JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been away for a while, the wheels fell off my truck as it were and I gave up on my healthy lifestyle in favour of crazy overwork. So , deep breath, slow down, recover!, regroup!
    Friday goals:
    15 min elliptical
    Stick with plan
    Paperwork ( done!)
    Some me time doing my painting

Happy Friday to all x! Wishing you well!

Welcome back!!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 Can you squeeze me hard enough to squeeze all the fat out lol!

Squeeze me til im a supermodel!! :lol:

Love this LOL!!! Mary, I want that squeeze to!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I totally agree with @ginnytez. I believe also that life works out as it should. I have not always understood at the time why something is happening, but usually when I look back, I think to myself "It's a good thing that I didn't <fill in blank> because then I wouldn't have gotten to <fill in blank>. You'll get the perfect job for you after the wedding settles down. Have a GREAT weekend! Can't wait to hear about it.

@MaryRobinson40 Look at you! You look fabulous in your pink dress! (I happen to think you are beautiful in your "before" pic also...)

@bookmeister86 Have a wonderful 3-day weekend! I'm really counting down the hours at work today waiting to start mine.

@whit4842 Do you live in the band (in the US) that is getting all the tornado activity this week? There have been some really nasty weather this past week! My mom has luckily not had tornadoes near them, but they've been in the surrounding counties. Don't beat yourself up over having pizza when you electricity is out! Heck, I have pizza when my electricity is ON! LOL~ Gotta live once in a while, right? :)

@aubyshortcake CONGRATULATIONS on the accepted offer!!! I'm so excited for you!

@NotWhoIUsedToBe What a great attitude you have! Welcome! I deal with anxiety also, as well as a few others on this thread, and it certainly can be a struggle. I hope you have a beautiful brand new day!

@purwonder Beautiful words to the Lord. So true. We are truly blessed every day we have on this earth. Have a great day!

@Faebert Sorry to hear about the swollen knees! Do you think you need to be seen by a doctor? Could you have a meniscus tear? <3 Also, I am totally on board with June being the "Good, Bad & Ugly" journaling challenge. I have chosen that to be my challenge for the month in another group I belong to where we pick monthly goals. I think this one single thing can be the make it or break it for me losing weight, personally.

@tristamtrent Welcome back! It's so good to see you. I'm glad you are going to slow down and take care of yourself. I've been on that crazy rollercoaster of overwork and it sucks the life out of a person! xoxo

@AJB1014 "2. DRINK SOME FRIGGIN WATER :/ Oh my lanta wtf" Made me almost spit my coffee out at work when I read this! hahaha! That's the thought that goes through my head every day! :mrgreen: In regard to your seasons turning from comfort and joy to turmoil and stress, I'm so sorry to hear about this! Talk about a double whammy...all those things you mention are stressful. I'm sending you cyber hugs. I hope you can feel them! :heart:

@cschmitz110515 How frustrating! The same type of thing happened in my last job before I finally just left. The new manager had no repect for the fact I'd been there 25 years and pretty much knew what there was to know about that job. She came in like hell on wheels telling everyone to do things differently and if they didn't like it they could find a different job. Well, I did find a different job. And after losing 12 people on a 15 person team, leadership finally opened their eyes and let her go. I'm glad I am where I am, so she did do me a favor in a roundabout way, but it sure was frustrating! TGIF! Have fun at the Farmer's Market bright and early tomorrow! :smile:

P.S. If I had a way to get medical insurance, I'd retire TODAY! LOL

@mytime6630 I agree with you about trying to log on everyday. I found for myself that if I read all the posts before writing my JFT goals, I didn't have time to make goals. But I felt guilty coming on and writing my goals without reading. I think we are too hard on ourselves! It doesn't have to be all or nothing. I'm going to start writing my goals first and then going back and reading later if I have time. If I start feeling like I'm failing, I'll stop entirely and that would be terrible because I would miss my JFT family! LOL!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Hey all! I woke up today feeling better than I have in a few weeks. My headache has calmed a bit and is not overwhelming anymore so that's pretty awesome. I'm very hopeful that this weekend will be better than last weekend (which wouldn't take much if I'm being honest...)

