What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Pulled pork sammich with a citrus slaw and BBQ, 1/3 portion of fries, 2 bites of my boyfriend's Reuben, and 3 crab cake bites
    Snack: Vanilla iced coffee with skim milk
    Dinner: Spiced skillet pork chop, Indian rice with peas thrown in, and naan bread.
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Good Culture Cottage Cheese

Lunch:
    Muscle Milk Vanilla Creme
    Luna lemon bar

Snack:
    Crystal Farms cheddar jack cheese stick

Supper:
    Baked Tilapia
    Rice
    Spinach
    California medley veggies

Snack:
    To Be Determined
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Well, thank you kindly. Your dinner sounded heavenly and yum for lemon pound cake.

Girlfriend...this lemon pound cake is sooooo good, it ought to be against the law, period. It's some how "refreshing" tasting--just the BEST, so so so ultra delicious. Having my last piece today.

Yum! I had made a ultra rich dark chocolate cake recently, had my last small piece a few days ago and I'm giving the rest away to a friend. So sad, it was so good!
  • umbramirror
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Early morning, inbetween HIIT and lifting:
    Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar (Clean Foods Crush recipe) and mocha cold brew

Brunch: (at a diner)
    4 egg white omelette with bacon pieces, mushrooms, and a bit of cheddar cheese, 1 slice of rye bread

Snack:
    8 oz. frozen acai, 2 chopped strawberries, coconut flakes, and 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs

Snack:
    Triple flat white
    Raw Rev Glo bar (dark chocolate peanut butter & sea salt)
    Siggi's O% vanilla strained yogurt

Dinner:
    3 oz. hamburger meat, 1/3 cup of kale, wild rice, garbanzo beans, and dried cranberries salad, steamed yellow squash, 1/4 avocado, and 1 1/2 servings of Yes Peas popped pea chips
    Cinnamon apple herbal tea
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    First time posting here!

Breakfast: black bean and cheese taco on flour tortilla w arugula
    Snack: string cheese
    Lunch: turkey and Swiss sandwich with romaine, mayo, mustard and pickle
    Snack: veggie chips
    Dinner: quinoa, orzo, chickpea salad with arugula, cucumber, bell peppers, and avocado. Glass of red wine.
    Snack: tbd - probably fruit
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: English muffin with peanut butter
    Lunch: chicken fajitas without the shell (chicken breast, bell pepper, onion and Rotel tossed in fajita seasoning & baked) with a side of plain Greek yogurt to use as sour cream and multigrain tortilla chips
    Afternoon snack: cherries and celery with light Ranch dip
    Dinner: turkey kielbasa and roasted yellow potatoes
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: coconut Greek yogurt & coffee

Lunch: TVP taco salad with tons of sautéed peppers & onions, diced tomato, 3 crumbled La Tiara taco shells, sour cream & salsa as dressing. A red plum and 3 Biscoff cookies with Earl Grey tea.

Dinner: whole wheat pancakes w/ chocolate chips & walnut pieces, 1 scrambled egg, 2 veggie bacon strips & decaf coffee
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Morningstar chipotle black bean burger with seasoned fajita veggies, a fried egg, shredded cheese, and sour cream
    Snack: Blueberries and protein bar
    Later snack: Strawberry triple zero greek yogurt
    Dinner: Coriander and Cumin rubbed pork chops with peas and basmati rice.
    Dessert: Enlightened mint swirl pop thing, possibly a pineapple coconut smirnoff
  • bamablairs
    bamablairs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: fried egg open faced sandwich on wheat toast with mayo & pickles, unsweetened tea
    Lunch: leftover meatloaf, green beans & cauliflower, a few pieces of chocolate covered ginger
    Dinner: pasta bake with TVP & zucchini, and provolone on top. Side salad lettuce, spinach, carrots & green onions with a bit of ranch dressing

Menu for the day sounds great. What is TVP.?
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Black Eye (coffee with 2 espresso shots) with half and half, pb clif bar
    Lunch: big bag of veggies with buffalo-bleu hummus and a cup of cottage cheese
    Dinner: sea bass sauteed with tomatoes, onions and olives, served with green beans and roasted potatoes.
  • umbramirror
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Banana protein pancakes w/ 88% dark chocolate pieces
    Triple blonde flat white (8 oz)

Snack:
    Skyr with ancient grains

Lunch:
    Poke bowl (brown rice, sushi-grade tuna, edamame, seaweed salad, spinach leaves, cucumber and red onion salad, and a little wasabi mayo)

Snack:
    Rise protein bar (chocolately almond)
    Double macchiato
    Small apple

