Options

Replies

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    springlering62- you said that you are within 5 pounds of having a normal bmi- That is one of my goals to have a normal bmi- I am now just on the "overweight line- I am now within 10 pounds of a normal bmi- but it seems i self sabotage everytime I get this close(sigh) Anyway i am taking it slow and just keep going the best I can- ladies how are we doing this week?
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @debtay123 You are within 10# of normal bmi again? Maybe it is time to ask yourself why you self sabotage. Are you dieting or changing your lifestyle? Big difference. I am not trying to be mean, I just want you to succeed. I started here several years ago and was determined to never be fat again. I discovered veggies were actually filling. I eat carbs, but too many make me want to eat more. Lean proteins are easy...90/10 ground round or ground sirloin are affordable and tasty. Ground turkey (or chicken) is a decent substitute in chili or marinara sauce. I could go on for a while. If you are truly interested in changing your lifestyle, message me and I will give you some more tips.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • rlfrausto
    rlfrausto Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 63 this year in October and I started a low carb and intermittent fasting two weeks ago, It is not to bad but I am happy that I have lost 8 pounds in the last 2 and a half weeks. I will keep you updated as I lose.
  • ItsAJourny
    ItsAJourny Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look terrific! Congrats!
  • pennyilene
    pennyilene Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    ladies- Just celebrated another birthday- I turned the big 59 on June 25th. i am still slowly losing wieght and trying to make sure that i eat more fruits and veggies- determined to get to a normal bmi -have lost about 4-5 more pounds so slowly and surely works best for me-

Happy belated birthday! And great job!
  • debtay123
    Options
    Good job- bosque1234bosque1234 and Welcome to our group- I think you will find much encouragment here. I know that I have been helped a lot!
  • pennyilene
    pennyilene Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    garlo12 wrote: »
    Hi, just celebrated my 58th Birthday on June 9 and rededicated myself to exercising in the first week of April 2019 and I'm down 12 lbs. as of today. I've lost 28 lbs since I rededicated myself on MFP back in Feb. 2017 ( when I originally lost 30 lbs. then stopped exercising because of a little surgery, nothing serious, and laziness. I'm doing better now with my exercising and hope to continue and lose 55 lbs. more then take it from there if I need to or want to lose more.

Congratulations on your rededication to a healthy lifestyle! 😊
  • debtay123
    Options
    tracyj7102- congratulations on restarting your fitness journey- You can do this- we are here for you!!1
  • rlfrausto
    rlfrausto Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 62 and I started back on June 10th and I have so far lost 11 lbs by walking a little and a low carb diet mostly clean food like meat and veggies. This you are all very inspiring, it really helps me going. Thank you all.
  • Dakar58
    Dakar58 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A very inspiring thread :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!