The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

I am moving desks this weekend. The new one is next to where people keep a giant store of doughnuts and sweets. Since I had Type II, but am now in remission, I will ask for it to be put somewhere else as the temptation may be too great,.

Is your move as a result of your personality tests? How did that turn out
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy Thursday. It's day two if random fever for my boy. I guess I'll take him to the dr and see if they can figure out if he needs anti biotics. I'm sore from my two workout videos i did yesterday. 1.5 hours worth because i had nothing else to Do. Hahah
  • bigdaddylovesbabymomma
    Options
    Sick kids suck. Gope he gets better. Love double dippin at the gym. Afterward, not so much, lol.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I'm meeting a friend to skate tonight he wants some help. So I told Hubs I have to go cause this will be day two at home and I'm gonna start going stir crazy
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    yogidani77 wrote: »
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    well I thought it would be a good idea to switch things up a bit today
    My work-outs consist of light weights, Matt exercises and 45 second bursts of cardio..lots of squats jumping lunges and burpees
    but I thought I would try barre...why not?!
    holllllllly cow I'm afraid of how im going to feel tomorrow.....ouch...I have a feeling walking, sitting might be a challenge..LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAapLQCASOE

Two questions:

1. What is barre?
    2. How do you feel?

Ive heard of it, but wasn't really sure (assumed it had something to do with ballet...it's a heck of a lot of thigh leg work....core strength....stretching..and no ballet barre needed
    and I feel much better today that expected...slightly sore..but not terrible
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

I am moving desks this weekend. The new one is next to where people keep a giant store of doughnuts and sweets. Since I had Type II, but am now in remission, I will ask for it to be put somewhere else as the temptation may be too great,.

The HR interview was a bit disappointing. I mentioned that I thought it was all a load of nonsense, and it ended then at 30 seconds with no arguments.

I've been working at a client's for the last 18 months. The project is ending, so I'm going back to our own offices, hence the desk move.The client is in the same building, so it's not the biggest move imaginable.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have my 30th high school reunion coming up in October and I need to lose 25 pounds! Can I do it before then?
  • Seminolefan22
    Seminolefan22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 39. I have diabetes and a lot to lose but I'll get there.
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have my 30th high school reunion coming up in October and I need to lose 25 pounds! Can I do it before then?

We have 11 weeks before October (assuming your event is at the beginning of the month) 11 x 2 pounds per week is 22 lbs. It is doable if all goes well. You'll have to commit to clean eating and activity to maintain a 2 pound per week loss.
  • AliNouveau
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Afternoon all.

The HR interview was a bit disappointing. I mentioned that I thought it was all a load of nonsense, and it ended then at 30 seconds with no arguments.

I've been working at a client's for the last 18 months. The project is ending, so I'm going back to our own offices, hence the desk move.The client is in the same building, so it's not the biggest move imaginable.

Maybe your personality is more compatible with the people sitting near your new spot. Hahaha. It's funny if an office actually those those things that seriously. Personality tests are fun to take but really we're all so unique
  • danceandplay
    Options

Welcome! I have type 2 myself. I'm enjoying my weightless so far. :smile:
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday. It's day two if random fever for my boy. I guess I'll take him to the dr and see if they can figure out if he needs anti biotics. I'm sore from my two workout videos i did yesterday. 1.5 hours worth because i had nothing else to Do. Hahah

If it makes you feel better it seems that my boys got fever of the wind changed direction and most of the time it turned out to be nothing. I took my oldest to the pediatrician one time with 103.7, emergency flashers on and everything. The doctor did not seemed concerned, I was a little mad at him, but ran some tests couldn’t find anything, and it was gone as quick as it came...
    It does make them feel bad though so I hope he is better soon :)

And have fun skating tonight :)
  • yogidani77
    Options
    well I thought it would be a good idea to switch things up a bit today
    My work-outs consist of light weights, Matt exercises and 45 second bursts of cardio..lots of squats jumping lunges and burpees
    but I thought I would try barre...why not?!
    holllllllly cow I'm afraid of how im going to feel tomorrow.....ouch...I have a feeling walking, sitting might be a challenge..LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAapLQCASOE

Two questions:

1. What is barre?
    2. How do you feel?

Ive heard of it, but wasn't really sure (assumed it had something to do with ballet...it's a heck of a lot of thigh leg work....core strength....stretching..and no ballet barre needed
    and I feel much better today that expected...slightly sore..but not terrible

Sounds interesting....
    I think I’ll do a YouTube search and see what I can find...

MFP started me out with a goal to lose a pound per week. Which is a safe amount and rate of lose but you usually lose at a bit faster rate at the beginning so yep 👍🏼 definitely doable :)
  • yogidani77
    Options

Yes you will!
    It will help with your diabetes for sure and that is a great incentive to do it :)
    Good Luck to you 🤗
  • danceandplay
    Options
    How I track my weight loss trend: ddf19m8f0tik.png
  • AliNouveau
    Options

If it makes you feel better it seems that my boys got fever of the wind changed direction and most of the time it turned out to be nothing. I took my oldest to the pediatrician one time with 103.7, emergency flashers on and everything. The doctor did not seemed concerned, I was a little mad at him, but ran some tests couldn’t find anything, and it was gone as quick as it came...
    It does make them feel bad though so I hope he is better soon :)

And have fun skating tonight :)

Mine is similar. I guess it's just the way their bodies fight the bugs. I am 99% sure he's just getting a cold.
    I took him to the store with me because we were desperate for some groceries. His temp is up but not as high as before thank goodness
  • LilyDaySpa
    LilyDaySpa Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    hdfy5h88nn94.jpeg

Just did 2.3 miles power walk then jog for the morning. Sweating bullets now.

Happy Thursday everyone!!
  • showjefb
    showjefb Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    LilyDaySpa wrote: »
    hdfy5h88nn94.jpeg

Happy Thursday! :)
  • LilyDaySpa
    LilyDaySpa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    showjefb wrote: »
    LilyDaySpa wrote: »
    hdfy5h88nn94.jpeg

Happy Thursday! :)

You too 🙃