July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Going stir crazy in this heat not being able to get outside and do stuff. :|
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    So, despite my slow start and a long lasting migraine slowing progress last week, I am sitting at about 25 miles for the month between walking and running. So, not completely horrible, but not where I need to be, for sure. I still need to work on increasing leg mileage and decreasing fork mileage.

In other news, my new shiny came in.... and tried my first run with it tonight.
    vu5v7dkhoxsa.jpeg

Anyone have good suggestions for Garmin for dummies/luddites? (Aka wtf do I do now???)

Like others said, get the manual and just play with it, while inside, and not on the run. Once you set out on your run you really want to not have to press any buttons (cept maybe lap if you use that feature). Let it update you with beeps (or via the cell phone app words). Pick a display that has as little on it as possible to use while running. I have messed up many runs when I tried the fancy "race faces" and whatnot. Pace, workout time, distance are all I have mine display.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Love the pictures. Hobbes is adorable!

@jele30 Great race results! Hope your Achilles feels better.

@Avidkeo That was a lot of exercise in one day! I hope you aren't too sore today!

Thanks @katharmonic . Sounds like a nice hike and run. Sorry the beer wasn't as satisfying as you had pictured in your head. I hate it when that happens!

@martaindale Love that you enjoyed your rainy run. One of my favorite runs years ago was when I got caught out in the rain. I started singing "Singing in the Rain" and dancing down the road. I'm sure my neighbors thought I had lost my mind!

@T1DCarnivoreRunner Sorry that you fell in the mud, but glad you weren't hurt. Other than that, sounds like you had a couple of great runs.

@PastorVincent Hope the weather peeps are right and you can get in a nice run.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Sat. - Went to Memphis again to run around Shelby Farms Park. Headed out on the Greenline (paved bike / pedestrian trail) and decided to venture off on some of the dirt trails I saw. This is right alongside the Wolf River, and there was a spot with really slippery mud. I ended up falling pretty hard. No injuries, except to my pride. And I was very muddy as a result. After I got back on the Greenline and as I was going back through the park, I got a lot of funny looks... probably because I was covered in mud. People can judge if they want; they missed out on the good trails anyway. I was intentionally going slow this time as I tried to stay in aerobic HR zones during long runs. Ended with 13.02 miles.

Sorry, you feel, but at least you were camouflaged from the Predator! :)