New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    5elvnjrqavcv.png
    gvetxuyax5qm.png

I've been looking for the Chocolate Donut, but still haven't found it yet.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    faapgzk28yod.jpg
    I'm not usually a store brand ice cream fan, but Whole Foods' new flavors sounded unique enough that I picked up the coffee and doughnuts flavor and the toasted coconut and black sesame flavor.

I liked the coffee base in the coffee and doughnuts flavor. It reminded me a bit of Haagen-Dazs' coffee ice cream, but not as dense. The doughnuts were more like soft cake pieces though.
    wag5kya8f4bz.jpg

Toasted coconut and black sesame was good, but it was disappointing to me because it tasted mostly like coconut. I love black sesame and I couldn't taste it at all in this flavor.
    y2a1xur6lvfv.jpg
  • tri_racing
    tri_racing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Found a decent protein bar that is Keto friendly: Power Crunch. Sweetened with Stevia extract and Sucralose. Bought them at Walmart in the pharmacy section, next to the other protein bars. 13g Fat, 13g Protein, 9g Carbs....205 Cals. Priced right at $8.00 for 5 bars.

Most "protein" bars come with massive carbs, some ranging over 60g/bar. Protein bars are especially handy if you're on the go and don't have time to prep a meal. These are a great find since they fit with my athletic lifestyle and dietary requirements.

Power Crunch flavors I've tried so far are Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel. They are very tasty!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Congrats @Mexicangreensalsa !

Free pre workout sample use code freesample at checkout no card required they have cotton candy flavor 😊 https://blackstonelabs.com/collections/samples
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    This coffee spread looks interesting.. 3e1rdv8dx0eb.jpeg
    eanzmfmnfvb1.jpeg
    fe2k9ue7s99j.jpeg
    womwjivi5au2.jpeg
    26hzjww7v6w6.jpeg
    I tried these snacks. The apple was like a granny smith flavor. It was slightly sour which I wasn’t expecting. The pizza was my favorite. Only 60 calories per pack. They were very light and crispy.

The cereal was terrible! Very bitter and not sweet at all. I took a bite and changed to have a better snack lol.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    tri_racing wrote: »
    Found a decent protein bar that is Keto friendly: Power Crunch. Sweetened with Stevia extract and Sucralose. Bought them at Walmart in the pharmacy section, next to the other protein bars. 13g Fat, 13g Protein, 9g Carbs....205 Cals. Priced right at $8.00 for 5 bars.

Most "protein" bars come with massive carbs, some ranging over 60g/bar. Protein bars are especially handy if you're on the go and don't have time to prep a meal. These are a great find since they fit with my athletic lifestyle and dietary requirements.

Power Crunch flavors I've tried so far are Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel. They are very tasty!

I like more protein for my calories in a protein bar but I just can't quit (not that I've tried) Power Crunch bars. I'm big on the vanilla creme.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Every now and then, gummy fish are just the thing!

aq05pfzz6zwn.jpg

2k5jqubkye0u.jpg

Literally no idea how they came up with the calorie count for this.
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @Pancakerunner Scratching my head as well! And the fiber content ... whoa! I bought a bag out of curiosity and they were tasty.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to report back about the Artic Zero Toffee Crunch the other night. Anyway, it didn't disappoint! I loved the toffee pieces!
    Also, for those of you who use the Ibotta app and like Enlightened, they're giving $3.00 back per pint or box of bars (up to 5) at Walmart!! I just got 2 chocolate peanut butter and 1 brownies and cookie dough for .97 each..after the offer! :o

What!?!
    1.) Walmart sells Enlightened now, too!?!
    1.) My Ibotta app doesn’t have that!!! It has a $1.50 off Halo Top offer, but that’s it! I haven’t had an Enlightened coupon in months! I wonder if I’ve used the max amount allowed? Haha
    Congrats @Mexicangreensalsa !

Free pre workout sample use code freesample at checkout no card required they have cotton candy flavor 😊 https://blackstonelabs.com/collections/samples

I’ve never taken a preworkout before but I’m a sucker for all things cotton candy... how intense are preworkouts?? Is it like having caffeine or something completely different??
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    rcbnqhnd28h2.jpg
    Omgg!! Thesw are amazing!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    @vnb_208 Would you happen to have a picture of the nutrition label? For some reason I'm having a tough time finding one online!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    @Pancakerunner Scratching my head as well! And the fiber content ... whoa! I bought a bag out of curiosity and they were tasty.

35 gram carbs - 28 g fiber = 7g net carbs (x4) = 28 calories... so where does 80 come from? haa
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options

35 gram carbs - 28 g fiber = 7g net carbs (x4) = 28 calories... so where does 80 come from? haa

It looks like they took the average and rounded down. It's something I personally do when I don't quite believe in the net carb calorie count on a product, but I didn't expect to see the same method done by an actual company. 35 g of carbs * 4 = 140 calories. (140 calories + 28 calories)/2= 84 calories.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    gpkvtngoi7zl.jpg
    Finally!!

Where'd you find it??
  • pancakerunner
    Options

aq05pfzz6zwn.jpg

2k5jqubkye0u.jpg

Yeah, WTF really, the ingredient list & macros don't make sense either (coconut oil but must be <0.4g/bag hence no labeling of fat content). Even using 2.3 kcal/g fiber (sometimes used as estimate for fiber) + 28kcal from carbs comes to around 92kcals total (not 80kcals)

"Smart" sweets creator not smart enough to do proper labeling or use math/show his/her work properly

https://smartsweets.com/pages/our-story
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

aq05pfzz6zwn.jpg

2k5jqubkye0u.jpg

Yeah, WTF really, the ingredient list & macros don't make sense either (coconut oil but must be <0.4g/bag hence no labeling of fat content). Even using 2.3 kcal/g fiber (sometimes used as estimate for fiber) + 28kcal from carbs comes to around 92kcals total (not 80kcals)

"Smart" sweets creator not smart enough to do proper labeling or use math/show his/her work properly

https://smartsweets.com/pages/our-story

FAQs section fails to acknowledge any info on how no one can figure out kcal content of products based on labeling. My god...overboard on emojis, hashtags, bright colors, etc.....just screams millennial. Throw in some internet glitter next (><).

Products use chickory root extract (pre-biotic)....warning for those not familiar with this...a seemingly small amount (max 10g/day recommended consumption roughly) can feel like swallowing a grenade (massive gas pain/pressures). These products have around 28g fiber content!