Yoga 30 minutes
    Strength Training 20 minutes
    Healthy Choices
    3 veg/2 fruit
    low sodium choices today
    put meal in crockpot for dinner at lunchtime
    Drink 8 c water today
    Stay in the green

Feeling a little better today. Definitely have a lot on my plate for today and have this feeling of just wanting to get through it. I really like my career so this feeling tells me that I have a little burnout action going on. I'll keep sitting in my feelings this week without eating my feelings or numbing out with wine until I can figure out what I need to do to move past it. That is my weeklong goal. :) Hope everyone has a great Monday, or at least a tolerable one!
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I've missed so many posts and it feels nice to be back.

You are braver than you believe
    Stronger than you seem
    Smarter than you think
    And loved more than you know :heart:

I took the weekend off :) It's really been a strange one. I've been eating home cooked food exclusively for about 10 weeks and on Friday I ate at 2 restaurants, breakfast & dinner, and I also had to battle with people around me eating the most beautiful aromatic pizza's in my house. Twice! And with it being the final of the European Champions League I either ate far too much or nowhere near enough due to nerves. I thought I had a handle on my emotional eating but it seems not :cry: I'm glad I don't drink or I'd have ate everything.

Anyway, Liverpool are now the Champions of Europe :relieved::smiley:

I get weighed at my local Healthy Living centre and since 23rd May I've been gaining and losing the same 1lb. How frustrating is that? Today I'm delighted I've finally broke that pattern and I'm now 18st 10lb or 262lb. So far I've lost 25lb and I'm so proud of myself. It's definitely a motivator, which will always come in handy.

JFT 3/6/19 Monday

1. Log all food & drink
    2. Stay under calorie target
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Stay focused and have fun

xx
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I really have to hurry so I'll have to read later. Have a great day everyone!

Yesterday 6/2:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😁
    4. Do workout😁
    5. Seriously now..get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!😑😭
    6. Buy groceries😞
    7. Prep lunches😁

JFT 6/3:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Bring deposit to title company
    4. Speak to Suncoast
    5. Seriously now..get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!
    6. Buy groceries
    7. Cook dinner
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 3 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    JFT
    - Salary payment
    - Response to unanswered messages from friends and family
    - fix the new ticket and the nasty one for the transport app
    - make an Instagram business profile for the one we finished
    - eat mindfully (eat while satisfied, don't snack)
    - have light, veggie-based dinner

Dealing with gallstones have wracked my eating pretty much. For a few days, I couldn't eat more than maybe a 300
    - 400 kcals, which created a pretty bad habit - eat as much as you can. This weekend when I felt better, that "eat as much as you can" became a lot and turned into binging. I have an appointment with a surgeon this week, so hopefully, soon I'll know the date of the procedure.
    In the meantime, my main goal for today is to get back to 3 main moderate meals and light, mindful snack in between.
  • purwonder
    purwonder Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have missed a couple of days posting, but I am still consistently logging my food. My weight is still on a slow decline, which is okay. I have noticed my sodium intake is very high, so I am going to cut out as many processed foods as possible. Have a great day everyone. Jesus is always with you.

JFT:
    15 minutes cardio
    Keep sodium intake low
    Stick with meal plan
    Eat on time
    Believe in what I cannot see, until it happens
    Trust Jesus in all I do
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all, just back from a super long walk (just under 8 miles) and listened to Half Sized Me podcasts the whole time. I know lots of us have used these before but thought I’d add my recommendation as the Facebook live one on emotional eating that I just listened to was just so insightful and covered something I think so many of us are struggling with. She talked about how we use food when we have negative events, or for a release when we feel we have worked hard or overcome something. Her ideas of how to reframe our responses to these events were really interesting, and I think I might splash out and buy the toolkit she mentioned. Has anyone got it and would you recommend it?

This sounds very helpful! I definitely do the release one. Which episode number was this? I should definitely listen.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. AM run - 4 miles? idk... Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT. FINISH READING S.
    2. Upload projects. Type essay.
    3. Leave for garden by 8:45.
    4. Finish essay. Dinner with B. Proofread essay and upload.
    5. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Monday: Lifting. Align assessments to OW units. Late lunch with parents. Tuesday: Lifting. Birthday for A.

