What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    how unfair it is that my manager and line manager expect me to make all the drinks and clean the kitchen every day bc i'm admin and the only female

Are you sure the fact that your a woman has smoething to do with it? If so, you could go to HR about that, get them written up/fired
  • liaoverbrook
    liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    how unfair it is that my manager and line manager expect me to make all the drinks and clean the kitchen every day bc i'm admin and the only female

Are you sure the fact that your a woman has smoething to do with it? If so, you could go to HR about that, get them written up/fired

theyve told me that as i'm more 'nurturing', i should make drinks for clients/our operatives/three other staff members whenever they want one, regardless of what i'm doing. they've told me that as it looks better coming from a woman, i should be prepared to routinely offer drinks to members of meetings held in the office even if i'm not sitting in on them

• Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings Posts: 5,545 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

theyve told me that as i'm more 'nurturing', i should make drinks for clients/our operatives/three other staff members whenever they want one, regardless of what i'm doing. they've told me that as it looks better coming from a woman, i should be prepared to routinely offer drinks to members of meetings held in the office even if i'm not sitting in on them

Is any of it written in your job description?

You're expected to make drinks for your co-workers?
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options

Yea...that sounds like something HR should know about. If you could get it in writing or recording, that'd be even better. Less of a chance of it being your word vs theirs.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

That *kitten* would not fly with me. “Nurturing” in this case seems to be code for being female.

I once worked for a really wonderful woman, a partner in the company, who absolutely forbade me to do any washing up in the office kitchen. She said it would set us back 30 years. I believe she was right.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    breasts are beautiful because they feed little humans and we shouldn’t have to hide them.

Yet do not wear anything to show them, if little humans aren’t attached.

Noted!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

I'd tell my boss he better bring cab fare to the court house because I'd be driving his beamer back to my place.

You said that just right
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i've been reading spoilers about the new Terminator movie and it sounds like hot garbage which makes me sad cause i've always liked the series. maybe it'll be awesome though who knows

but i really want someone to make a Terminator movie where the machine doesn't, yknow, take the form of a buff guy like Arnold, or creepy murderous looking Robert Patrick.

I want a movie where the Terminator is played by Warwick Davis instead. if the Terminator's mission is to infiltrate and then kill people by getting close to them, he's the perfect choice honestly because nobody would ever expect it.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i've been reading spoilers about the new Terminator movie and it sounds like hot garbage which makes me sad cause i've always liked the series. maybe it'll be awesome though who knows

but i really want someone to make a Terminator movie where the machine doesn't, yknow, take the form of a buff guy like Arnold, or creepy murderous looking Robert Patrick.

I want a movie where the Terminator is played by Warwick Davis instead. if the Terminator's mission is to infiltrate and then kill people by getting close to them, he's the perfect choice honestly because nobody would ever expect it.

I like your story line...I'd watch it!
  • etelfer39
    etelfer39 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Daydreaming of chest pumps.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    All the stuffs I should be accomplishing today but it's grossly hot and sticky outside so I'm sitting here instead.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I was crabby while cleaning the basement but since I’ve had a good chuckle I don’t seem to be minding all this packing and reorganizing. I’m gonna be sore later that’s for sure.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

Looks like a series I'd rather binge watch vs a week to week viewing. Although, my curiosity would likely get the better of me .
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yennefer is totally inaccurate but main guy looks great
    Yeah, I feel the same way. Henry Cavill looks great as Geralt, but Anya Chalotra is completely wrong for Yennefer. There is zero resemblance whatsoever. Yenn was my favourite character (and go-to love interest in the series), so I'm extremely biased regarding this lol.

Granted, there are rumours that Yennefer is actually much, much older than she looks and is using magic to alter her appearance. So I guess there is a little bit of leeway, but it's still somewhat annoying.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    yennefer is totally inaccurate but main guy looks great
    Yeah, I feel the same way. Henry Cavill looks great as Geralt, but Anya Chalotra is completely wrong for Yennefer. There is zero resemblance whatsoever. Yenn was my favourite character (and go-to love interest in the series), so I'm extremely biased regarding this lol.

Granted, there are rumours that Yennefer is actually much, much older than she looks and is using magic to alter her appearance. So I guess there is a little bit of leeway, but it's still somewhat annoying.

Which actress would you have selected instead? My pick would have been a young Jennifer Connely, factoring in that Yennefer was meant to have been a Sorceress, a legendary dark haired beauty with violet eyes, well into the mid to upper 90s in age, who had used her craft to stave off the effects of aging.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    I’m sofa king bored - why can’t I sleep ??