Mindful eating :)
    Day off-enjoy it!! :)

JFT 7/1

Drink water
    90 minutes exercise
    Healthy choices
    stay in the green
    Mindful eating

Mostly a good day yesterday, went over a little in calories but was actually just hungry not bingeing. Today is the start of my July fitness apple watch challenge so I am excited to get that started this month. We are going on vacation next week but I know we'll be doing a lot of walking so it's all good. However, I definitely want to have a really great first week both for the challenge and to bank some calories so next week I can just relax and enjoy. Going to Montreal so want lots of great bread, poutine, pastries, cheese, and wine! Anyway, this week I have a lot of things to handle before then and I'm already stressed. Off to get started, first thing is my car is acting up so need to get that handled asap. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I'm tired of teetering on the edge of the wagon so it's just time to get back on, starting today!

JFT 7/1:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Pick up a few groceries
    6. Workout after work
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh dear I think I undid all last week's good work at the weekend, so it's time to get a grip again!

jft
    1. Foundry visit
    2. Stay under
    3. 400 calories worth of some sort of exercise
    4. Spend time on the modelmaking 3 x 50min
    5. Cut 3 templates for work
    6. Check back in!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 1 July

I'm late posting, 6 guest breakfasts then 3 rooms to clean etc. One set of guests didn't depart until nearly midday. I think it could rain but I'd like to get a short walk in.

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Didn't post JFT for 4 days since 2-day conference (with the food) and weekend. Eating has been out of control lately. FOMO and greed are my problems right now. Want to get that out of my system. Should be easy with so much fresh produce now available but has not been happening. At least workouts are happening still. Anyway...

JFT M 7/1
    1) X-trained before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Prelogged meals & snacks / no snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Post updates to weekly w/i & monthly goals on JFT
    5) Evening: deposit check? laundry? make rhubarb crisp for food day in office / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify alarm (rest day T?) / bed & tv off 10:20
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I didn't post yesterday or check up on anyone because I was just busy.

I started off with my daily Bible Reading :) . Then it was time to get ready for a long drive to drop my daughter off at "Nerd" Camp. It was a 3.5 hour beautiful twisty turny mountain drive to Green Bank WV where they have the world's largest totally steerable radio telescope. Sixty upcoming Freshman throughout the state were selected to participate in a fully funded two week camp. They will be engaged in various science and math related activities as they explore the area's mountains and streams. I am totally jealous of this opportunity. V's best friend was also selected so we carpooled, but no matter how you try to put a nice face on it 7 hours in the car gets a bit boring. Nonetheless, I'm super excited for the kids. Bad thing was the snacking while driving. I gotta nix that when I go back in two weeks. We got home around 8:00 and I had dinner, which I didn't need with all I'd eaten that day. Sigh. The power was on and off through the night so sleeping was hit or miss. Which led to one tired Nikki this morning.

I've decided I'm going to go back on the eating plan I used when I used to train. It is a version of high protein, low carb, but I did well with it for years. Then some things happened emotionally and I just dropped everything. Moderation isn't doing it for me right now so I'm going to go with regimented. I know I am capable of doing this because I've done it before. Also going to revisit some beginning workouts.

JFT Monday

- Up by 7:00, Work by 8:00 - :( No & No and I had to go back home because I forgot my meds.
    - Start VDA trial - :smile:
    - Work on development of APHA method - :smile:
    - Protein Bar for breakfast
    - email/MFP :smile:
    - Low carb lunch <300 cal :smile:
    - Finish up VDA. Prepare for tomorrows audits/training
    - Home 5:30
    - Long Hilly Hike, planned 6 miles, but may have to cut to 4.
    - Daily Bible reading, I will finish Genesis today. That is 2 books down 64 to go
    - Low carb dinner < 700 cal
    - Gratitude Journal
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 10:30

JFT Tuesday Morning
    - Gym before work
    - Eggs for breakfast
    - Work by 8:00
    - Protein bar as a late morning snack.

Positive Thought: The "you" you want to be is created one choice at a time. We've got this!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Sun
    1. Rest. βœ”
    2. Empty/fill dish washer πŸ‘Ž
    3. Cook dinner at home βœ”
    4. Hard boil eggs πŸ‘Ž
    5. Finish two loads of laundry, put away! βœ”
    6. Set alarm for 700 βœ”
    7. Bed by 10 βœ”
    8. Finalize hotel plans πŸ‘Ž

JFT Mon AM
    1. Make coffee βœ”
    2. Pack lunches βœ”
    3. Smoothie for breakfast βœ”
    4. Marriage license to town hall! βœ”
    5. Leave by 8:10 πŸ‘Ž
    6. Ask boss for namr change papers πŸ‘Ž

JFT Monday
    1. Waters
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Cook dinner at home, buffalo chicken burgers or steak
    4. Log food!
    5. Cut/file nails down
    6. Grocery store! Review and update list for holiday
    7. Update this list later
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    JUNE UPDATE:-
    Thank you so much for putting up with me. After a difficult May, I really needed the accountability of posting daily goals, so this thread has been a godsend to me.

