Weird things you do with food

Replies

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    ebeever115 wrote: »
    This is, by far, my favorite thread.

When I have grilled cheese and tomato soup, I put the sandwich into my bowl and pour my soup over it. I eat everything with my spoon then. Maybe not weird, but I've gotten a few funny looks for doing it this way instead of dipping the sandwich into the soup.

When eating a sub or sandwich, I have to put potato chips on it.

The grilled cheese IN the soup idea is genius...will have to try!
    I do the same with chips on sandwich, but lately i've switched it up and topped with French's crispy jalepenos
    igst0e1n3wd2.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    cask16 wrote: »
    Fairly common one I think - strawberries drizzled with balsamic vinegar

that is so incredibly yummy with a really good aged (and oh so expensive unfortunately!!) balsamic vinegar

What do you think of substituting pomegranate or date molasses (available in middle eastern shops) as a lower cost alternative to balsamic? I agree that nothing beats a really well aged balsamic but it is more expensive than good cognac.
  • ebeever115
    ebeever115 Posts: 42 Member
    widgit808 wrote: »
    ebeever115 wrote: »
    This is, by far, my favorite thread.

When I have grilled cheese and tomato soup, I put the sandwich into my bowl and pour my soup over it. I eat everything with my spoon then. Maybe not weird, but I've gotten a few funny looks for doing it this way instead of dipping the sandwich into the soup.

When eating a sub or sandwich, I have to put potato chips on it.

The grilled cheese IN the soup idea is genius...will have to try!
    I do the same with chips on sandwich, but lately i've switched it up and topped with French's crispy jalepenos
    igst0e1n3wd2.jpeg

I will definitely be trying these in my subs!!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    acpgee wrote: »

that is so incredibly yummy with a really good aged (and oh so expensive unfortunately!!) balsamic vinegar

What do you think of substituting pomegranate or date molasses (available in middle eastern shops) as a lower cost alternative to balsamic? I agree that nothing beats a really well aged balsamic but it is more expensive than good cognac.

Send me some!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

I use the syrup created by the soaking of dates or figs (even prunes) for various things... would be good on strawberries for sure...nothing beats that balsamic though ;)
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Peeled & ate an avocado like an apple @ work one time...co-workers gave me that WTF look
  • dennisroc
    dennisroc Posts: 59 Member
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwich . I started eating them as a kid and still eat them now at 65 lol
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    dennisroc wrote: »
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwich . I started eating them as a kid and still eat them now at 65 lol

This is apparently a thing.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020024-peanut-butter-sandwich-with-sriracha-and-pickles?emc=edit_ck_20190506&nl=cooking&nlid=7626916320190506&te=1
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »

I use the syrup created by the soaking of dates or figs (even prunes) for various things... would be good on strawberries for sure...nothing beats that balsamic though ;)

Easy enough to make our own "aged" balsamic. Simply simmer a bottle of balsamic vinegar on the stove top until thick and syrupy. Good enough.

this is true...I've only done this once a while ago. I think I'm inspired to make again!
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member

This is apparently a thing.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020024-peanut-butter-sandwich-with-sriracha-and-pickles?emc=edit_ck_20190506&nl=cooking&nlid=7626916320190506&te=1

Actually, both of these sound really good!
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member

I’ve eaten peanut butter and pickle (has to be dill pickles without garlic) sandwiches since I was a kid. I add mustard as well, though.
  • MystiqWings
    MystiqWings Posts: 34 Member
    When younger, took the mash out the potato croquettes and making a snowmen.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    My current weird thing is to slice up a banana and microwave it for about 45 seconds. Sometimes I add some mixed spices to it. Goes all gooey and delicious but my colleagues think I'm crazy!
  • lcatalan93
    lcatalan93 Posts: 45 Member
    I used to love eating salsa fries and dipping them in my fudgesicle lol ahhh man the good old days!
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    I like peanut butter and cucumber sandwich’s. :)
  • quarterhorseygirl
    quarterhorseygirl Posts: 18 Member
    There are a lot of things I thought I was the only one with...now I know I'm not alone lol. I too will disassemble food and eat the individual parts separately (i.e. a cheeseburger...eat the veggies first, then bun, then the meat/cheese, certain candies get eaten certain ways depending on what it is, etc.).

Different combinations...my husband definitely raised an eyebrow the first time he watched me eat a smidge of butter on a graham cracker. That's the first one I can think of, the others will come to me after I post I'm sure lol.
  • CourtneyLank22
    CourtneyLank22 Posts: 4 Member
    Doritos eaten with pickles
    Mayo and mustard mixed as a condiment or chip dip (which now with Mayomust by Heinz I'm thinking that isn't as weird...)
    Ranch dressing mixed in spaghetti (it makes it creamier)

That's all I can think of right now but I'm a pretty weird foodie (probably why I needed MFP in the first place).
  • I like graham crackers dipped in apple juice. Also, I only eat bananas with knives. And I can only eat ice cream (vegan of course) if it is melted. And I cut or tear everything I eat.
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    I enjoy ranch on creamy chicken ramen noodles. I know neither are the healthiest, but it was something that started while I was pregnant and hasn't gone away yet.
  • Kbtm6419
    Kbtm6419 Posts: 22 Member
    If I order Chinese I put it into the freezer until it gets cold and then eat it lol I love cold Chinese food