40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options
    Well, gam3rguy, your absence will be noticed! torn bicep sounds very painful. Ouch!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Keeping a good thought for your son, @sdereski. Best wishes for his recovery.

Trying to pull myself out of a funk brought on by not being able to resume cycling or running after 4 months of rehab. A masters swim class on Monday nights is helping. The coach really pushed us tonight and I think that may be just what I needed. She pushed us through roughly 3K in lap work, with the last set being 12x25yds racing your lane mate, with 30 second recovery between each sprint. Thought I was going to die after the 8th one, but somehow hung on.

I was absolutely gassed at the end, but haven't felt this good about a workout in a long time. :)

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well for your son, @sdereski. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Have been keeping very busy, trying to stay on top of all my house chores (inside and out), work stuff, race planning and family reunion planning. All happening this month. In there, we are going to be away for a week, while my son has surgery. If you are the praying type, I ask that you keep my son in your prayers. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor a week and a half ago. :cry:

Prayers for your son, I hope his surgery goes well, they get it all, and it's benign. Good luck with the crazy month!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    @sdereski. Sorry to hear about your son. Good luck to the both of you.

Doc says I can do cardio and lifting, but no pulls. Gotta get mri...then we discuss surgery.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Alpha Cardio"=Done! overhead jacks were a little challenging with this arm, but got em in.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Beast Total Body...even managed to increase reps for some of the higher weights...so pleased!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Legs=Done at the gym!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Glutes last night, totally rocked it!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Really knocked it out of the park the other day at the gym lifting. After taking a year off from lifting to pay for my son's and daughter's braces, I rejoined the gym back in January. Discovered at the time I had lost about half my strength (aka could only lift half the weight as before the break).

Been making steady progress, and the other day I hit a quad-milestone on my road back: 1 large (45#) plate per side on my overhead press, 2 plates on my bench, and 3 plates on both squat and deadlift. Still have a ways to go to reach prior levels (regained about half of what I lost), but the psychological impact of reaching those big-plate milestones, especially all in the same workout, really psyched me up.
  • stephsjourney2019
    stephsjourney2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    43 ... been at this a while..
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    43 as well and been chugging along with my self-programming lifts. Progressing nicely.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Really knocked it out of the park the other day at the gym lifting. After taking a year off from lifting to pay for my son's and daughter's braces, I rejoined the gym back in January. Discovered at the time I had lost about half my strength (aka could only lift half the weight as before the break).

Been making steady progress, and the other day I hit a quad-milestone on my road back: 1 large (45#) plate per side on my overhead press, 2 plates on my bench, and 3 plates on both squat and deadlift. Still have a ways to go to reach prior levels (regained about half of what I lost), but the psychological impact of reaching those big-plate milestones, especially all in the same workout, really psyched me up.

Nicely done.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Beta Speed 2.0"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    No weights last night (sad Tiffy) because rehearsal ran late and I didn't get home until 10:30pm...however, I did get some extra walking in 13.5K steps is good.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did weights yesterday...kind of circuit-style and my heart rate was UP there.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "PiYo: Strong Legs & Buns"=Done!
  • mojavemtbr
    mojavemtbr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    57 and still going strong.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEG DAY! DONE!