JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Not a great day for me yesterday. Still pretty sore and I lost my grandmother’s wedding ring when I took it off making cookies with the little one. Have torn the place apart but I can’t find it. On a positive note I did loads of work clearing out and organising the kids’ closets so the day wasn’t a complete bust.

Today I am finishing cleaning and organising then going to head to the bf and hopefully enjoy the sunshine. V motivated to stick to the June challenge as I definitely don’t have any wriggle room while I’m unable to exercise.

Friday goals recap:
    - rest day (again! Sigh...) ✅
    - Pick up parcel at Post Office ✅
    - Drop P to play date ✅
    - Clearout kids’ clothes and tidy wardrobes/chest of drawers ✅
    - Clearout my clothes and storage ✅
    - Quality time with L (she’s chosen cookie baking - temptation central) ✅ but oh the cookies 😩
    - Pick up P at 3:30✅
    - Take clothes to recycle centre if time allows❎
    - Tanning?❎
    - Bed by 10❎

Saturday goals:
    - finish clearout ✅
    - Pack car for stuff to recycling ✅
    - Check bins again and behind fridge and radiator for ring ✅ but no luck 😢
    -laundry ✅
    - kids ready to go their dad done
    - Wrap present for L bday party ✅
    - Cleaning
    - Head to bf
    - Log all food - high estimate where weighing impossible
    - Stay hydrated

Happy weekend everyone x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. >5k steps by 2 PM; >10k steps by 7 PM
    2. No extra snacks beyond what's packed! NO!
    3. Read articles & take notes.
    4. Call Z, parents, and/or B during breaks.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: First day working at the amusement park this season! :D Just checked the schedule, and they're only open until 10-8, not 10-10, so I don't start off with a 12-hr day. WHEW!
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 your French tasks are really inspiring. I am kind of learning French on my own, just for fun, and every time when I see your JFTs filled with French I think - ah, if she does this much, I can give it at least few mins in a day :) So, if I ever reach any noticeable level in French - it's thanks to you!

Regarding feeling overwhelmed sometimes, I think its quite normal, since your tempo is really bad a**. I've read some people even reported that with a pause in learning they advanced in the target language...like neurons links somehow optimize in the rest period. I am not sure if it's a truth or an urban myth, but sounds good :D

@Bex953172 When my sister and I feel annoyed or overwhelmed by our families we "plan" a one way trip to Australia. We would stay there, enjoy beaches and waves and we wouldn't tell anyone where we are. Of course, it's an imaginary journey, but sometimes it helps anyway :) You are free to come with us! ;)
  • dianeauman9614
    dianeauman9614 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JFT I will log all my food that I consume, including beverages.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Did good during the day yesterday, then the evening/night I just exploded...

JFT Saturday

- Log everything
    - Sleep in 👍
    - Hair appt 👍
    - Reasonable lunch 👍
    - Return tables to church
    - Bake practice wedding cake. Haven’t done one in a while but this is small & simple.
    - Laundry
    - Decent dinner
    - 0 or 1 drink
    - Bed by 11:00

Why is it so hard to get back into the swing of things? I mean seriously, I feel so much better physically & emotionally when I’m on plan. Why in the world would I not go back there. I know how to do it, but I just don’t do it. Sigh...

Wish me luck on the cake!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    >
    Saturday 1 June

Log accurately >:) going to sleep now so will catch up tomorrow so that's a black mark for June's challenge!
    Stay in the green >:) not likely as we went out for lunch
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge >:) don't think so
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge >:) nice walk to the pub - end result is I'm unlikely to be in the green!
    Apr challenge :) i live in a beautiful place
    May challenge :)
    June challenge >:) I've logged into this group but not logged my food. I will catch up tomorrow but I'm falling asleep now and have to get back up to welcome B and B guests at close to midnight.

Good morning everyone. It's my plan to keep adding to the monthly challenges with the hope of building new habits - some are easier than others!

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi all! I kind of let the day get away from me. I slept in because I haven't been getting much sleep this past week and then I had to run errands, since I've gotten back home I've been sitting on the back patio all day like a sloth!