JFT Monday
    1. AM run - 3 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT.
    2. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting. Take S to read between sets.
    3. Take recycling. Late lunch with parents. Assessments?
    4. Discussion post. Comments if available. Chop celery.
    5. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Tuesday: Lifting. Align assessments to OW units. Birthday for A.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: Weight going back down! Need to keep at it. NO SNACKIES.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 Sending you so many hugs and lifting you and Matt up in my prayers. Take care of you for us, we love you and hate seeing you struggle.
    Dear Lord, hold Hannah tight to you through this trying time. Bring her peace and reassurance. God, empower the doctors with wisdom to solve the riddle and ability to implement the solution. Please, Lord, help to heal Matt mind, body & spirit. There is much love in this relationship, but the strain is great. Let this trial bring them closer together and closer to You. Through You all things are possible and this is no different. I know You have a plan, I beg you give Hannah and Matt the strength, understanding & patience to follow it through. It's in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

@Faebert I hope your knee starts cooperating soon! You are doing a great job of staying active with the injury. Did you find your ring? I'm really interested in the Pod Cast "Half-Sized Me" do you know which episode you were listening to?

@ginnytez Clearing out objects can be a weighty task, but for me the results tend to be freeing. The seeing the DVD had to be emotionally taxing for you. Please take care and know that we are around if you need a friend. I have no great words of wisdom, but I'm a pretty good listener. Message me anytime.

@aubyshortcake Weight is tough when you're short, I'm 5'1". It's great when you are losing because people really start to notice pretty quickly, but the flip side... Ugh... 2lbs and my belt loop changes. You've got this!

@cory17 Missy you! Don't get lost in the drama. Take time for yourself. YOU DESERVE IT!

@Bex953172 Glad to see you posting. When I first joined this group, you intimidated me. I think in the RW I'm so used to people trying to say and do what they "should" that having someone tell it like it is caught me off guard. I'm still a little intimidated because you're awesome, but I love that you are genuine and caring.

@mytime6630 Know that I pray for your family regularly.
    Dear Heavenly Father, bless this family with love and patience. Lord, if it be your will, bring them the answers they seek. They know not your purpose for their lives, but they are good and faithful servants. They praise you in the storm yet they seek the sunlight. God, I wish we knew the path you have chosen for us, but we don't. We try and we fail, but we always try again to honor You. We will continue to praise you and pray that you will fortify our hearts to deal with the trials we must face. Peace and Grace are what I ask for this family. Thank you for the many blessings in our lives, none of which would be possible without you. It is is Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

@AJB1014 Sounds like you have a great fit with the job. Best of luck!

@wannabeskinnycat 25lb Lost is huge! You are well on your way. Keep up the great work!

@daneejela Gallstones are awful. I hope you get relief soon.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    @HEGoddard0928 Sending you so many hugs and lifting you and Matt up in my prayers. Take care of you for us, we love you and hate seeing you struggle.
    Dear Lord, hold Hannah tight to you through this trying time. Bring her peace and reassurance. God, empower the doctors with wisdom to solve the riddle and ability to implement the solution. Please, Lord, help to heal Matt mind, body & spirit. There is much love in this relationship, but the strain is great. Let this trial bring them closer together and closer to You. Through You all things are possible and this is no different. I know You have a plan, I beg you give Hannah and Matt the strength, understanding & patience to follow it through. It's in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

@Faebert I hope your knee starts cooperating soon! You are doing a great job of staying active with the injury. Did you find your ring? I'm really interested in the Pod Cast "Half-Sized Me" do you know which episode you were listening to?

@ginnytez Clearing out objects can be a weighty task, but for me the results tend to be freeing. The seeing the DVD had to be emotionally taxing for you. Please take care and know that we are around if you need a friend. I have no great words of wisdom, but I'm a pretty good listener. Message me anytime.

@aubyshortcake Weight is tough when you're short, I'm 5'1". It's great when you are losing because people really start to notice pretty quickly, but the flip side... Ugh... 2lbs and my belt loop changes. You've got this!

@cory17 Missy you! Don't get lost in the drama. Take time for yourself. YOU DESERVE IT!

@Bex953172 Glad to see you posting. When I first joined this group, you intimidated me. I think in the RW I'm so used to people trying to say and do what they "should" that having someone tell it like it is caught me off guard. I'm still a little intimidated because you're awesome, but I love that you are genuine and caring.

