Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Gut Microbiome impact on Health and Fitness

Options

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    I'm deeply sorry for the family who has not benefited from the products I referred to. I know it is difficult and not everyone has the same cause for disorders and some may not responds to digestive microbes and digestive enzymes in the same way. All I can say is, living in the UK products from Huston are imported from the US and some families are able to have them prescribed, there is even a charity which helps some to pay for the things. So among this particular community it is commonly known. When I started on this path getting on for 7 years ago, my life was so impacted, my diet so restricted not least because I prefer a vegetarian diet so when you have 10 may be vegies you can eat because my salicylate load was too great, my liver etc could not make enough enzymes to eliminate the stuff, life is not fun. I did mention my 3rd grandson. Also if I hear one of the kids needs antibiotics I give them the product. The eldest ggs, I have 2, reacted to his first injections, I provided an infant product for him. I never want anyone to endure the difficulties and restrictions I have endured.

I've seen more than adequate scientific verification for there being validation of the microbiome having a broad sphere of application maintaining an efficient microbiome. Using pre and pro biotics designed to be taken with antibiotics, things changed with the first application but I still repeat them often. They changed my life, the more trivial things they have helped with was my chemical sensitivity. I'm no longer house bound by the smells from Lush, a mile away as the crow flies, when the wind is in the wrong direction or the neighbour has freshly washed laundry on the line, or there has been a light fall of rain on a hot day and the ground stinks, once upon a time I could not go near the laundry isle in the store for fear of throwing up or passing out. I still need to be careful near petrochemicals, car fumes, and paraben preservatives and perfumes. There were places in our conurbation I could not visit because of the breadth of my symptoms. I have not yet had the confidence to book a ticket for a BSO concert I would hate to have to leave having paid so much because I could not control a hacking cough, I did not have before I entered the concert hall. For me my issues were mostly about unhelpful microbes but I, thanks to helpful microbes more in balance I have my life back.

How the body works is complicated no two people are exactly the same, when I am expected to take the graph repeated 3 or 4 times above as fact, when it is written by some student who has no real interest in diet against the references of Chris Kresser and the many other Functional Practitioners, I am afraid I see red because if this is the best nay Sayers can find! That has no credibility. I can say the sky is black all I like. Empty vessels make most noise. BTW the medical cohort at some of our universities are taking a very strong interest in the microbiome. I think it started at Warwick.

As I have said many times, as a very much older person, my body has been through more than most of yours. I hope no one lives to regret not at least considering taking on board the science of the microbiome.

...but the sky is black. Or have you seriously never been out at night? :D
This discussion has been closed.