The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    yogidani77 wrote: »
    ars371 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I just turned 39 on the 4th. I'm using that as motivations to get back at it to get fit and sexy by the time I hit the big 40.

That’s a great goal!!
    Good luck 🍀
    You got this!!!

Thanks! I'm feeling pretty determined to make this stick, but I'm also realistic and know that I've said the same thing before. I just need to figure out what to get me past the 3-4 month fail that I've done in the past.
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    600 pages!!!
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    5 months ago I stopped using this app and switched to another and had no dice. Decided today to come back here because I was actually losing weight when using this app daily prior to quitting.

100lbs to lose so I’ve got a long journey ahead of me.

Good Luck on your journey. I have been here awhile, trying different things. The one that worked for me was IIFYM(if it fits your macros), walking more steps each day and starting little by little to eat cleaner each day. The more non processed food I eat, the easier this becomes. I was at risk for Type II diabetes.... so I decided to make a change. This has been a pretty cool ride..... again, Congrats on making the decision and Good Luck at putting it into action. Go for the long term results rather than the instant gratification....
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just turned 39 on the 4th. I'm using that as motivations to get back at it to get fit and sexy by the time I hit the big 40.

That’s a great goal!!
    Good luck 🍀
    You got this!!!

Thanks! I'm feeling pretty determined to make this stick, but I'm also realistic and know that I've said the same thing before. I just need to figure out what to get me past the 3-4 month fail that I've done in the past.

I’ve done the same in the past. Having a goal and a deadline does help. This site also helps as @LovePositivity said!
    If you have a good group of supportive friends it helps with accountability and logging food and exercise helps me to stay on track! You just gotta go in with the mind set that you are going to succeed!!
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gorgeous People! A little Tuesday Tough love for us...
    LET'S STAY FOCUSED & SMASH THOSE GOALS!
    ❤💙🖤
    m1y88x6rya28.jpg
  • danceandplay
    Options
    What is Nunavut day in Canada?
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    5 months ago I stopped using this app and switched to another and had no dice. Decided today to come back here because I was actually losing weight when using this app daily prior to quitting.

100lbs to lose so I’ve got a long journey ahead of me.

I'm looking to lose about 100lbs as well. We got this!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    What is Nunavut day in Canada?

Commemorates the day Nunavut split from the Northwest territories and became it's own entity
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 988 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Work has taken to giving me personality tests. Apparently, I am grumpy and I don't like people much. ( I did not need tests to tell me this.)

I have a half hour meeting with HR to discuss my results tomorrow.

I view introspection as a complete waste of time and energy. People encouraging it are likely to be fools or charlatans.

The meeting may be quite good fun.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Work has taken to giving me personality tests. Apparently, I am grumpy and I don't like people much. ( I did not need tests to tell me this.)

I have a half hour meeting with HR to discuss my results tomorrow.

I view introspection as a complete waste of time and energy. People encouraging it are likely to be fools or charlatans.

The meeting may be quite good fun.

I don’t know why but I’m LMAO at this 😂😂😂
    Sorry - I hope you meant it with a bit of humour otherwise I’m just mean...lol. I had a rough day. This helped😊

• danceandplay
    Options

I don’t know why but I’m LMAO at this 😂😂😂
    Sorry - I hope you meant it with a bit of humour otherwise I’m just mean...lol. I had a rough day. This helped😊

🤗 🤗 🤗 I hope you have a better evening.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! HHD!
  • nea2702
    nea2702 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not sure how I have missed this thread before but it looks pretty perfect for me. I am 56 and have lost over 110lbs. Even though i am in maintenance now, I still track and log every day. Please feel free add me as a friend as long as you are active on here :-) Encouraging each other is so important as we all try to become fitter and healthier.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

I wish I could skate. It looks like so much fun! But I have zero coordination :)
    I tried roller skating when I was younger and spent more time on the floor than anything 🤣
    I probably could have gotten it had I lived close to a place where I could practice but the closest skating rink was quite a ways away....sigh...oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️[/quote]

It's never too late! I never skated much as a kid, but started playing ice hockey when I was 30. Started roller skating regularly when I turned 54. Skate at least twice a week now, either ice or roller. Looking to get some inline skates so I can do some outdoor skating.
  • hanga121262
    hanga121262 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Over 50 and an Aussie (don't hold it against me) middle winter here and freezing however my journey is going well..
  • Londoncalling72
    Londoncalling72 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello,

46 year old guy from London UK. Looking for some more international friends. Do feel free to friend request me. Speak soon.....
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »

I wish I could skate. It looks like so much fun! But I have zero coordination :)
    I tried roller skating when I was younger and spent more time on the floor than anything 🤣
    I probably could have gotten it had I lived close to a place where I could practice but the closest skating rink was quite a ways away....sigh...oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's never too late! I never skated much as a kid, but started playing ice hockey when I was 30. Started roller skating regularly when I turned 54. Skate at least twice a week now, either ice or roller. Looking to get some inline skates so I can do some outdoor skating.[/quote]

he's right. i skate with lots of ladies and men who took skating up later in life. Tomorrow I will be going to teach a friend who started skating a few years ago at the tender age of 60-something. he's taken tests and passed them. We'll be working on his next one. he thinks i'm the secret to his success because all the ladies tell him i'm over qualified to teach his level but it's all him, he's a great learning and enthusiastic
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

I probably could have gotten it had I lived close to a place where I could practice but the closest skating rink was quite a ways away....sigh...oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's never too late! I never skated much as a kid, but started playing ice hockey when I was 30. Started roller skating regularly when I turned 54. Skate at least twice a week now, either ice or roller. Looking to get some inline skates so I can do some outdoor skating.

he's right. i skate with lots of ladies and men who took skating up later in life. Tomorrow I will be going to teach a friend who started skating a few years ago at the tender age of 60-something. he's taken tests and passed them. We'll be working on his next one. he thinks i'm the secret to his success because all the ladies tell him i'm over qualified to teach his level but it's all him, he's a great learning and enthusiastic [/quote]

That’s so sweet that you help him out.
    I guess I should have added in my initial comment that there is no where for me to practice really. The nearest skating rink is probably an hour away and the nearest ICE skating rink....I don’t even know....
    It would be difficult for me to get good without practice. I just always thought it looked like so much fun.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

he's right. i skate with lots of ladies and men who took skating up later in life. Tomorrow I will be going to teach a friend who started skating a few years ago at the tender age of 60-something. he's taken tests and passed them. We'll be working on his next one. he thinks i'm the secret to his success because all the ladies tell him i'm over qualified to teach his level but it's all him, he's a great learning and enthusiastic

That’s so sweet that you help him out.
    I guess I should have added in my initial comment that there is no where for me to practice really. The nearest skating rink is probably an hour away and the nearest ICE skating rink....I don’t even know....
    It would be difficult for me to get good without practice. I just always thought it looked like so much fun. [/quote]

ya that's too much effort. My rink is 3 minutes away and i live in Canada so there's basically like 5 rinks in a 5 km radius. your name implies you do yoga so you'd actually be good at it since it involves a lot of core. Not everyone realizes this haha