I really need to make sure I get my workout in today, along with my minimum of five thousand steps!

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. 💖💖

Yesterday 5/31:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😞
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Get prescription refilled😞

JFT 6/1:

2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Do workout
    5. Get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98
    I totally know the feeling - you know exactly what you need to do, you feel so much better when you do it,there is no single logical reson why not do it and yet you just don't...once when you are there it's easy, but that first move seams hard. Maybe instead of trying to get into peek pace/plan, maybe you can start with something small, break just one habitual repetition, do something easy but better then yesterday, like drink more watter or go for a 10 min walk or something like that. It sometimes helps me to find lost motivation. Sending you a hug! Good luck with the cake!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MIA today and bc moving
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/1 recap
    Set realistic goal weight for end of June 😁
    30 minutes of exercise-whatever I feel like doing😁
    Make Healthy choices today😁
    Meditate 5 minutes😞
    Drink water today-at least 24 ounces😁

Not bad today, definitely feeling on edge still but I find that powering through like I’m fine is the best way to get back to feeling fine for real when there is no real reason to be down. Managed some strength training and yoga so that was good. Tomorrow will be a run. Hugs to everyone who needs it. 😘 🤗
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Saturday, June 1, 2019
    Log Accurately :)
    1 hour walk :) -More like 1 1/2
    Stretches/weights :/
    Grocery :)
    Laundry :)
    Meal Prep :)
    Clean House :)

Very busy day yesterday. Got my long walk in. With all the movement around the house, hit 20,000 for the day. Did not get in stretches and weights, but cleaning gave me a workout. Got some of the windows cleaned (front and doors). Rugs shampooed. Washing done. Dusting, sweeping, etc. Real housework is hard work! Pleased with results--I had let some stuff build up. Will continue this week with each of bedrooms. Have stuff I have been purging in the two spare rooms. I clear so much, then get overwhelmed and have to take a break. Feel mentally ready to take on the next round. When I started clearing out stuff after husband died and realized how much junk there was, I made a commitment to myself that I would not leave such a mess for my children to remove (hopefully a long time from now!). Some stuff is easy to dispose of, other the memories overwhelm and I have to give it time. On the whole, very good progress-more tired of doing it than the emotional factor now. Now I just want to get it done.

SILs coming to the later church service (10:30) and then we are going to lunch. I am on Praise Team at 8:30 service, so I will get lots of church today! Then we are going out to lunch and visit. SIL from Switzerland leaves later this week.

Sunday, June 2, 2019
    Log Accurately
    Church
    Lunch with SILs
    Ironing
    Stretches/weights
    60 minutes intentional walking

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Ginny in Ohio
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Good morning! Yesterday turned into a bit of a free for all. I didn't get my walk in and I didn't work out. 😞 We got Chinese food and I weighed it out but then couldn't find any good entries for it in MFP so I just guessed. Then I decided I needed way more sesame noodles. Then some of my husband's fried rice and egg roll. Then some of my mom's General Tso's chicken. Then a bowl of chocolate ice cream. But something was missing, so I had to have another bowl but this time with peanut butter on top.

You get the idea. 😂😂

Anyway.. Over the last month I've probably only truly gained one pound of actual fat (and lots of bloat right now), but I still tend to beat myself up about it. I have a small frame so even a pound up or down is visible to me. I really need to stop getting out of control but I also need to stop beating myself up for it when it does happen.

Today I am definitely getting my workout in, getting my steps in AND staying within my calories. It is not up for debate!!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 6/1:

2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😞
    4. Do workout😞
    5. Get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!😞

JFT 6/2:

2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Do workout
    5. Seriously now..get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!
    6. Buy groceries
    7. Prep lunches
  • dianeauman9614
    dianeauman9614 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JFT I will stick to my eating plan and be grateful!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I have been travelling for work and/or sick for most of the last month. Today I am fasting for a Monday colonoscopy and have a couple of days off after that, so it is a good time to start setting goals again.

Sunday:
    1. get through liquid fast
    2. plant tomatoes in garden
    3. rest