Goals for JUNE (last 10 days)
    FOOD:
    🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 I’ve been doing this for quite a while, but had gotten a little slack at times. Daily posting has sharpened my focus and kept me on track.
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds 10/10
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 10/10
    • follow through 10/10
    • Hydration 10/10

EXERCISE:🌟🌟🌟🌟 Mostly fine
    • 6000+ steps 10/10
    • 15+ mins strength 7/10 (didn’t make 15 every day, but did do > 5
    • 15+ mins flexibility 6/10 🌟🌟🌟 I need to work on this. I did some gentle stretching every day as part of physio, but only did yoga/tai chi on 6 days.

OTHER:🌟🌟🌟🌟 Fine on the set goals. Sometimes ran out of time for ongoing tasks because other more urgent things came up.
    • Meditation 10/10
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 10/10
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 10/10

Goals for Mon 01/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds πŸ˜„
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros πŸ˜„
    • follow through πŸ˜„
    • Hydration πŸ˜„

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps πŸ˜„
    • 15+ mins strength 😬 No specific strength circuits, but I did a lot of gardening tasks and room clearing which used my muscles so counting this as done today.
    • 15+ mins flexibility πŸ˜„ Gentle yoga

OTHER: DYD called in with her dogs for the afternoon. So some of today’s tasks have been transferred to tomorrow
    • Meditation πŸ˜„
    • Work on accounts ->->->
    • Sort out and store the rest of groups equipment for summer ->->->
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder πŸ˜„
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread πŸ˜„

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 1 July

I'm late posting, 6 guest breakfasts then 3 rooms to clean etc. One set of guests didn't depart until nearly midday. I think it could rain but I'd like to get a short walk in.

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) had a whisky after dinner and that made the difference!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :) I did go out for a walk and it rained!
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)

Good night all, sleep well.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/1 Recap

Drink water :)
    90 minutes exercise :) 75 mins!
    Healthy choices :)
    stay in the green :)
    Mindful eating :)

Haven't eaten dinner yet but I think I'll be ok. I've budgeted in some of my fav spicy mayo dip for my roasted potatoes and I'm sure that'll fill me up. I didn't get to 90 but I did 75 minutes. I may do a little yoga later to get up to 90 but I'm still calling it a win! Very good day health wise, and a low key day otherwise. I don't know if this will help anyone but when I am trying to get myself back on track I add soup back into my diet. You have to be careful it's not a high sodium one but it's a quick healthy lunch. Going to try to be pretty good this week so I can indulge a little next week!
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ok not bad in fact today!
    1. Foundry visit ..yes
    2. Stay under...yes
    3. 400 calories worth of some sort of exercise....409 yes
    4. Spend time on the modelmaking 3 x 50min ....no
    5. Cut 3 templates for work....yes, took some time
    6. Check back in!...yes

So for Tuesday

1.Foundry visit
    2.guitar practice
    3.400 calories exercise of some sort
    4. Stay under
    5. Modelmaking time!
    6. Half hour of writing
    7. Check back in
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    JFT 2019

Goals for Tues 02/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins strength
    • 15+ mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Laundry
    • ->->-> Work on accounts
    • ->->-> Sort out and store the rest of groups equipment for summer
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Chop celery. Duo.
    2. Draft blog post. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.
    3. Groceries. Review tour guide script. Dishes. Laundry. Downtown library - pick up book. Return PI?
    4. Get together with family. Print sheet music - begin practicing!
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Pack dinner. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Review script during breaks. Draft blog post.
    3. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. Shower. Bed.
    7. Meeting 9:15 Friday. MM audition July M-T July 22-23. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Tomorrow is the first fireworks day at the park. It is going to be HOT and LONG. Mostly I just want to make it through.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB , so sorry you are having a hard time.

@nlmackey98 , you are so right, it's the decisions we make every single day that will get us where we want to be.

JFT Monday 1st July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes :)
    Back exercises yes
    Pay bills, do paperwork only paid one, must do the rest!
    Shop yes
    Walk no
    Visit parents yes
    Make good choices, say No yes, said No Thanks to lovely homemade shortbread

I've lost my walking mojo. I used to walk every day and also a lot at work. Back pain stopped most of my walking, but I must try to do a bit more now, get back into the habit.

JFT 2nd July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Pay bills, paperwork
    Deep clean porch, including windows
    Pot on tomato plants
    Make good choices, say No
    Lift the big bag