My husband won't be home tonight when I get there, as he will be helping his son pour 2 cement slabs. We're hoping it doesn't start raining before they get it done. We have some storms coming in around 4 pm he said. I'm looking forward to going home to an empty house today. It's far and few between that I have the house to myself these days, and as much as I love my family, I really do crave alone time. I'm also the only one on my team who is working today, so it is quiet here also which is nice. I used to be such an extrovert...I scored way high on the personality scales as being extroverted. I think as I've gotten older that I'm more on the introverted side. I used to be excited to go out on Friday nights. Now I'm hoping the house will be empty for a bit when I get there so I can have some peace and quiet. It's official...I'm old and boring. :mrgreen:

Just For Today | Friday | 5/31/2019
    • Journal every bite--the good, the bad & the ugly
    • HYDRATE
    • 30 minutes of activity--walk, Body Groove, Wii game or DVD of some kind 10 min so far walking in conference room
    • 5 svgs freggies: 4 so far (blueberries, banana, grapefruit and cucumber)
    • Be mindful, eat slowly, put down my fork between bites, swallow before taking another bite.
    • Be kind to others and to myself. Walk away from negativity. Only positive self-talk.
    • Listen to Calm app for 10 minute meditation
    • Listen to Half Size Me, Joyce Meyer and Optimal Health Daily podcasts today
    • Spend 15 minutes outside--water plants and flowers, weed flower beds, get bicycle out of spare garage
    • Lymphatic massage on right arm
    • Unplug by 8:00 p.m.
    • Prep coffeemaker for morning
    • Gratitude Journal: 5 things I'm grateful for today
    • Readings: Joyce or Dodie | Simple Abundance
    • Bed by 10:30. Goal is to make it to Farmer's Market tomorrow

Word for 2019: Tenacity / Tenacious

How will I practice Tenacity today? Today I will be tenacious in pursing my goals by being mindful of my food selections and not allowing myself to skip the 30 minutes of activity. JUST DO IT!

Love to all! :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited May 2019
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    LOVE THIS IDEA FOR THE JUNE CHALLENGE!!!! Thank you for the suggestion!!!

So maybe we say other than the odd pre-planned day off for a special event, we all commit to log the good, bad and ugly every day for June

As a recap of all the challenges so far:
    January challenge: 8+ cups of water a day
    February challenge: get outside for a minimum of 15 minutes ... walking, anything, but enjoying the fresh air
    March challenge: ??? HELP???? Can anyone remember????
    April challenge: Do 5 "somethings" each time you use the restroom, or sitting to watch tv. Like 5 situps, 5 burpees, etc.
    May challenge: Write down 1 positive thought each day

June challenge: Commit to logging food everyday for june ... the good and the bad. No matter what!

I have a document where I keep track of my stats and stuff, and this is what I wrote down for the year so far. :smile:

2019 Challenges

January --- Red Cup challenge. HYDRATE

Feb: Nighttime snacking ... limit snack to just one, and then stop

March: Get outside for 15 minutes and take in fresh air.

April: 5 Somethings during each break

May: Write one positive thought each day

June: Journal every bite - Good, Bad & Ugly
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Stats...

SW on 1/1/18: 175.4 lb
    1/8/2018: 174.6
    1/15/2018: 175.8
    1/22/2018: 177.2
    1/29/2018: 176.6
    2/5/2018: 178
    2/12/2018: 176.8
    2/19/2018: 176.2
    2/26/2018: 176.4
    3/5/2018: 174.0
    4/16/2018: 177.8
    4/30/2018: 179.4
    5/7/2018: 176.6
    5/14/2018: 174.6
    5/29/2018: 176.6 (Memorial Day 4-day weekend in Indiana at mom's. Ate out for every meal and got no exercise at all)
    6/4/2018: 176.6 (I am satisfied with this since it could have been much worse with grandson's graduation/18th birthday party, PLUS my husband's birthday and his DQ Ice Cream cake down in our freezer)
    =============2018 Half-way Mark=================
    7/4/2018 180 lb I have not been drinking water. I have been eating a lot of salt. I have been having issues and going to PT for lower back and hip pain. Not excuses, but this is what I think happened with this weight gain.
    7/16/2018 178.8 lb
    9/3/2018 179.3 lb
    10/1/2018 180.6 lb (disappointed I'm in 180's again, but happy I'm down from the 184 lbs I weighed about a week ago.) Boy, I really need to get better about keeping these stats current!
    10/8/2018 181 lb (weight not going down, but I started daily walks and starting to FEEL better so that is a step in right direction)
    10/12/18 179.8
    10/22/18 180.8
    11/5/18 183 -- Have been emotional eating and just not caring. Been depressed. Need to pull out of this. No excuses!
    11/12/18 183.6
    11/17/18 186 lbs Took this weight on Saturday for some reason and was totally flabbergasted! Highest weight of my lifetime! Really need to pay attention to nibbles and water intake
    11/19/18 182.6 MUCH BETTER. Been paying attention to water intake (8 oz blue cup by sink). Mindful choices. Following Beck's Diet Solution closely.
    12/3/18 183.8 lbs
    12/10/18: 182.2 lbs

2019 Very disappointed that I went the opposite direction but I am feeling very optimistic that this will be the year I get more active and take some weight off! Theme this year is TENACITY!