Dinner:
    Mini naan bread, 3 oz lean hamburger meat, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, tomato slices, tzatziki sauce, and feta cheese crumbles
    Lemon herbal tea
    2 Emmy's Organics chocolate covered coconut cookie bites (mint)

• pfillipp
    Options
    Breakfast: chobani less sugar lemon cookie crunch yogurt, coffee, toast, sunbutter
    Snack: veggie chips
    Lunch: 2 oz meatloaf, romaine cucumber and arugula salad, Brianna’s French vinaigrette, 1/2 c quinoa orzo chickpea salad
    Snack: 100 calorie granola bar
    Dinner: Asian roasted pork shoulder, scallion pancakes, soy and vinegar dipping sauce, steamed broccoli
    Late night: cherries and herbal tea
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    fruit bowl: mangoes w/hot sauce, lemon juice, salt, wee pinch of chili powder and package of Goya Chicharrones (pork rinds)

Lunch:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Dinner:
    (cold dinner/left-overs) Tuna/egg salad (3 cans pole caught tuna, 7 hard boiled eggs, lots of real mayo, TJ's wasabi mayo, lots of mustard, nice amount of pickle relish, diced sweet onions, green and red bell pepper, celery, scallions)--eaten on 15-18 ritz crackers.

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    McDonald's vanilla ice cream cone (not as big as the one I had last week--as small or smaller than the pic I posted, but somehow even BETTER tasting (if that's possible)--LOVE these ice cream cones, taste like old school ice cream cones from the ice cream trucks of years gone by...YUM! :relaxed:
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - coffee, wheat pitas w/ hummus. Lunch - iced almond milk latte, chocolate cookie. Dinner - roasted broccoli, grilled chicken. Snack - bowl of cherries, 6 dark chocolate caramel squares
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    bamablairs wrote: »
    Breakfast: fried egg open faced sandwich on wheat toast with mayo & pickles, unsweetened tea
    Lunch: leftover meatloaf, green beans & cauliflower, a few pieces of chocolate covered ginger
    Dinner: pasta bake with TVP & zucchini, and provolone on top. Side salad lettuce, spinach, carrots & green onions with a bit of ranch dressing

Menu for the day sounds great. What is TVP.?

Thanks. TVP is a texturized soy protein that can be flavored and cooked as a meat substitute. I don't honestly know a ton about it but my husband cooks with it a lot and buys it dry in bulk at the health food store. It's pretty tasty when seasoned like taco meat, in spaghetti, etc.
  • pfillipp
    Options
    Breakfast: Starbucks iced black coffee and egg white red pepper sous vide bites.

Snack: nectarine

Lunch: romaine and bell pepper salad with Dr. Praeger’s all-American veggie burger patty, Vinaigrette

Snack: Quaker rice crisps, emergen-c

Dinner: chicken Marbella (chicken thighs, prunes, olives in mustard vermouth marinade/sauce), sautéed carrots and onions, rice-potato pilaf

Late night snack: tbd. May have room for ice cream!

• umbramirror
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar crumbled up into 1/2 cup of Fage 2% Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup blueberries

Snack:
    Cortado
    Epic performance bar (almond butter chocolate)

Lunch:
    Daily Greens - Just Greens (Lacinato kale & lavender)
    Garlic kale with tandoori chickpeas, extra chickpeas, tahini grilled chicken salad with pickled red onions, and tabouli
    2 small pieces of baklava (one of my favorite desserts!)

Snack:
    Coconut coffee protein smoothie (egg white protein, coconut cream, coffee, and oat milk)

Dinner:
    2 shrimp squash boats with marinated artichoke hearts and parmesan cheese
    1 small square of 88% dark chocolate
    Pomegranate oolong tea
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    cup of emperor puh ehr tea, cup of garlic tea

Dinner:
    pancake w/butter and syrup, 2 eggs over medium hard, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 pieces of ham, 2 breakfast sausages, cup of coffee w/cream

Dessert:
    large cup of lemon & blackberry sorbet and mint chocolate chip ice cream, 2 plums, 1 nectarine
  • maruagain
    maruagain Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: pancake (egg, banana, oats, coconut oil, honey), black coffee
    Lunch: baked chicken breast, avocado, salmas
    Dinner: red beans, cheese, avocado, salmas
    Snack: rice crackers, pineapple jelly
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: English muffin with peanut butter
    Lunch: chicken fajitas w/o the shell (chicken breast, bell peppers and onions tossed in seasoning & baked) with plain Greek yogurt (sour cream substitute) and tortilla chips
    Afternoon snack: celery & light ranch dip, and cherries
    Dinner: turkey kielbasa and thinly sliced potatoes tossed in olive oil and "everything but the bagel" seasoning then baked (delicious little chips!)
    After dinner snack: mint chocolate chip ice cream