The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• StarliteTara
    StarliteTara Posts: 298 Member
    Mr_Death13 wrote: »
    Hey yall I'm asking for up lifting thoughts and prayers
    Back around in May I was involved in a car accident. Since then I've been suffering from I feel like short term memory loss. I feel like I'm repeating stuff that I've already done but not sure if I actually did them. Ugh it's really frustrating.
    I plan on going to my Doctor and getting looked at this Friday.

Prayers sent your way. :smile:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Mr_Death13 wrote: »
    Hey yall I'm asking for up lifting thoughts and prayers
    Back around in May I was involved in a car accident. Since then I've been suffering from I feel like short term memory loss. I feel like I'm repeating stuff that I've already done but not sure if I actually did them. Ugh it's really frustrating.
    I plan on going to my Doctor and getting looked at this Friday.

Positive thoughts sent your way.. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    Goooood mornin middle-agers. 👋
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member

Morning Jo.
  • slimgirljo15
    Anna28518 wrote: »

Morning Jo.

Good morning lovely 🙂
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Good morning HHD!
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Moooorning everyone, hope your day is good.

@Mr_Death13 did you get an appointment for Friday? Hope you did! Short terms memory loss sounds scary!
  • jeleeper
    jeleeper Posts: 26 Member
    Good morning ☀️ it’s a foggy one here in NH but I’m optimistic. I’m going to try new breakfast, an egg and mozzarella stick cooked in the microwave with some basil. It’s only 172 cal and has good staying power. It’s a long workday today of mainly sitting at a desk so I want to keep things in control if you know what I mean. Are usually have a yogurt with some granola and nuts and berries, nonfat Greek plain. But that is 380 cal and I usually eat on it all morning. We’ll see how this goes. Any other interesting breakfasts out there?
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    edited June 2019
    I had wholegrain oats sweetened with cinnamon and added some blueberries. (250 cals)
    My 11-year old ate the same and said, this is the first time I actually feel full from breakfast, normally I'm hungry again by the time I get to school. She usually eats white toast with nutella...

So long story short, I can recommend wholegrain oats to keep you full!
  • sschrock
    sschrock Posts: 114 Member
    Lots of rain in TN today! I could use some new friends, if anyone would like to add me! I'll be 51 next month and am just continuing on the path of trying to stay healthy/no injuries, and cleaning up some really bad eating habits over the last 7 months. Happy Hump Day!!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Good morning everyone! Have a great day. Coffee UP!😫😂☕️
  • blueunicorn125
    blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
    Good morning! Rainy and humid day in Kentucky. I am in serious need of some caffeine y’all! Have a great day!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Hello all hope your day is amazing.
  • showjefb
    showjefb Posts: 109 Member
    Hello all. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.

I have come back to MFP recently to help get my eating back on track.
    Feel free to add :)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Happy hump day y'all! Stay cool if ya can, it'll be near 100 with the heat index in my parts. With the temp and T-storms a brewing for the afternoon I guess I'll be inside most the day. :frowning:
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    jeleeper wrote: »
    Good morning ☀️ it’s a foggy one here in NH but I’m optimistic. I’m going to try new breakfast, an egg and mozzarella stick cooked in the microwave with some basil. It’s only 172 cal and has good staying power. It’s a long workday today of mainly sitting at a desk so I want to keep things in control if you know what I mean. Are usually have a yogurt with some granola and nuts and berries, nonfat Greek plain. But that is 380 cal and I usually eat on it all morning. We’ll see how this goes. Any other interesting breakfasts out there?

So glad I saw this post before I finished my online grocery order (yes, I'm one of those people) - I need to get some stuff to make some oatmeal muffins (I think they are like apple pie oatmeal muffins or something - it's a new recipe I want to try). If I have breakfast (I've been doing IF a lot recently), I tend to go with something I can "grab and go" with - egg muffins, oatmeal muffins, English muffins with egg and cheese, etc. It has been a long time since I've done oatmeal muffins, but it sounded good for a change.

On a different note...I've been pulled away from my desk so many times this morning that i haven't had nearly enough coffee. And it's almost lunch time. And it may be weird, but I have a hard time drinking hot coffee in the afternoon. I don't know if it's because i drink it black or what, but it rarely sounds decent after lunch. Maybe I should have lunch a little later today...
  • CloudsGirl27
    CloudsGirl27 Posts: 1 Member
    Turning 36 years old soon. Got back into the healthy lifestyle and gym life back in January, then an ankle and leg injury sidelined me for four months. I've been depressed about not being able to go to the gym and some other life setbacks and put on more weight. I'm putting myself back in the game because my body needs it... as does my emotional state! Feel free to add me as a friend :) Motivation is the key to success!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy middle of the week friends. It's all downhill from here!!! hahah (and garbage day tomorrow)

Well I had to tell my skating friends today that they should no longer design the program for the adult Olympics around me and my shoulder issue since i will be needing surgery and if my Dr's timeline is correct I will be in a sling at the time of the competition. Oh well there is always another chance right!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Who mentioned bacon again?!?😫
    God I’m so hungry today and all I keep doing is eating potato chips at work. Not that I’m complaining TOO much about that,....😜😜😜
  • RockingRican
    RockingRican Posts: 217 Member
    Who mentioned bacon again?!?😫
    God I’m so hungry today and all I keep doing is eating potato chips at work. Not that I’m complaining TOO much about that,....😜😜😜

Bacon Bacon Bacon !!! I did 😂😋😉