The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited July 2019
    Happy Friday!
    My coffee refractometer should be delivered today. So I can add a degree of science to my brewing methods by tracking Total Dissolved Solids amongst other metrics. (I mainly use V60, but I also use French press, syphon and a filter machine depending on the quantity I'm making.)
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Good morning ...Happy Friday!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    LilyDaySpa wrote: »
    hdfy5h88nn94.jpeg

Just did 2.3 miles power walk then jog for the morning. Sweating bullets now.

Happy Thursday everyone!!

Nothing wrong with a good sweat!
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    I'm 39. I have diabetes and a lot to lose but I'll get there.

Hey, you will. I'm in a similar situation, prediabetic, it does get tricky keeping your blood sugar even.
    I have a few tricks up my sleeve I use to help thankfully.
    I have gained a bit of weight over the past few mths and feel like it's going to be a massive effort to get it off again.
    I'll be glad to support u =)
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    I have my 30th high school reunion coming up in October and I need to lose 25 pounds! Can I do it before then?

I reckon u could ;) u look a determined person and that goes a long way.
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    yogidani77 wrote: »
    Happy Thursday. It's day two if random fever for my boy. I guess I'll take him to the dr and see if they can figure out if he needs anti biotics. I'm sore from my two workout videos i did yesterday. 1.5 hours worth because i had nothing else to Do. Hahah

If it makes you feel better it seems that my boys got fever of the wind changed direction and most of the time it turned out to be nothing. I took my oldest to the pediatrician one time with 103.7, emergency flashers on and everything. The doctor did not seemed concerned, I was a little mad at him, but ran some tests couldn’t find anything, and it was gone as quick as it came...
    It does make them feel bad though so I hope he is better soon :)

And have fun skating tonight :)

Mine is similar. I guess it's just the way their bodies fight the bugs. I am 99% sure he's just getting a cold.
    I took him to the store with me because we were desperate for some groceries. His temp is up but not as high as before thank goodness

I hope he is doing better 🥰
    Happy Friday everyone!

One of my most favoritest people ♥️🥰
    Hello 👋🏼
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Happy Friday everyone 😊
    Let’s make it a productive day!!!!
  • jwice78
    jwice78 Posts: 25 Member
    41 here , feel free to add me :)
  • jfdi6960
    jfdi6960 Posts: 76 Member
    Hello, working hard to lose 40 pounds, fighting with depression and very low self-esteem. I need all the support I can get thanks!

Hi Nicole I have similar issues. Good luck with your weight loss
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Thursday. It's day two if random fever for my boy. I guess I'll take him to the dr and see if they can figure out if he needs anti biotics. I'm sore from my two workout videos i did yesterday. 1.5 hours worth because i had nothing else to Do. Hahah

If it makes you feel better it seems that my boys got fever of the wind changed direction and most of the time it turned out to be nothing. I took my oldest to the pediatrician one time with 103.7, emergency flashers on and everything. The doctor did not seemed concerned, I was a little mad at him, but ran some tests couldn’t find anything, and it was gone as quick as it came...
    It does make them feel bad though so I hope he is better soon :)

And have fun skating tonight :)

Mine is similar. I guess it's just the way their bodies fight the bugs. I am 99% sure he's just getting a cold.
    I took him to the store with me because we were desperate for some groceries. His temp is up but not as high as before thank goodness

I hope he is doing better 🥰
    Happy Friday everyone!

One of my most favoritest people ♥️🥰
    Hello 👋🏼

Took him to the dr and just a virus. At least we don't have to worry and end up at a walk in tomorrow
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    It's Friday!!!! Is everyone ready for the weekend?!?!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    jfdi6960 wrote: »
    Hello, working hard to lose 40 pounds, fighting with depression and very low self-esteem. I need all the support I can get thanks!

This community is great for online support and encouragement. I check in here almost every day. It helps me stay on track. You can do this!
  • RageKage78
    RageKage78 Posts: 7 Member

Good luck to both of you, to everyone really!

I am not really new to this site, but I'm in the same position and can always use more encouragement. Going through a divorce and dealing with a lot of changes at work took me out of my routine and I gained 40 lbs over the past 18 months from drinking too much coupled with a horrible diet. Recently as everything is getting closer to finalized, I'm feeling the fog lift and getting my motivation back and I think supporting others going through a similar situation will only help to keep me that much more focused. So feel free to add me too!
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying Stranger Things 3 right now, such nostalgia!
    The music really takes me back. 🙂
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    edited July 2019
    RageKage78 wrote: »

Good luck to both of you, to everyone really!

I am not really new to this site, but I'm in the same position and can always use more encouragement. Going through a divorce and dealing with a lot of changes at work took me out of my routine and I gained 40 lbs over the past 18 months from drinking too much coupled with a horrible diet. Recently as everything is getting closer to finalized, I'm feeling the fog lift and getting my motivation back and I think supporting others going through a similar situation will only help to keep me that much more focused. So feel free to add me too!

I feel ya. Marital issues and ex-marital issues kicked me in the gut too. I lost 40 lbs of progress to that bullpucky. I’m kicking *kitten* now though. You will too!