JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    So you guys tell me ... how do you respond to so many, all in one post!! I seem to hit "reply to quote", because otherwise, I forget what I want to write, and to who! How do you guys do that?? I've tried opening up 2 windows with MFP and doing it that way, or cutting and pasting my comments in MS word, and then pasting it. But just curious if there is a easier way! so many I would love to respond to, but I'd fill up 20 posts then!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So you guys tell me ... how do you respond to so many, all in one post!! I seem to hit "reply to quote", because otherwise, I forget what I want to write, and to who! How do you guys do that?? I've tried opening up 2 windows with MFP and doing it that way, or cutting and pasting my comments in MS word, and then pasting it. But just curious if there is a easier way! so many I would love to respond to, but I'd fill up 20 posts then!

Erm say theres posts 1 2 & 3.

Click quote on 1 and it shows up in the box, right?

Then right your response under that coding or whatever, then before posting, click quote on 2 and that should show up in the same box underneath your response to 1.

And again with 3.

Then youre just posting 1 comnent but answering multiple people.

Or you can just scroll and click quote on each comment you want to respond to, and just comment underneath each bit of coding for the comment youve quoted.
    I hope that makes sense.

If it DOESNT do that, then i dont know LOL!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019
    Log Accurately :)
    60 Minutes intentional walking :)
    Make it through two meetings without getting too cranky :)
    Finish ironing :(

Busy day today. Two meetings turned into three plus a late afternoon phone meeting. Got out of work late and when I came home, ate dinner, got in some good treadmill time and loaded dishwasher, I decided to bag the ironing. Really tired tonight, so heading off to bed. Thanks for all of your posts. While it is hard for me to respond, it is good to see the progress, and in some cases, people talking honestly about struggles.

Thursday, June 6, 2019
    Log Accurately
    60 Minutes intentional walking
    Get a couple of work projects completed in between contract meetings
    Stop by store
    Try to finish ironing?

Ginny in Ohio
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Just checking in! Today is the first day in probably the last like 3 weeks that I was under my calorie goal! It feels really good. It also helped that I didn't have my lunch with me at school. Lol. I ran to the store and got a cup of coffee and a protein bar. Lol.

I thought I was going to have a nice easy day at work. And while it was easy, there was some curfluffle in the beginning. I ended up getting to my school and then going into the second period I got told to go to a different school. One I had never been to. I was silently freaking out in my car during the drive over. I ended up doing a 1 on 1 with a really awesome student who is pretty self-sufficient. All I really had to do was sit in the back of the classroom and not do anything. I pretty much just played on my phone. Lol. His para is out for the remainder of the school year. Apparently she broke her pelvis? I'm not exactly sure how. But I signed up to spend the rest of the week at this school with this student. I really believe that consistency is important with special needs students. There are only 2 weeks left of school so I may just spend the rest of the school year there. It was just a really awesome day.

So Matt started a new medication last night to see if we can get a handle on the diarrhea(sorry if TMI Lol). We're hoping that it helps at least a little bit. It's a 14-day course of antibiotics. If that doesn't work then the doctor is going to put him on a long term medication. So I guess we'll see. I just need him to feel better!

Oh! I forgot! I have a therapy appointment tomorrow for the first time in about 4 years. It's with my old therapist who I really like. She specializes in what I need and also shares my faith which is really important to me. We actually go to the same church. Lol. Also, this weekend is my church's annual woman's retreat. I'm really excited about that. Mom will be there this year(she wasn't last year) so I am looking forward to spending some good time with her. And also getting a lot of good stuff from the teaching. So the rest of the week should be really good.

Okay, I've talked your ears off enough. Lol. Onto goals!

JFT, 5/6/19

1. Log all my food(keep up the great work!)
    2. Pack lunch
    3. Call Sean
    4. Pick up paperwork from gastro
    5. Scan/email pwrk
    6. Make dinner
    7. DO THE *kitten* DISHES!!!!
    8. Gym time!
    9. Pack for weekend
    10. Bed by 10
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. Do grocery shopping :)
    2. Food prep for the rest of the week :neutral: eh...made progress
    3. 10,000 steps :( 8861
    4. Do some work in the garden. try to prevent crazy “master” gardener lady from pulling up my cucurbits :)
    5. 8C water :)

1. Happy birthday to me!
    2. Weigh in
    3. No social eating at work
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. 8C water

@azulvioleta6 HAPPY BIRTHDAY🎂🎈🎈🎈🎈🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @daneejela - How true about humans crossing the bridge when we are facing it. There are so many times and things in life where we say we couldn't or wouldn't and then if it happens we just keep going. What else can we do?

@ginnytez - I am so fortunate to have sisters in law that I really enjoy being around but like you live so far away. We used to be close, but not so much anymore. I just heard from my MIL that my husband's sister broke up with her partner of 13 years, I've talked to her twice since this happened and she hasn't said a word.

