Share Food Diary

Options
Does anyone want to share their food Diary with me? What I mean is, to have a person that I can send mine to at the end of the day and vice versa? I know it may sound silly but I think that it would help me be more accountable for what I do. Writing everything down certainly helps, but I think the 'newness' of that has worn off for me.

I am AWESOME throughout the day but around 7 or so I get the nighttime snack attack cravings. I think that if I knew I had to show another person what I eat each day I would think twice before binging on late night stuff.

Anybody?

We could even start a thread and post it on that each day or something? Anyways just a thought.

Replies

• jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Does anyone want to share their food Diary with me? What I mean is, to have a person that I can send mine to at the end of the day and vice versa? I know it may sound silly but I think that it would help me be more accountable for what I do. Writing everything down certainly helps, but I think the 'newness' of that has worn off for me.

I am AWESOME throughout the day but around 7 or so I get the nighttime snack attack cravings. I think that if I knew I had to show another person what I eat each day I would think twice before binging on late night stuff.

Anybody?

We could even start a thread and post it on that each day or something? Anyways just a thought.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for that. :smile:
    That extra bit of accountability is always a great boost.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I'd be up to it also.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    Cool, thank-you for the responses! :flowerforyou:

Did you guys want to post it in a thread or message each other everyday? I think a thread would be easier, but then EVERYBODY could see it (which actually could be an extreme motivator?). Thoughts?
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Yikes! I'm not the best eater in the world so even the thought of three people is intimidating but I think we should try for a thread!

Why not!? May as well just bare it all to the world!!!

Haha.
  • Super_mom
    Options
    i'd like to do that too
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yea!!! Have always wanted to suggest this, me and a friend used to do years ago and I LOVED it!
    Soooo, when do we start? When do we post it? End of day?
    Doing my happy dance!:drinker: :drinker:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Yea!!! Have always wanted to suggest this, me and a friend used to do years ago and I LOVED it!

I love your quote Dawn!
    My cat stares at me and I stare back in case she's plotting my demise!!!!

Also, I will be posting first thing in the morning because I don't log on at night most days. :smile: But I don't think it matters so long as we indicate which day we're posting logs of?
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options

I love your quote Dawn!
    My cat stares at me and I stare back in case she's plotting my demise!!!!

Also, I will be posting first thing in the morning because I don't log on at night most days. :smile: But I don't think it matters so long as we indicate which day we're posting logs of?

My husband's thought on cat's ""I don't want a pet smarter than me" :laugh: :laugh: Well, we don't have to worry about that our dog has dainbramage.
    I'll probably do it at night, but it helps giving others a ohh, I never thought of having that. That's why I like it.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    So we have a few questions that need to be answered:

1) Should we have a thread for each day or just one big one that we can keep adding to and start a second one when it gets too big.

2) Should we post at the beginning of the day or the end of the day?

3) Should we do measurements too or just stick with the food diary thing?

4) Does everybody know how to post pictures (aka food diary) or do I need to post instructions?

Any other questions, please post! :)
  • nickybr38
    Options
    So we have a few questions that need to be answered:

1) Should we have a thread for each day or just one big one that we can keep adding to and start a second one when it gets too big.

2) Should we post at the beginning of the day or the end of the day?

3) Should we do measurements too or just stick with the food diary thing?

4) Does everybody know how to post pictures (aka food diary) or do I need to post instructions?

Any other questions, please post! :)

My take on the questions.

1) One long post so as not to clog up the traffic around here with a billion posts. :)

2) I think people should post when they can. Haha. I say this because I'm only really on in the mornings and afternoons but very rarely am I on in the evening/end of day.

3) Hm. We can do measurements as well as food diary I suppose, but maybe just once a month on top of the diary?

4) I think I've figured out how to post pictures. :bigsmile:
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies...I am relatively new to this site...but, I am very interested in posting my food choices for the day. I have been fortunate to eat mostly what I want until now - it certainly catches up to you in your late 30's....lol I would also appreciate/welcome ANY comments/suggestions/pointers on my choices. I am trying to eat healthier and get the most from my food choices....I have lived off of poptarts, hot wings and burgers for sooooo long now. uuuuugggghhhhh! I am working out about 45 mins 3-4 times moderate intensity. Again, maybe not so much for weight loss, but more bang for my buck with my choices.

Not sure if this is how you wanted the info posted...please correct me if it is different.

2/25/2009
    Bfast - 1 pkg poptarts - Frosted Strawberry (I used to eat 2 pkgs per day and I am limiting myself to 1 per day to wean myself off)

Lunch - Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich - yum

Snack - 1 cup choc milk

Dinner - leaf lettuce (2 cups) 1 medium tomatoe, diced onion and 4 oz chicken breast and 2 tbsp greek
    gazebo salad dressing

will probably eat a medium banana after working out.....

MFP says I am at about 1130 calories so far......any thoughts

Thanks
    ~Sheryl
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Slimbody Matrix - Protein Shake Mix, 3 tbsp 140 calories
    WestSoy - Soy Slender Soymilk Cappuccino, 1 serving(s) 70 calories
    Total Breakfast Calories 210

Snack 1
    South Beach Diet - High Protein Cereal Bar - Maple Nut, 1 bar 140 calories
    Total Snack Calories 140

Lunch
    Subway - 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast on Wheat, 6 " sandwich 345 calories
    Subway - Pepperjack Cheese Slices, 2 triangles/ 11 grams 50 calories
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1.5 cup 135 calories
    Total Lunch Calories 530

Snack 2
    HomeMade - pistachio layer dessert, 3 inch square 520 calories
    Total Snack Calories 520

Dinner
    Generic - Ahi Tuna Steak (Raw), 4 oz 124 calories
    Birds Eye - Baby Sweet Peas, 2/3 cup 70 calories
    Green Giant - Baby Sweet Peas & Butter Sauce, 0.2475 cup 26 calories
    Rosetto - Cheese Tortellini, 1 cup 240 calories
    Classico-Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce - Alfredo Sauce, 1/8 cup (60g) 35 calories
    Total Dinner Calories 495

Total Calories Consumed: 1,895
    Your Daily Goal: 1,900 calories
    Remaining: 5 calories

Ummmm.... Would have been a really great day if I hadn't picked up that piece of pistachio torte! But yummy anyways, and I still didn't go over in calories!