1/1/2019 184
    1/11/2019 183
    1/18/2019 183.8
    1/25/2019 185
    2/08/2019 188.6
    2/10/2019 189.9 HW ever.
    2/25/2019 186.2
    3/08/2019 184.6
    3/15/2019 182.8
    3/22/2019 180.8
    3/29/2019 180.2
    4/01/2019 180.2 Have been faithfully logging food all of March and making mindful choices. 😄
    4/15/2019 184 😞 Mindless emotional eating strikes again.
    5/27/2019 184.6 😞 I guess I should be happy it's only 0.6 lb over 6-week period of time.

NSV Goals are to:
    • Be able to wear my wedding ring
    • Be able to wear more fitted blouses
    • Be able to tuck shirts in comfortably
    • Have waist of pants be loose enough to be comfortable
    • Be able to walk with friends and not be out of breath
    • Activity of some sort 5 of 7 days per week
    • Lose chicken wing flab on my arms and look decent in sleeveless shirts
    • Get off some of my medications and improve lab results
    • Less joint pain due to less inflammation
    • Be able to jog, even if it is slowly

Scale Mini Goals:
    Mini goal <180
    Mini goal <175
    Mini goal: <170
    Mini goal: <165
    Mini goal: <160
    Mini goal: <155
    Mini goal: <150
    Mini goal: <145
    Ultimate goal: 140 lbs

Height: 5'4 1/2"
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Awwwww Thank you everyone!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Friday JFT:

▪Pack work lunches
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ▪Log Food / Stay under calorie limit
    ▪Devotional Time
    ▪Laundry / cleaning
    ▪Organize garage & prepare for move
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Exercise (x1 DVD)
    ▪Dinner
    ▪Evening schedule

• mytime6630
    Options
    Thanks @PackerFan001 for remembering all of these!

2019 Challenges

June: Journal every bite - Good, Bad & Ugly (And my personal challenge -- who wants to join me in this challenge also @Bex???? --- is to get on here EVERY day... even if it is just to post ONE goal .. like water, or 2 veggies, etc. Sometimes the amount of posts can get overwhelming... so no need to always respond. Just come on and say how you are doing.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    It took more time for me to do, but I logged all my food on here, as well as the weight watcher site. Its a good thing for me to do I think , as I can see how many calories I am actually eating. This week I am making the commitment to be as accurate as I can. When I did this, I was losing sometimes 3# a week ... I need to get back to that.
    With WW, you can eat, without even tracking, any chicken breast, all fruits, all veggies, kidney beans, and hard boiled eggs. Their thinking is that if you eat these things, and keep yourself from getting hungry, you won't give into cookies, ice cream ets (which is what I did last week). I am tracking them though, because they are still calories.
    So I have 2 more months of WW (they gave me a free month when I cancelled), but I love all you guys, so will work hard at my challenge to get on here everyday. Hoping that way I won't get SO far behind on all the posts!

So today, even though I forgot to set my goals, I
    1. logged all my food :)
    2. drank 5 c water so far ... I can easily do 3 more:)
    3. got on here ... june challenge:)
    4. went to the gym:)
    5. mowed the grass:)
    6. helped hubby build 4 products to ship next week :)
    7. And planning on going out for a walk yet tonite:)

SO goals tomorrow
    1. go to the gym
    2. concentrate on water
    3. eat a light lunch, since going to a wedding
    4. mindful eating at wedding reception ... drink only 1 glass of wine
    5. get on here .. be accountable
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Hey all! I woke up today feeling better than I have in a few weeks. My headache has calmed a bit and is not overwhelming anymore so that's pretty awesome. I'm very hopeful that this weekend will be better than last weekend (which wouldn't take much if I'm being honest...)

My husband won't be home tonight when I get there, as he will be helping his son pour 2 cement slabs. We're hoping it doesn't start raining before they get it done. We have some storms coming in around 4 pm he said. I'm looking forward to going home to an empty house today. It's far and few between that I have the house to myself these days, and as much as I love my family, I really do crave alone time. I'm also the only one on my team who is working today, so it is quiet here also which is nice. I used to be such an extrovert...I scored way high on the personality scales as being extroverted. I think as I've gotten older that I'm more on the introverted side. I used to be excited to go out on Friday nights. Now I'm hoping the house will be empty for a bit when I get there so I can have some peace and quiet. It's official...I'm old and boring. :mrgreen:

Love to all! :heart:

I am SO glad you are feeling better! With all that you have been through, you should be very proud of yourself! To only gain .6 in 6 weeks is awesome job at maintaining!
    I am like you ... I love the quiet time alone. As much as I love hubby, we are together 24/7. There is nothing nicer than having the peace and quiet to do whatever you want! I hope you enjoy your evening!
    Tomorrow nite we have a wedding, but I am hoping to get home early enough to watch the Stanley Cup games! This is the first time in 50 years that the STL Blues are in it! Its pretty exciting!
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    How hard is it to stay on track when you aren’t in your own home? Usually a day at home with a walk I would do well over 10,000 steps with housework and exercise. I hardly get in 7,000 here.