@maryrobinson40 - I love watching that ticker go down, and the streak go up. I am struggling to maintain my 25lb loss, I am up again. We can do this!

@Faebert - That assistant of yours sure misses a lot of work. Is she chronically ill or just catching all the bugs going around?

@Bex953172 - It's so nice to see you back on a daily basis.

@ZizzyBumble - I don't know if I would want to leave Skye, but it will nice to visit your parents I bet and isn't your husband home too?

@littleblackskirt - I used to have one of those shelves, they are so easy to change up! I also want to say that it's logging the bad and being honest that is the best thing about this site. It really opens our eyes and doesn't allow us to hide the bad. After a while the bad becomes less and less I think. (I'll let you know if I ever get there).

@korina75 - I usually walk fast running errands and I usually wander the whole store so that I can get extra steps in. Hubby hates shopping and was rushing me a bit yesterday so I didn't even get to do that. Today I am going to clean. It will at least give me activity to log today.

@aubyshortcake - Yay for meeting your goal! Doesn't that make you feel so good!

@nlmackey98 - You are doing it! Going to the gym and fighting through must be so rewarding. I love your positive thoughts. I would agree you are a great friend.

@clicketykeys - Are you almost done your courses? You just need a good break I think.

@azulvioleta6 - Happy Birthday!

@Snowflake1968 Sister WE'VE GOT THIS!! TOGETHER RIGHT!? You and I are gonna kick butt.
    Let's Belt UP and "Two-Legged Race this thing!.
    Here's what I'm doing... 2 bottles of water when I wake up, Morning Energy Munch... This can be Carrots, Celery, Apple Slices, Nuts, NO BREAD, PANCAKES, OR POTATOES. at noon 2 bottles of water with lemon
    juice. Healthy LUNCH. REPLACE DESSERT WITH FRUIT.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @Bex953172 YIPPIEEEEE CASEY 👏👏💕💕💕💕
    BEX...Proud mum
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    EXCITED ABOUT THIS JOURNEY AGAIN... ALMOST LIKE A REFRESHING SHOWER.
    GOT OUT AND WALKED TODAY. THE JOY IS, I'M CHOOSING TO DO THINGS ON PURPOSE.
    I'M STOPPING AND CONSCIOUSLY CHOOSING THE WALK OVER THE WORRY, CHOOSING to not
    give in to the "flesh feeders"...chips, chocolate, soda. I have been keeping gum by my bed because
    sometimes I get the urge to eat something, I sit up and chew the gum, drink a bottle of water go
    tinkle and get back in bed. Sisters... None of it is easy, we all have our ways of getting through
    our hunger pains. It's a lot of trial and tests until we figure out what works best for us.
    Whatever works, I'm just thankful we're doing this thing together 😁🙌 👏👏👏
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And ... what are cucurbits???? I love to garden also, but I only garden flowers since the deer eat anything else I plant (and they eat flowers to, but I just try and spray them).
    But I hope you had a wonderful Birthday!

Cucumbers, zucchini, melons, pumpkins, squash, etc.

My current community garden is run by a maniacal retired master gardener who wants to micromanage everything. She is saying she wants to pull everything up and have us replant in July. I am not a "master" gardener, but I know that our growing season here is too short, and I don't want to go the whole summer without cukes or zucchini.

My garden is not infested and there are a bunch of organic preventative measures that can be taken. I have so many ridiculous stories from this garden--including the time she made me SWEEP the garden for three hours. Yeah, it's that insane. This is the only community garden in my new small town, and I think that I am going to give up gardening next summer instead of having a plot there. This is something that I love doing, but the situation is making it too stressful.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    It looks as if I forgot to post yesterday's goals. They would have been the same as usual and I met most of them. I did read posts but did not get time to respond. Well done to those of you who overcame various challenges.

Wednesday 5 June

Log accurately >:) will catch up later
    Stay in the green >:) drank too much wine
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals >:) decided to spend time with my husband instead of walking
    Jan challenge >:)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge >:)
    Jun challenge >:)

Today is my last day on Skye for a couple of weeks and I wish I was not heading south but it will be good to see my parents and the garden at our home in the south will have become overgrown. I will be gardening and decluttering for the next few weeks.

