What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    My children just got home from school. The nine-year -old ran in and declared loudly that he was going to take a shower. I’m not one to argue with boys who voluntarily clean themselves so I grabbed the 12-year -old and asked why his brother needed a shower in the middle of the day.

He said, “It was hot and sweaty on the bus.”

I stared at him with my don’t mess with me face and he said, “and he was making stink bombs and accidentally stuck his finger in one.”

I guess my expression must have gotten even more scary because he hastened to add, “Don’t worry! He didn’t get caught!”

Kids are precious angels :D
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    JohnPaulEightyOne Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Does the collapse of the wave function require an observer? If so, does this reality even exist without an observer to cause the wave function to collapse? Also, should I replace my current sneakers with Nike or stick with Skechers?
  • askeeney
    askeeney Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Does the collapse of the wave function require an observer? If so, does this reality even exist without an observer to cause the wave function to collapse? Also, should I replace my current sneakers with Nike or stick with Skechers?

Brooks
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    askeeney wrote: »

Brooks

I’m a Nike guy myself - but I’ve heard good things about brooks
  • askeeney
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    askeeney wrote: »

Brooks

I’m a Nike guy myself - but I’ve heard good things about brooks

I love Nike, but shoes gotta be brooks.
  • Cowsfan1
    Options
    It’s crazy to me how many ppl do not know where they were born or their mother’s maiden name or even what a maiden name is... you’d be surprised how many folks do not know this stuff
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    It’s crazy to me how many ppl do not know where they were born or their mother’s maiden name or even what a maiden name is... you’d be surprised how many folks do not know this stuff

Ask them about their grandmothers’ maiden names or places of birth. Most people don’t have family knowledge beyond one or two generations.

I can go back almost three, with information from primary sources, after that it’s apocrypha.
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

Ask them about their grandmothers’ maiden names or places of birth. Most people don’t have family knowledge beyond one or two generations.

I can go back almost three, with information from primary sources, after that it’s apocrypha.

I know my grandma’s - but not her mom’s - but i can cut you some slack on not knowing those - but to not know your own place of birth or your own mother’s maiden name - with the exception of adoptees - that’s plum crazy yo
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

I know my grandma’s - but not her mom’s - but i can cut you some slack on not knowing those - but to not know your own place of birth or your own mother’s maiden name - with the exception of adoptees - that’s plum crazy yo

It does seem strange to me. Do people not have access to their own birth certificates?
  • askeeney
    Options

This sounds like password reset help 🧐
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

It does seem strange to me. Do people not have access to their own birth certificates?

Most do - but don’t have - to me if you’re 18 this should be common knowledge no? I mean I realize some don’t have ideal home lives and I can give them a pass as well - but some young ppl just look at me and say idk where I was born lol
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    This manic restlessness that threatens to keep me awake way to long tonight
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Pickles
  • Cowsfan1
    Options
    Pickles

Dill , sweet , bread and butter ? Wholes , haves , chips - ??
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Colloseum 2.0.

mfijss2c3j8w.jpeg

I love sports. Sports Sports Sports.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Pickles

Dill, whole, large, right out of a barrel. 😋
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Trashy garbage is on my mind
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Pickles

Dill, whole, large, right out of a barrel. 😋

Interesting article on the kind of pickles I miss.
    https://www.momentmag.com/lost-magic-wooden-pickle-barrel/