The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am back. I gave up on being sober but I know I am better off without alcohol. My life feels empty and alcohol fills the void. I have a job I like, kids I love but sometimes they are with their dad or friends and I am lonely. I can’t seem to date. I am an introvert who really has a hard time connecting with others. I appreciate everyone sharing their struggles here and I should stick around. I have only been sober since Saturday this time around. My son made a comment about my wine on Friday night and I felt ashamed. I know it is just numbing the pain and causing me to stay where I am but I really do not see a way out anymore. Taking it one day at a time. I do have better workouts when sober and my general mood is better. Yesterday morning I went for a run and as I was driving into work I was like wow I am in a good mood. I need to remember that. Someone on here always said to be kind to your tomorrow self.

Ouch, it is painful when a family member makes a comment about our drinking. I've been there. Happy you are feeling the difference already. Some of us have done the 30 day challenge by Annie Grace. A few pages back , someone wrote an inspirational post about all the amazing things that have happened since she quit drinking six months ago. It's worth a read. xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @Fitness327wk Happy things are going well for you! You are such a positive person!! <3
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I am back. I gave up on being sober but I know I am better off without alcohol. My life feels empty and alcohol fills the void. I have a job I like, kids I love but sometimes they are with their dad or friends and I am lonely. I can’t seem to date. I am an introvert who really has a hard time connecting with others. I appreciate everyone sharing their struggles here and I should stick around. I have only been sober since Saturday this time around. My son made a comment about my wine on Friday night and I felt ashamed. I know it is just numbing the pain and causing me to stay where I am but I really do not see a way out anymore. Taking it one day at a time. I do have better workouts when sober and my general mood is better. Yesterday morning I went for a run and as I was driving into work I was like wow I am in a good mood. I need to remember that. Someone on here always said to be kind to your tomorrow self.

Ouch, it is painful when a family member makes a comment about our drinking. I've been there. Happy you are feeling the difference already. Some of us have done the 30 day challenge by Annie Grace. A few pages back , someone wrote an inspirational post about all the amazing things that have happened since she quit drinking six months ago. It's worth a read. xo

Thanks all for the welcome back. I did the alcohol challenge last year and was 60 day without and tried to moderate afterward. So restarting and feeling good about.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Mini victory for me- I did it! No wine yesterday. I feel great and very proud of myself. Going to go AF one day a week for the next couple weeks then bump it up to twice a week. On the other days, limiting to two glasses that I measure out. I hope it's ok that I'm posting here- if this thread is only for people who are completely abstaining please let me know.

Post here anytime! We enjoy hearing from you !
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @lauragreenbaum Congrats on your "victory" day!! Awareness is the first of many steps and you have some good goals. :) You also have a cute puppy! I LOVE dogs <3

@trishfit2014 You WILL make your son proud!! I think it took a lot of courage for him to speak up as hurtful as it may have been for you. You can be proud of him for that. :)
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427 So proud of you for your self control. "It's there. Why not?" I KNOW!! Amazing how our alchy brains have such difficulty comprehending a glass of wine sitting there untouched.

I just want to say how fortunate you are to have your Mom to spend time with. I miss my Mom. <3:'(