July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @KatieJane83 - Have you tried alternative lacing patterns and or laces? I gave up trying to find shoes that didn't cause numbness and then someone here recommended the alternative lacing and the stretchy no tie laces (I use Nathan Run Laces from Amazon). I still lace them with more open area over my mid foot and they give when my feet swell so there isn't any pressure on my foot to cause the numbness. It still happens once in a while if I pull them too tight but all in all it has not been a problem for me for a while now.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @KatieJane83 - Have you tried alternative lacing patterns and or laces? I gave up trying to find shoes that didn't cause numbness and then someone here recommended the alternative lacing and the stretchy no tie laces (I use Nathan Run Laces from Amazon). I still lace them with more open area over my mid foot and they give when my feet swell so there isn't any pressure on my foot to cause the numbness. It still happens once in a while if I pull them too tight but all in all it has not been a problem for me for a while now.

Yup, been doing that for years with my beloved Brooks Glycerins (which they changed, grrr, hence my search for new shoes). Been trying it with all the new shoes I've tried too.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    For those of you in N/E USA.. be careful out there! Manage your salt and liquid well! Its a touch crispy out there!

This is hotter than when I was in WDW over the 4th of July weekend, lol. It's just not right! :#

3trh6ynuxj5m.jpg