July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I just checked my calendar and although I may be doing the 5k instead if my ankle doesn’t improve by then, I have a half marathon planned for Nov 2nd, which makes running on the 3rd a no go for me. However I’d like to participate in some way! Last year we ended up running our half the day before Dennis’s relay and there were enough kiwis and such in weird time zones that it ended up connecting to the relay anyway.
    @rheddmobile - I have it starting around 4pm CT which probably won't work for you race but we will figure it out and if we go longer to fit everyone in so be it!
  • shanaber
    Options
    Ok I have gotten the spreadsheet into Google Docs and I think it should be accessible to any of you... can someone take a look and check it for me? That you can access, edit, etc. and also that I have the hours specified correctly.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u1kakszOV9CNZ6ONIzsQjF2Oq8lgpOZh/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!!
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Ok I have gotten the spreadsheet into Google Docs and I think it should be accessible to any of you... can someone take a look and check it for me? That you can access, edit, etc. and also that I have the hours specified correctly.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u1kakszOV9CNZ6ONIzsQjF2Oq8lgpOZh/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!!

I clicked the link and it is in "View Access" only mode. I think the easiest option is to change the ability to edit based on anyone who has the link vs trying to authorize each request. In the top right, there is a "Share" button, click on the advanced options, under "who has access", click Change and from there you will see the options of public, w/link and off (specific people only).
  • shanaber
    Options
    Thanks @kevaasen - that is what I thought I did. I will double check it.
  • shanaber
    Options
    Found it - there was a second option under advanced I had to check. It should be good to go now...
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    July goal: 100 miles

7/2: 6.26 miles
    7/3: 5.51 miles
    7/4: 6.25 miles
    7/7: 9.11 miles
    7/9: 6.23 miles
    7/10: 6.25 miles
    7/11: 6.24 miles
    7/14: 10.04 miles
    7/16: 6.25 miles (Run in Peace @MobyCarp)

62.14/100 miles completed

I dedicated today's run to @MobyCarp. It is hard to believe that he is gone. I thought about him a lot on this run. I learned so much from him over the last couple of years. He always wrote such detailed reports both of his races and his training runs. He was an inspiration and a mentor. It is so sad to think he is gone, but I am glad he went out doing what he loved.

I thought that today's run was going to suck. When I got up at 5:15 this morning it was 78°F with a feels like of 82°F, humidity at 75% and a dew point of 69°. I had my coffee and got dressed and when I got ready to go out at 5:50 I looked again and it was 77°F with a feels like of 77° and humidity at 76% and still a 69° dew point. When I stepped outside it was just hot. I started out and the first mile was pretty tough. But as I ran I settled into a pretty comfortable pace and the run got better. I headed west starting out and the moon was just gorgeous. It was huge and orange and I could just see it over the tops of the trees. I was hoping that the water sprinklers would be on at Mrs. Walton's house like they were the last two Tuesdays and I was not disappointed. So I ran through the sprinklers and that helped to cool me down some. I did get hit in the eye by a gnat and had a couple of them stick to my face. I didn't swallow any though so that was good. And I ran through a couple of spider webs. I scared a dog. He was kind of big and he was sitting on a porch with a couple of cats. When he saw me he started barking, but he wasn't really barking at me. He turned and started barking at the door and someone quickly opened it and he ran inside. I think he thought I was going to get him. It was funny, I could just imagine him saying "someone's coming, quick let me in, let me in!" As I got closer to home and was heading east the sun was coming up over the trees and it was really pretty. So even though it was really hot and muggy this morning it was also a lovely morning to be out. I ended up with 6.25 miles and my pace was pretty good.

Thanks for setting up the spreadsheet @shanaber. I will definitely want to participate. I don't have anything scheduled for that day, but I usually do my long runs on Sundays so I do plan to be running that day so I will sign up for a spot for sure.

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - Cancelled due to weather

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I tried the spreadsheet, and it does allow edits. Thanks for setting it up!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @workaholic_nurse Congratulations on the decision to go for the BSN! I’m working on an app for a spring start. You have to take the TEAS? I made an 81.3 but decided to re-sit for it. Hopefully I can do better than an 85. Or get into PA school. We could be study buddies! Haha!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Wow @mbaker566 that looks really cool! <3
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I will have to double check, but I think I run a marathon on 11/3. Will signup later when I can confirm details.