@mytime6630 Know that I pray for your family regularly.
    Dear Heavenly Father, bless this family with love and patience. Lord, if it be your will, bring them the answers they seek. They know not your purpose for their lives, but they are good and faithful servants. They praise you in the storm yet they seek the sunlight. God, I wish we knew the path you have chosen for us, but we don't. We try and we fail, but we always try again to honor You. We will continue to praise you and pray that you will fortify our hearts to deal with the trials we must face. Peace and Grace are what I ask for this family. Thank you for the many blessings in our lives, none of which would be possible without you. It is is Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

@AJB1014 Sounds like you have a great fit with the job. Best of luck!

@wannabeskinnycat 25lb Lost is huge! You are well on your way. Keep up the great work!

@daneejela Gallstones are awful. I hope you get relief soon.

Oh my god ive never been called intimidating before!
    Im so sorry ive even come across as that!

I do say it how it is, thats true, it can cause me problems sometimes, im really sensitive really, i just learnt that bullsh!t doesnt get anyone anywhere,
    But sometimes that can make me seem tactless and come across as insensitive.

But honestly, i think about you most days! I understand the struggle you have too! And although i wish neither of us were this way its nice to know im not alone sometimes!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Recapping entire weekend for my own self-accountability: Third weekend in a row that I traveled out of town for family event.

Recap TGIF!!! 5/31
    1) Walked dog before work 3.48 mi 1:03:01 & stretched = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 14,590 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 38 floors :smiley:
    3) Complete the effing revisions, reprint & sign-off, submit to *kitten*t Manager = Done & resubmitted :mrgreen:
    4) Net cals zero / 14c water = net cals -162, sodium -485, sugar -15, fiber & protein good :) , 14c water
    5) Evening: wash towels (start as soon as get home) :smile: / boil eggs for snacks :smile: / prep bags/cash/egg cartons for farmers market :smile: so glad vendor appreciated the extra cartons / declutter 15 min. :/ / wash dishes :( / other? nope
    6) Unplug 9:00 ??? / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify 6:45 alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 (farmers market before the strollers, wagons & chatters :D ) :/ later

Recap Sat. 6/1 Crappy weather & rest day
    1) Farmers market before 8 a.m. :smiley:
    2) No x-training or dog walk but afternoon errands w/ hubby = Fitbit 8.032 steps, 250+ 11/14 & 12 floors :neutral:
    3) Logged all food including Good, Bad & Ugly ~ I felt like a bottomless pit late in the day = net calories -511 :( , sodium -133, sugar -19, fiber & protein excellent (sure, ate extra food) & 10c water :/

Recap Sun. 6/2 ~ My youngest niece's HS graduation, followed by dinner at a local restaurant. Almost 3 hours car time plus ceremony so lots of sitting.
    1) Walked dog 3.5 mi 1:04:35 (visit w/ Kim & Bogey) before church = Fitbit 12,772 steps, 250+ 8/14 & 20 floors :smile:
    2) Hubby's work clothes & my walking shirt washed before church & hung on line after church = hubby had everything folded by time I got home. :smiley: And he loaded dishes in dishwasher and ran load while I was gone. <3
    3) Sensible order at the restaurant ~ had delicious strawberry salad that included lots of greens & strawberries, small amounts of grilled chicken, avocado, candied pecans, dried cranberries & fresh mozzarella, and drank no alcohol. Logged my best guess. = Net cals green 43 ????, sodium -337, sugar -3, fiber ok, protein good, 8c water :| and I'm satisfied. Logged G/B/U :D

JFT M 6/3 Brrr! Temp was 39F (3C) when dog and I left house this morning ~ wore lined jacket & gloves in June. But sky was beautiful blue with very few high clouds and we watched two deer run across road not 50 feet in front of us. :D
    1) Walked dog 3.46 mi 1:01:39 before work & stretched after = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged & have wiggle room / net calories zero / 14c water / log G/B/U
    4) Don't dwell on multiple online issues with prof org & lack of timely online support ~ do what I can and wait for response from somebody ~ maybe check online access from home computer to see if issues are workplace related
    5) Update JFT monthly goals and weekly w-i and May/June step challenges
    6) Evening: hair appt. / check bird feeders & refill / other?