Not a good day for goals, CBA as I am leaving Skye (and my husband and cat for the next 2 weeks. Today won't be good either as I'm travelling all day. Sorry no time to read posts, have to be out the house in 20 mins and need to dress!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thursday

- June challenge
    - Walk dog
    - 6 cups of water! (Initiating Operation Red Cup!)
    - Exercise.. i AM still a bit sore but could maybe try some stretches, see if that helps!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options

JFT 5th June

Log everything I didn't
    Keep it under control yes, didn't overeat
    Mark the shelves! yes
    Do some back stretches yes
    Housework, washing yes
    Huge pile of ironing (This is not my own, it's ironing for a business, so lots of it and has to be perfect) yes
    Gardening if it dries up just a bit, still very wet

I did get the car sold, after a momentary panic when the salesman said he couldn't buy it without my father present. That's exactly why I'd made phone calls and produced all the extra paperwork giving me permission to sell. He then changed his mind, and it went okay. My stomach was doing somersaults driving there lol.

JFT 6th June

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Make physio appointment
    Walk with friend
    Long overdue haircut
    Visit parents, do their shopping
    Gardening

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    korina75 wrote: »
    JFT 6/5

30 minutes intentional exercise :) Did 40 minutes!
    30 minutes walking :) Got over 10K steps in today
    5 minutes meditation :| NOPE
    drink 8 c water :)
    5 servings veggies/fruits :)
    Prep guest room :)

What a DAY. I am honestly just DONE with today. I really want to get in bed and read and go to bed but I made the terrible mistake of having a latte at 3 pm so I will likely be wide awake until midnight. Got a lot done on my to do list and then had a plumbing emergency that took up a lot of my mental and physical time and space today. Also, I did have some downtime and I just couldn't unplug. It was a really dissatisfying day. Blergh. I'm anxious about my Dad's visit, he'll be getting here tonight, and I am just a ball of nerves. Coffee was not a good choice. I think I'm going to go take a hot bath and try to relax a little.

Not sure if I'll get on here the next few days while my Dad is visiting. My only goal will be not to emotionally eat or drink while he is here. He is a huge trigger for me.

I hope your Dad's visit goes well and is not as bad as you expect.

If you're finding him triggering you, you can always come on here for a break and a rant and let off some steam!

Nobody (I imagine) is without family issues... we can all relate to what you're going through!

Hugs x

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Thank you @bookmeister86! He arrived late last night and is still sleeping so we'll see how things go. :) I may very well come to vent. :smiley:

JFT 5/6
    Mindful eating
    drink water mindfully
    take meditation breaks as needed
    30 minutes of mindful movement
    Speak up for yourself

Dad arrived last night, it's early, he's still sleeping in. I'm a ball of nerves and anxiety but it'll be ok. I'll get through the next few days. On a positive note I broke through a weight loss plateau that I had been on for a few weeks. I actually upped the calories I had been allotting myself from 1200-1300 to 1400 plus exercise calories, plus I went back to 30 minutes per day and added yoga/strength back in as well in 10-20 minute increments per day. Totally livable lifestyle for me without much thought or stress. I had done a challenge in May so it was really requiring me to do 90 minutes of exercise per day on average and my body just needed a break. So my goal for June is 30 minutes per day of whatever I feel like doing, even if it's just yoga or swimming or walking. Seems to be working well and it's an absolute lifestyle not a diet type of living. Might just adopt it for the whole summer if it continues to work.

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Oh man I will have to go back and read, I'm running late AGAIN! Today is our home inspection, I hope there is nothing major that they find!

Have a great day everyone!

Yesterday 6/5:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😑 only slightly over so not bad
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Seriously now..get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!😞
    6. Buy groceries😁
    7. Put away laundry😞

JFT 6/6:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 4
    4. Workout after work
    5. Seriously now..get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!
  • rb0619
    rb0619 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Rachael and I’ve just started using MFP again after a loooonnnnggg break. I’ve never really used the community aspect of it before, but I’d like to start. I recently realized the only way I will be successful in my weight loss & overall health journey is to have outside accountability, and I’m hoping to find that here. If you have any tips for engaging in community that would be greatly appreciated!
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that I never get time to answer to everyone I'd like to. Since English isn't my native language, it usually takes time to construct my thoughts in it. But I do think about many of you, even though I never addressed you directly. You are an awesome and unique group of women, this group is such a rare place of unconditional support, empathy, and positivity!

@Bex953172
    Sounds like you're doing great! IMO, those are the most important days - days that are not super "clean", super strict, super healthy, etc. but instead real-life days in which we choose to do better than what's our usual triggered behavior. I think those days are breakpoints and where the real action happens. I think I speak for all when I say that we're very proud of you! :)

@korina75
    Sorry that you feel this way! As @bookmeister86 said none of us is stranger to family issues. I don't know what your father does to make you anxious, but whatever it is, it's his weakness. Try to remind yourself that you are good and that there is nothing wrong with you and deep down he knows that too, but he's probably too scared to acknowledge how awesome you are.
    Congrats on breaking the weight loss plateau! Your strategy looks so healthy and sane and it's very inspiring!

@Snowflake1968 I loved the pictures on the lake! You girls look so happy and relax, looks like a really awesome time! Can I come with you next time? :D