The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Thursday!!!
    It's the last day of school. That means we get to sleep in tomorrow and start summer adventures

Amen!! I had to get my 15 yr old to the bus stop at 6:45...nuts..so he can get to School almost an hour early (go figure!!)

Ive been trying to mix up my work out to get better results
    Today I can barely walk/sit...ouch those squares and burpees on Tuesday are KILLING me today....yesterday I did a quick light cardio session and I'm still hurting..LOL

maybe try some stretching? Often that can make you feel a bit better or even do what you did to make you hurt. As crazy as it sounds this is what my coaches growing up always said to do and one day a month or so ago I was so sore and figured why not try this and it did make the pain ease a bit

Thanks I usually stretch or warm up before but maybe not enough
    I always chalk it up to the face that I have been super sedentary my entire life and starting to work out at 45-46 was going to be tough
    but its been 2-3 mnths or almost being sore on a daily basis..enough already

I'm sure that does have something to do with it. daily stretching is good. I rarely stretch I'm terrible. haha
    I would just do an easier workout and see if that gets stuff working. it's weird and counter intuitive but it helped me. I grew up doing sports and as a kid you'd never really warm up you would just do it cause it was part of your lifestyle. I have a hard time putting this attitude aside
  • AliNouveau
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So my son has some trouble in school. He's a lovely child but ha some things that makes it hard for him to focus in school especially, we're having him tested right now to see what kind of help we can get him. He brought home is best report card to date today. I had a great run this morning, this fabulous report card came home, got a new bathing suit. it's a good day
  • eaglebob1960
    eaglebob1960 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    59 and starting to do things I should have been doing my whole life.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Good morning middle-agers..
    TGIF 😁 oops.. I mean Happy Thursday to you all..
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

It's little Friday in this part of the world. You've heard of little Friday, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-sq_Sb3uk
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

It's little Friday in this part of the world. You've heard of Little Friday, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-sq_Sb3uk

:laugh: I had not heard of little Friday, love it.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So my son has some trouble in school. He's a lovely child but ha some things that makes it hard for him to focus in school especially, we're having him tested right now to see what kind of help we can get him. He brought home is best report card to date today. I had a great run this morning, this fabulous report card came home, got a new bathing suit. it's a good day

❤️❤️❤️
    Yay for good days😊

• TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a good day!!
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day one in coop/run complete. I am so pooped. Putting stuff together is my jam. =)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Friday! I am doing my first scuba dive in 3 months this weekend. It is in a muddy quarry, but i!'m still looking forward to it.
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - it's Friday, the sun is shining, the weekend is nearly here! Have a good day all :-)
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Friday! I am doing my first scuba dive in 3 months this weekend. It is in a muddy quarry, but i!'m still looking forward to it.

That sounds absolutely terrifying.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Happy Friday! Whats the plan for the weekend?
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Yay for Friday. First day of summer holidays!!!!

As for the weekend it's a long weekend here since it's Canada Day on Monday. I'm not sure what we will do. Fireworks Monday that's the only plan so far
  • avo795
    avo795 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Everyone! Got my walk in this morning and already drank 33 ozs of water and its not even 9 a.m. yet. Hope you all have a good day.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

GREAT news!!!
    Hope he continues to do well

happpppYY Friday
    Going to be HOTTTT here in the NE
    I have to drive my son to the local library..he is working PT this summer but it volunteering at the library also
  • AliNouveau
    Options

GREAT news!!!
    Hope he continues to do well

happpppYY Friday
    Going to be HOTTTT here in the NE
    I have to drive my son to the local library..he is working PT this summer but it volunteering at the library also

It's a hot one here too.
    Yay for your son volunteering. Get them started young

My son seems content to put together the Lego I got him yesterday for the end of school. We need to take his report card to his ADHD clinic but I guess that'll get done at some point. He said he just needs to assemble a turtle first
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    lol well yeah, assembling that turtle is important... Turtles are awesome :P Have a great friday everyone!