Tomorrow (T) I have annual planning meeting for my prof org from 8:30 - 4:30 and much longer commute than I'm used to. Continental breakfast, refreshments & lunch will be provided. Goal is eat sensibly & log best I can.

Today's Positive Thought: My office-mate is on vacation and I have our office all to myself for an entire week!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday June 3- Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had such a marvelous weekend, it was relaxing and fun and just such a good time. These young ladies were ladies all weekend. There was no over the top drinking, no drama, the only argument between two girls was who would sleep on the top bunk and it lasted for about 3 minutes. Food was plentiful and the smoke cleared and the sun shone so that we could be on the lake.

One of the many reasons I wanted to learn how to swim was that someday Kaitlyn could take me out on the water and I wouldn't be fearful. She took me out yesterday in the canoe for a bit and we had so much fun. She is a Level 1 Sail Instructor. I just am so blessed to have had this opportunity to go with them and to feel like I belonged not like a 5th wheel. Raquel made me a thank you gift with a very nice card to go with it for all of my help with the decorations.

Now today my weight is up over 180, I'm sure a lot of that is sodium and a result of all of the carbs I ate this weekend. The next month I have to pay very close attention and would like to get down to 170 before the wedding. I don't know how successful I'll be, but I'm going to give it my best. I'll share some pics of the weekend shortly, I need to do it from my phone.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    I have read through all of the posts since Friday, but I don't have time to comment on all of them.

@nlmackey98 - I am struggling to get back on a losing streak too, I don't know what is holding me back from actually accomplishing it. Hopefully I can find the determination to do it this month.

@HEGoddard0928 - I hope they find some answers for Matt soon. Not being able to work is not a good feeling on top of being ill. Hugs to you.

@korina75 - I always allow my husband's mood to affect me and I take it all on myself for his mood. I always think it has something to do with me. It's hard not to assume that when it's just the two of us here. He frequently reminds me that "the world doesn't revolve around me", since he has started doing that I actually have been able to allow his mood not to affect me more often which in turn has shortened his moody spells.

@Faebert - I keep wanting to listen to the Half Size Me podcasts and never think of it when I'm out walking.

@mytime6630 - Hugs to you. I have no words that can ease the pain you surely have, but know I think about you lots and wish that I could help in some way.

@Bex953172 - I had to laugh at your response to being intimidating. My husband is a tell it like it is person, he doesn't hold back and always speaks the truth. He is often called intimidating and he doesn't understand why that is, like you he is pretty sensitive too.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 @nlmackey98 - it was episode 381, from 27 May. There were some bits that might not apply to everyone, but it’s worth a listen to the very end.

On the release/reward thing, at one point she talks about the concept of “I deserve this”, and she says absolutely we deserve something for us when we have worked hard, succeeded or been through tough times. But we deserve better than the pile of junk food that we tend to turn to. And I thought - yes! In a way, how sad is it that when I feel I need or have earned something special for me, its always food, and not always even particularly special food?!

Anyway, have a listen and let me know what you think x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I have read through all of the posts since Friday, but I don't have time to comment on all of them.

@nlmackey98 - I am struggling to get back on a losing streak too, I don't know what is holding me back from actually accomplishing it. Hopefully I can find the determination to do it this month.

@HEGoddard0928 - I hope they find some answers for Matt soon. Not being able to work is not a good feeling on top of being ill. Hugs to you.

@korina75 - I always allow my husband's mood to affect me and I take it all on myself for his mood. I always think it has something to do with me. It's hard not to assume that when it's just the two of us here. He frequently reminds me that "the world doesn't revolve around me", since he has started doing that I actually have been able to allow his mood not to affect me more often which in turn has shortened his moody spells.

@Faebert - I keep wanting to listen to the Half Size Me podcasts and never think of it when I'm out walking.

@mytime6630 - Hugs to you. I have no words that can ease the pain you surely have, but know I think about you lots and wish that I could help in some way.

@Bex953172 - I had to laugh at your response to being intimidating. My husband is a tell it like it is person, he doesn't hold back and always speaks the truth. He is often called intimidating and he doesn't understand why that is, like you he is pretty sensitive too.

@snowflake1968 - out on a long walk is the perfect time to listen to them. It makes the time go really quickly and I would never normally set aside 45 minutes at a time to listen to something. Listened to three in a row yesterday! I got them on Spotify, but I think lots are on YouTube too x