💪😁

Not too successful today. 😔 This stinking birthcontrol rx has a ridiculous amount of hormones and makes me sick!! Called my OBGYN and she called in a new one for me. Hopefully my system can handle the new rx. Well our afternoon / evening has been full of excitment with tornadoes dropping all around us! 😅 We are all safe. I grew up in tornado alley so I know how to keep my family safe. Needless to say, my day was full of hot-flashes, nausea, packing / moving, award ceremonies and weather watching, Lol!!! I'm DONE. 😂 'till tomorrow....
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Logged accurately yesterday but did eat after dinner. I was so hungry I couldn’t sleep. It happens sometimes and I have a sugar free hot chocolate, Didn’t plan meals until now.

Today.

Log everything
    Walk dogs for 45 min +
    Plan meals
    Be in the green zone on MFP and Fitbit o:)
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB
    Thanks for the welcome. I think the daily accountability is a great idea. I lost 9kgs (20lbs) 3 years ago using MFP. Usual story, put most back on :s
    Support and encouragement is essential to be successful. So, here we go again. :#
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses. Proverbs 10:12.

Don’t let bitterness and hate rob you of joy. Tell those you love that you love them and let that be enough.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all! It’s a glorious start to the day in London and I’m about to head off to work. Feeling v virtuous having managed another 10 mile run this morning. Suspect I’ll be walking like a robot by about 2pm though! 🤖

Rushing to work now but quick shout out to @HEGoddard0928 to say hope things improve with Matt, @clicketykeys - how was the meeting with the head? @snowflake1968 - glad you were there for those boys - scary to think what could have happened. Hope @maryrobinson40 and @MLHC1 are feeling better. And hugs to @mytime6630, @Bex953172, @PackerFanInGB and everyone else. Thinking of you all x

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - book exercise classes for the week ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - buy milk on way to work ✅
    - reports work ❎
    - home lunchtime for car and shake✅
    - water sunflower plants before leaving✅
    - health food store and card shop after work ✅
    - laundry✅
    - buy gifts for kids bday parties ❎ not needed until next week 😅
    - buy new baby gifts ❎ need to check in with the new mama and see what she needs
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Tuesday goals:
    - morning run ✅ another 10 miles means I’ve run more than a marathon in 7 days!!
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - check school trip situation
    - reports work?
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - errands after work - get fuel for car
    - kids’ homework and hair wash
    - bed by 9:30

See you on here later x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green with deficit :/I was 4 over, which would be ok normally but I wanted a deficit to bank some calories for today (going out with my friend). Never mind, I'll just have to be restrained today!
    - 4+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Exercise DVD :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:I did whilst eating breakfast and lunch but dinner was eaten watching GoT and was deliberately not looking or focusing on the food!
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral: Didn't stop myself from eating the extra yoghurt. Not that bad though
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smiley:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - French vocab (new + practise) :neutral:New vocab yes, practise no...
    - French verbs (practise) :'(
    - French podcast :smile:
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Finish work by 7pm latest :smile:
    - Washing :smile:
    - Prepare French oral :smile:
    - Game of thrones! :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Talk to boyfriend in French :/He rang quite late and I was tired and couldn't be bothered. Need to do more of this though as am nervous about my exam
    - Lights off by 11 :/I was naughty and stayed up till 12.15 watching shows the boyfriend doesn't like....

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water
    - Max 3 G&T at pub, no wine

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - French vocab (new + practise)
    - French verbs (practise)
    - French podcast
    - Duolingo
    - Leave work by 6.30pm
    - Train home by 22.15 latest
    - Pack back for running
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 4 in red

Today's positive thought: I'm seeing a friend I always have fun with today.

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise mindful moderation today: By sticking to my plan when I go to the pub (up to 3 G&Ts, food up to 700 calories or more if I walk there). I will eat SLOWLY so I really get the benefit from the food.

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    JFT:
    - fix at least one thing in the h-app :)
    - pay insurance bill

JFT:
    - fix the bill
    - h-app - implement calendar view and smaller adjustments
    - g-app - go through cards and test what has been done
    - be happy with where I am at now, instead of being impatient (I am 8kg down compared to last summer)
  • Ladytron_
    Ladytron_ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the welcome!

I'm off to a good start :smile:

Yesterday's goals:
    1. Log everything I eat - DONE
    2. No eating after dinner - DONE
    3. No alcohol - DONE

Today's goals:
    1. Log everything I eat
    2. No eating after dinner
    3. No alcohol
    4. Stay under calorie goal

Evening snacking is my downfall, making this commitment yesterday really helped!

Have a great day everyone.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Tuesday 21 May

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. AM walk. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Coffee! Update JFT. Write thank-you note.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Dishes. Laundry.
    3. Class 1-2: Make-up work. Grade late work. Students who are finished return work. Collect exemption forms. Presentations. Text B.
    4. Planning: A - Discussion post 1. B - Late work. C - Review R&J exam; edit as needed. D - Late work. Set up persuasive essay for 1-2.
    5. Class 4: R&J Act 5; discuss Letters to Juliet.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Stretch. Read 10 pages of Shortest. Draft presentation. Pack lunch. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Walk to 10k? Blog post? Call B.
    8. Gratitude journal. Respond to twitter. Write Lang8? Create list of items to be hauled. Beef stew?
    9. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Pack towel and gear. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: I am stronger than those who oppose me.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

JFT:
    Yoga 30 minutes
    30 minutes of whatever cardio I'm feeling
    Stay within calories
    5 minute meditation before yoga
    drink water-fill bottle twice

Need to get moving-time to get the kiddo's up! Keeping it simple today as usual. :)