New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    @vnb_208 Would you happen to have a picture of the nutrition label? For some reason I'm having a tough time finding one online!

28g is 110 calories i believe ill take a picture in a hour or so
  • vnb_208
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    gpkvtngoi7zl.jpg
    Finally!!

Where'd you find it??

Price chopper! It was by the frozen edward pies
  • vnb_208
    Options
    Every now and then, gummy fish are just the thing!

aq05pfzz6zwn.jpg

2k5jqubkye0u.jpg

Literally no idea how they came up with the calorie count for this.

Yeah, WTF really, the ingredient list & macros don't make sense either (coconut oil but must be <0.4g/bag hence no labeling of fat content). Even using 2.3 kcal/g fiber (sometimes used as estimate for fiber) + 28kcal from carbs comes to around 92kcals total (not 80kcals)

"Smart" sweets creator not smart enough to do proper labeling or use math/show his/her work properly

https://smartsweets.com/pages/our-story

FAQs section fails to acknowledge any info on how no one can figure out kcal content of products based on labeling. My god...overboard on emojis, hashtags, bright colors, etc.....just screams millennial. Throw in some internet glitter next (><).

Products use chickory root extract (pre-biotic)....warning for those not familiar with this...a seemingly small amount (max 10g/day recommended consumption roughly) can feel like swallowing a grenade (massive gas pain/pressures). These products have around 28g fiber content!

I cant eat them because of how gassy i get
  • vnb_208
    Options
    dtf1nije4uhx.jpg

28g = 110 calories& 8 servings per pack.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Free food coupon today only. If you have door dash use code PICKMEUPTIME for 7 off so you can get something for cheap or free. Only for pick up orders.

If you make a new account you get additional 10 off too so can get 17 worth free if you use referral link to sign up https://drd.sh/UDSicW/

I had account so couldn’t get 17 but used mine and signed up boyfriend to get 7 and 17 for him for cheap dinner and ice cream pickup. Picked toasted marshmallow s’mores cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory because I’ve never tried so I’ll report how it was!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    dtf1nije4uhx.jpg

They should re label this as one serving per pack because that is what it will be for me lol. 2 tbsp is so funny.
  • neillc57
    neillc57 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Literally no idea how they came up with the calorie count for this.

I thought the rules specifically allow ingredients to have lower calorie values if that's been shown via measurements. So for example Erythritol can be labeled as being low because it's excreted for the most part.
    When I lookup tapioca starch fiber separately it looks like it has 10kcal / 5g. So here:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/tapioca-starch-fiber-797525647

That list 4g fiber and 1g carb. 35g/5 = 7 so that's the 7g carbs. So that gets me to 70kcal right? 3g sugar is another 12 kcal for 83 kcal. So that seems ballpark unless I have messed up here.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to report back about the Artic Zero Toffee Crunch the other night. Anyway, it didn't disappoint! I loved the toffee pieces!
    Also, for those of you who use the Ibotta app and like Enlightened, they're giving $3.00 back per pint or box of bars (up to 5) at Walmart!! I just got 2 chocolate peanut butter and 1 brownies and cookie dough for .97 each..after the offer! :o

I hope to find the Toffee Crunch pint!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Interesting discussion on the Smart Sweets. Have been eating those for a few months now. I really love htem. I open a package and log it but then eat 1-2 here and there over a week (never eat the entire bag in one sitting). But will stop once i finish this open bag and see if i feel different (having some issues in the last 4-6 weeks of putting ON weight (not just a day here and there, it's fully trending up and now at 2lb/more on trend).

Obviously i know these won't account for much of that but curious none the less. I have also doubled down on portions (carefully weighting things, no "little bit more" and rechecking my logging. but weight still going up.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    dtf1nije4uhx.jpg

They should re label this as one serving per pack because that is what it will be for me lol. 2 tbsp is so funny.

& that is exactly why I left the pouch at my moms house otherwise I would have eaten the entire package last night
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    ya85glbu0y9d.png
    bcmv1962p2iy.png
    d4aa5y52lfdz.png
    t97hok5cn2ju.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Interesting discussion on the Smart Sweets. Have been eating those for a few months now. I really love htem. I open a package and log it but then eat 1-2 here and there over a week (never eat the entire bag in one sitting). But will stop once i finish this open bag and see if i feel different (having some issues in the last 4-6 weeks of putting ON weight (not just a day here and there, it's fully trending up and now at 2lb/more on trend).

Obviously i know these won't account for much of that but curious none the less. I have also doubled down on portions (carefully weighting things, no "little bit more" and rechecking my logging. but weight still going up.

I’ll confess, I’ve eaten up to 4 different bags of Smart Sweets in one sitting one time when PMS cravings were at an all time high o: surprisingly the fiber content didn’t bother me at all, but with normal weight fluctuations around that time I’m not sure if there was any correlation or not, but I’d certainly be interested in finding out if they’ve remained truthful or not with their labeling. I’ve absolutely noticed other “low calorie” things make me put on weight (those Simply Scrumptous brownies, cupcakes, and coffee cakes, even though I LOVE them). I wish there were more rigorous testing for these kinds of things! I recall reading an article several years ago of the results following an evaluation of different food chains dishes’ actual caloric content versus what they were advertised to be and some places, Olive Garden being one of them, being quite dishonest! I wish someone would go and do that again with all these “diet” products! If they turned it into a tv series I’d totally watch it haha

Oh man, restaurants are NOTORIOUS for false calorie claims. The worst are Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, Cheesecake Factory, Chili's and TGIF. Given that they don't mesaure and weigh every order, it's hard to even put an estimate on meals because even an extra few grams of X or X could mean 200+ extra calories... like if one slice of cheesecake is just a little bigger, etc.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    b8xl41q8k5kl.jpg
  • vnb_208
    Options
    7sb0575i3f03.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Here we go with the coffee again! I NEVER drink starbucks coffee, ever. I just don't like it, it tastes either burnt or too "light", not enough flavor for me. Plus, I tend to avoid stuff everyone goes gaga over. If everyone's doing it--I'm heading in the opposite direction. Anyhoo, I saw this at Marshalls and the packaging looks so cute, I bought it. Tried it this evening and it's fabulous! Tastes super good. Smooth, mellow and lots of flavor, but NO burnt taste at all.

AWOR08177818_FY19_SpringScale_CAH_Cards_800_x_800_0003_SunriseK-Cup_Box.jpg

I'll definitely be buying more for sure!

I'm almost out of K cups and am looking to try something new. I'll have to find out where the nearest Marshall's is!
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    7sb0575i3f03.jpg

Omg I want these so bad!!