1. Get in over 10,000 steps
    2. Only eat when genuinely hungry
    3. Do some housework to keep busy
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    Friday, May 31, 2019
    Log Accurately :) I somewhat guessed on pizza for dinner, but I think I am close (but gave it my best try)
    30 minutes intentional walking :)
    Enjoy shopping with SIL :)

Shopping today was fun. Bought a couple of more things than I should have, Got three new pair of pants for work (11 pounds or so can make clothes too lose). Replaced with a size 6 (it's the stretchy material). Went down a size in the Columbia shorts I like (now wear the 10-difference in manufacturers), a couple of cute Loft blouses (a small), and some good things on clearance at Bass Outlet (those were mediums). Moral of the shopping is--different brands fit different, but in each of them, I am down a size! Don't let the label drive you crazy! SIL is very funny. Luckily, her English is pretty good, and I just google translations on some things.

Saturday, June 1, 2019
    Log Accurately
    1 hour walk
    Stretches/weights
    Grocery
    Laundry
    Meal Prep
    Clean House

Looking forward to continuing progress in June. Tired and off to bed,

Ginny in Ohio
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 1 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    June challenge

Good morning everyone. It's my plan to keep adding to the monthly challenges with the hope of building new habits - some are easier than others!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Thanks @PackerFan001 for remembering all of these!

2019 Challenges

June: Journal every bite - Good, Bad & Ugly (And my personal challenge -- who wants to join me in this challenge also @Bex???? --- is to get on here EVERY day... even if it is just to post ONE goal .. like water, or 2 veggies, etc. Sometimes the amount of posts can get overwhelming... so no need to always respond. Just come on and say how you are doing.

Ill give it a go! Might help me get on track!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Had a decent day, though could have been better. Was supposed to revise French all day but had an attack of the blues in the morning - I sometimes get this when I am at home by myself - and didn't do as much as I planned. However, I did lots in the afternoon and the evening so all was not lost! I am feeling more motivated and happy today so am going to crack on shortly.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral:
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - Go to gym :smile:

- No eating whilst standing >:)
    - Savour every bite :|
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:
    - Give myself credit! :neutral:
    - Stay positive :/

- French vocab (new + practise) :smile:
    - French verbs (practise) :smile:
    - French podcast :smile:
    - French reading :smile:
    - Talk to boyfriend in French :smile:
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - French revision (lots) :neutral:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green with 300+ deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - Go for run

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- French revision
    - Meditate
    - French vocab (new + practise)
    - French verbs (practise)
    - French podcast
    - French reading
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Duolingo
    - Gratitude journal
    - Make sure boyfriend cleans and tidies the flat*

* normally we would do this together - I'm not a complete parasite - but on this occasion he is doing it as we're cleaning because of a visit by HIS parents, I'm busy revising for an exam in HIS language, and it's mainly HIS mess. Lol.

Weekly calorie balance: 340 in red (not counting Mon)

I am up for the June challenge of logging every day. I also end up giving up a little bit when I've gone off track so it will be good for me. I'm also going to have a personal challenge which is to meditate every day. I think meditation is really good for me but I struggle to fit it in. I don't treat it as a priority. If I do it every day for 30 days maybe it'll become a habit. (And if it doesn't, I might cancel my annual subscription which is up for renewal in July!?)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Okay so didnt realise it was June today LOL!

SO my one and only goal is to drink 5 cups of water.
    Its 12:16 and ive had.. 1.

Got a headache today and feeling low (probs because of the headsche)
    Casey is currently napping.

Just wish everyone would stop sitting on me today..
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I went off plan last night. Too much wine, pizza, and jalepeno poppers. I have just been completely slammed lately and more than a little overwhelmed. Yesterday I just could not anymore and the end result was overindulgence. I forgive myself and am moving forward. Today is a new day and I don't like the feeling I have today (a bit hungover and so tired). And I didn't set any goals for myself for the first day in quite awhile.

JFT 6/1
    Set realistic goal weight for end of June
    30 minutes of exercise-whatever I feel like doing
    Make Healthy choices today
    Meditate 5 minutes
    Drink water today-at least 24 ounces

Hope everyone has a peaceful and productive Saturday.