What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Very disheartened to see the awful neighborhood i left in the 90's, is even worse now. Didnt think it was possible......

Hugs. Guessing the differing waves of residents in your old neighbourhood with little to no improvements from the City or landlords, obviously compounded the disrepair, not to mention noted increases in gangs and gang violence throughout NYC lower income neighborhoods. Gentrification of certain areas can only do so much.

Is your old neighbourhood one that falls under Trump's "Opportunity zones "? Apparently 600 neighborhoods qualify. Am guessing it may have been why Amazon thought to have their headquarters in the Bronx which was not supported by AOC, hence their withdrawal.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    How do you take a selfie in public without feeling like an *kitten*? Not judging others - I enjoy your pictures. It’s just I’d be mortified to pose in front of a gym mirror or fall off a cliff.
  • jedoubleday
    jedoubleday Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Too many things for the morning. What do I need to pack for vacation, have I allocated enough money for vacation, why am I so tired this morning, is it going to be hot today, why is my breakfast this morning not filling, is this area 51 thing real, why does my left foot feel bigger then the right, did I put my underwear on backwards, is someone making toast, how cute the person above me is, did I kiss my pup good bye this morning. Okay I am starting to understand why I am tired.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Too many things for the morning. What do I need to pack for vacation, have I allocated enough money for vacation, why am I so tired this morning, is it going to be hot today, why is my breakfast this morning not filling, is this area 51 thing real, why does my left foot feel bigger then the right, did I put my underwear on backwards, is someone making toast, how cute the person above me is, did I kiss my pup good bye this morning. Okay I am starting to understand why I am tired.

Coffee, the first thing to do and think before all the other thoughts jump in.

Enjoy your vacation 💜
  • jedoubleday
    Options

Coffee, the first thing to do and think before all the other thoughts jump in.

Enjoy your vacation 💜[/quote]

coffee helped

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Food
    The coffee just makes it worse.
    A giant breakfast buffet would be wonderful.
    Drool,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    well thanks to honeybee a giant breakfast buffet

before that .. nope can't remember now I want the buffet
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    Sometimes the people that seem to be the kindest and most liked, are the fakest and the cruelest of them all.

I find that to be very accurate

I was wondering if you have 100+ friends on here you support how you find the time to support them all?
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    Sometimes the people that seem to be the kindest and most liked, are the fakest and the cruelest of them all.

I can relate to this, particularly with family members and that’s the worst.

• jedoubleday
    Options

Yes this.. Like they tell everyone all these amazing things and you are looking at them like you know I know you right.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    When you’re peopling, can’t find black leggings for under a dress and choose black workout pants. 🤷🏻‍♀️

too hot for real pants
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

I find that to be very accurate

I was wondering if you have 100+ friends on here you support how you find the time to support them all?

I don’t like adding many people on here as well for this exact reason. Yet I’ve had some people request me more than once, that told me they were offended that I didn’t accept the request. I have also been offended for the exact same reason so I understand. I have also offended others by deleting them simply because we’ve never interacted and vice versa.

I’ve come to the conclusion that just because I value my friendships in a certain manor I can’t expect people to live up to my expectations, and vice versa. No matter how hard you try, you will always offend someone.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

This is true. Unfortunately sometimes the most poisonous people are disguised as family members. It’s sad when family is supposed to be our safe haven, and you only end up mostly finding the deepest heartaches.
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    Worried about my mom who got admitted in the hospital this morning 😔

Sending prayers that all is well with her