The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    49 YEARS OLD STANDING ON THE HILLS OF THE PREQUE ISLE OVER LOOKING LAKE ERIE.. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME.

Nice first post.. great profile pic :D

Good morning middle-agers, hope you all have a great week :)
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon peeps....another workday in the books! It's always nice to get Monday out of the way!
  • yMorH
    yMorH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I change the language on my iPhone and MFP took me here! By the way the English community seems to be more active than the Spanish one!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    yMorH wrote: »
    I change the language on my iPhone and MFP took me here! By the way the English community seems to be more active than the Spanish one!

Welcome :)
  • TomFit18
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Hooray I've an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon for my shoulder. He'll let me know if it's worth doing surgery or not

Hope Monday is going well for all the middle agers

Well......how did the appointment turn out?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,544 Member
    Options
    I was over to the coast today for my shift at the aquarium. I did three dives -- 69, 50, and 45 minutes. I did a LOT of scrubbing. We also cleaned some acrylic, and I did some vacuuming. Mostly - we scrubbed.

Afterwards I took a nice walk on the beach. It was a calm sea; there was lots of boat traffic. I saw some of our resident Gray Whales.

dcram9fj34zh.jpg

I also saw the USCG doing a stern tow. It was one USCG boat towing another, so I'm not sure it was practice or they had some trouble out there. I carry a VHF radio, and I heard them alerting to the stern tow but no other details.

bjkxpf97pxpx.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,544 Member
    Options
    paranthus wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm a personal trainer and nutritionist. I started my fitness and bodybuilding journey 2 years ago. and now I love helping others to achieve their goals as I am.

I am very curious to hear about this part of your journey. I think it's great, and I thought maybe I should do something like that. There's a fair bit of schooling to become a dietician in Oregon -- not sure I want to start all over with that again, but it might be fun to help others on their journeys.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Hooray I've an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon for my shoulder. He'll let me know if it's worth doing surgery or not

Well......how did the appointment turn out?

It's not until July 23rd. I will let you know then
  • TomFit18
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Hope you all have a great day!
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Good Luck @your appointment!💙
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Off to the gym at the crack of dawn. Seize the day, my friends!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Thanks. I think I got lucky and expedited because my friend knows the surgeon and mentioned to his wife I was going to see him. It's good to have friends who know people. Haha. I'm hoping I get some relief soon I'm back not sleeping well because I can't get comfortable or it falls asleep when I lay on it. It's so frustrating
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy morning friends. It's Tuesday. Physio this morning and then some kinda workout. I'm going booze free this week so I lose a couple if pounds for my vacay in a couple if weeks.
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I was over to the coast today for my shift at the aquarium. I did three dives -- 69, 50, and 45 minutes. I did a LOT of scrubbing. We also cleaned some acrylic, and I did some vacuuming. Mostly - we scrubbed.

Afterwards I took a nice walk on the beach. It was a calm sea; there was lots of boat traffic. I saw some of our resident Gray Whales.

dcram9fj34zh.jpg

I also saw the USCG doing a stern tow. It was one USCG boat towing another, so I'm not sure it was practice or they had some trouble out there. I carry a VHF radio, and I heard them alerting to the stern tow but no other details.

bjkxpf97pxpx.jpg

Your job sounds interesting!
    And these photos are gorgeous 😍
  • yogidani77
    Options

Thanks. I think I got lucky and expedited because my friend knows the surgeon and mentioned to his wife I was going to see him. It's good to have friends who know people. Haha. I'm hoping I get some relief soon I'm back not sleeping well because I can't get comfortable or it falls asleep when I lay on it. It's so frustrating

Good Luck with your appointment.
    I hope they can do something to give you some relief 😊
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    yogidani77 wrote: »

Thanks my physio guy asked when would be the best time for me to get surgery. I said as soon as possible So i can recover and be available for curling and skating in spring hahah
  • yogidani77
    Options

Thanks my physio guy asked when would be the best time for me to get surgery. I said as soon as possible So i can recover and be available for curling and skating in spring hahah

Awww....I hope they can get it taken care of for you.
    I wish I could skate. It looks like so much fun! But I have zero coordination :)
    I tried roller skating when I was younger and spent more time on the floor than anything 🤣
    I probably could have gotten it had I lived close to a place where I could practice but the closest skating rink was quite a ways away....sigh...oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, happy Tuesday.
    My doc changed my meds dosage and I’m feeling pretty wiped out. I guess I better research the side-effects again.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

I wish I could skate. It looks like so much fun! But I have zero coordination :)
    I tried roller skating when I was younger and spent more time on the floor than anything 🤣
    I probably could have gotten it had I lived close to a place where I could practice but the closest skating rink was quite a ways away....sigh...oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

you never know. i am super clumsy on land but put me on ice with knives on my feet and i'm all of a sudden the picture of grace and elegance hah a
  • yogidani77
    Options

you never know. i am super clumsy on land but put me on ice with knives on my feet and i'm all of a sudden the picture of grace and elegance hah a

I promise you this would not be me 🤣
    But I admire you for being able to do it!
    I think it’s awesome!!!