The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    it's the latest trend so I had to get it to try it. I do this. Any baking or cooking or food trends I am a sucker for and I run out to get them and try them. Well I don't try all the deep fried grossness at fairs

Right. You’re closer to the city than me. I’m in the boonies so I won’t hear about this tea for another 2 years.

No deep fried Mars Bars???

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    it's the latest trend so I had to get it to try it. I do this. Any baking or cooking or food trends I am a sucker for and I run out to get them and try them. Well I don't try all the deep fried grossness at fairs

Right. You’re closer to the city than me. I’m in the boonies so I won’t hear about this tea for another 2 years.

No deep fried Mars Bars???

haha I just like cooking and following those trends.
    I'm in the city and I haven't seen it yet....I guess if you want to Chinatown maybe
  • forestfreek
    Options
    Sounds very cool.
    But how does it taste? Can you drink it cold?
  • StarliteTara
    StarliteTara Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried butterfly pea flower tea? It brews up a deep purple and then yo add an acid to it and it changes to a magenta. It's very cool and awesome when you add lemonade and vodka to it

I had to google this, it’s so cool! I mean I’d try it just because it looks cool. 😂
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Sounds very cool.
    But how does it taste? Can you drink it cold?

the blend I got is tropical so has pineapple and coconut so when you added the lemonade it just tasted fruity
    Has anyone tried butterfly pea flower tea? It brews up a deep purple and then yo add an acid to it and it changes to a magenta. It's very cool and awesome when you add lemonade and vodka to it

I had to google this, it’s so cool! I mean I’d try it just because it looks cool. 😂

this is why I got it. I needed a non alcoholic drink for a party so googled neat drinks I might have looked specifically for purple drinks because someone had brought me some blue curaçao so I wanted to make something purple.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I just googled the tea too - it looks so cool! One of the images I see seems to show it iced - possibly with the vodka added! ;) But I'm wondering the same thing @forestfreek is - how does it taste?

ETA: And now we can ignore my post because I took too long to post!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    This is what I got it really just tastes and smells like pineapple gtnrxb3pci4t.jpg
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there because it's something I get made fun of for and y'all have been discussing tea versus coffee. I don't like tea. Typically that wouldn't be an issue except I'm from and live in the south and everyone drinks sweet tea.

I like beer! Is that ok? lol
  • forestfreek
    Options

TomFit18 wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there because it's something I get made fun of for and y'all have been discussing tea versus coffee. I don't like tea. Typically that wouldn't be an issue except I'm from and live in the south and everyone drinks sweet tea.

You sure you’re not Canadian?

• AliNouveau
    Options

He would've mentioned maple syrup and poutine if he were 😂🤣
  • forestfreek
    Options

He would've mentioned maple syrup and poutine if he were 😂🤣

So very true!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I saw cheese curds at the store today and thought hmmm poutine would be good for dinner but I passed
  • forestfreek
    Options
    I saw cheese curds at the store today and thought hmmm poutine would be good for dinner but I passed

Good for you. Poutine is a hard one to pass up.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    since we are talking about food....pasta salad with chicken for dinner tonight....
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

Did someone say cheese curds?? yum lol
  • forestfreek
    Options

See???? Totally a closet Canadian!

• forestfreek
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    since we are talking about food....pasta salad with chicken for dinner tonight....

Sounds good!

• AliNouveau
    Options

See???? Totally a closet Canadian!

Well to be honest....aren't most people? Or wish they are hahahaha
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »

Yum.. 🍽 yes please.