Edit* Just so you know... I earned 600 calories working out today....
  • jdelisle
    Options
    25Feb09-1.jpg

Well tonight I had class, so I didn't really eat anything after 6:00. I know I didn't eat enough today but thats okay, it's only once a week and there are other days I overeat by as much.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    Breakfast
    Slimbody Matrix - Protein Shake Mix, 3 tbsp 140 calories
    WestSoy - Soy Slender Soymilk Cappuccino, 1 serving(s) 70 calories
    Total Breakfast Calories 210

Snack 1
    South Beach Diet - High Protein Cereal Bar - Maple Nut, 1 bar 140 calories
    Total Snack Calories 140

Lunch
    Subway - 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast on Wheat, 6 " sandwich 345 calories
    Subway - Pepperjack Cheese Slices, 2 triangles/ 11 grams 50 calories
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1.5 cup 135 calories
    Total Lunch Calories 530

Snack 2
    HomeMade - pistachio layer dessert, 3 inch square 520 calories
    Total Snack Calories 520

Dinner
    Generic - Ahi Tuna Steak (Raw), 4 oz 124 calories
    Birds Eye - Baby Sweet Peas, 2/3 cup 70 calories
    Green Giant - Baby Sweet Peas & Butter Sauce, 0.2475 cup 26 calories
    Rosetto - Cheese Tortellini, 1 cup 240 calories
    Classico-Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce - Alfredo Sauce, 1/8 cup (60g) 35 calories
    Total Dinner Calories 495

Total Calories Consumed: 1,895
    Your Daily Goal: 1,900 calories
    Remaining: 5 calories

Ummmm.... Would have been a really great day if I hadn't picked up that piece of pistachio torte! But yummy anyways, and I still didn't go over in calories!

Edit* Just so you know... I earned 600 calories working out today....

Your dinner sounds yummy! I've really been craving pasta lately... My aunt has this recipe for cool whip pasta (sounds crazy but its DELICIOUS) so this weekend I think I might try it out!
  • jdelisle
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies...I am relatively new to this site...but, I am very interested in posting my food choices for the day. I have been fortunate to eat mostly what I want until now - it certainly catches up to you in your late 30's....lol I would also appreciate/welcome ANY comments/suggestions/pointers on my choices. I am trying to eat healthier and get the most from my food choices....I have lived off of poptarts, hot wings and burgers for sooooo long now. uuuuugggghhhhh! I am working out about 45 mins 3-4 times moderate intensity. Again, maybe not so much for weight loss, but more bang for my buck with my choices.

Not sure if this is how you wanted the info posted...please correct me if it is different.

2/25/2009
    Bfast - 1 pkg poptarts - Frosted Strawberry (I used to eat 2 pkgs per day and I am limiting myself to 1 per day to wean myself off)

Lunch - Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich - yum

Snack - 1 cup choc milk

Dinner - leaf lettuce (2 cups) 1 medium tomatoe, diced onion and 4 oz chicken breast and 2 tbsp greek
    gazebo salad dressing

will probably eat a medium banana after working out.....

MFP says I am at about 1130 calories so far......any thoughts

Thanks
    ~Sheryl

You can post however is most convenient for you :)

:flowerforyou:

I think that your day looks pretty good! I too have a sweet tooth, but mine usually kicks in later in the day. I'm trying to reduce my sugar intake but I sometimes crave it like crazy!
  • aml0484
    Options
    jdelisle how to I post a picture of my food log like you did?
  • jdelisle
    Options

You have to sign up for photobucket (its free, and I only use my account for this kind of stuff). While on your food diary, you press 'Print screen' (which should be above your right hand number pad above your keyboard), open 'paint' and hit paste. Save it. Go into your photobucket account, upload the picture and it gives you a IMG code. You just change the IMG's to small img's. It sounds complicated but its actually pretty simple.
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    Okay ladies....I am so happy...such a mental breakthrough I had this morning! Now, please keep in mind that I have eaten a pkg of Frosted Strawberry Poptarts EVERYDAY for the past 5 years!!! Well, since I started this a few weeks ago with increasing my activity level, I crash at about 10 AM and feel like crap. Well, this morning, I made myself 2 dippy eggs with 2 pieces of toast and feel amazing!!! Here it is 10:30 AM and still feeling strong! I am going to try and not eat my poptarts every other day to start and go from there. Will be enjoying my pb&j for lunch too....that seems to last me til about 4, then I do need a small snack before dinner. But, it is cheap and very convenient and easy. Don't have to worry about where to go for lunch and blow 800 calories! Anyway, just wanted to share my small accomplishment! Knowing that I will be posting for all to see certainly is motivational! Funny how something so simple can help keep us line!
    ~Sheryl
  • aml0484
    Options

You have to sign up for photobucket (its free, and I only use my account for this kind of stuff). While on your food diary, you press 'Print screen' (which should be above your right hand number pad above your keyboard), open 'paint' and hit paste. Save it. Go into your photobucket account, upload the picture and it gives you a IMG code. You just change the IMG's to small img's. It sounds complicated but its actually pretty simple.
    Thank you jdelisle! Sounds simple enough. I think its something I will have to try and do at night instead of at work. So I will try and post yesterdays and todays tonight