What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider this a NSV per se, but kind of. I bought a mainstream (almost) sized bra, off the shelf, in a "regular" store (Target).

I bought a 32DDD bra, off the shelf, in Target. I haven't bought an off the shelf bra since before I had kids. Granted they don't usually carry 32DDD (or 32DD for that matter) in-store, but they have a ton of bras for an affordable $9.99-$21.99 on Target.com in a 32DDD....I'm so over paying $65+ for bras!

I'm not sure this is weight loss related, more muscle related. If I just lost weight I'd probably still be buying 28 band bras online. Beefing up my back muscles has allowed me to get back into "mainstream" sizes (kind of).

This is definitely a big deal! I wear a 34G (UK sizing because it's impossible to find a bra in the US that fits me) and I have had to order bras online for so long now that I can't remember what it's like to buy a bra off the shelf...and there was a time I was trying to buy off the shelf and I was definitely in the wrong size.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I recently was offered and accepted a job that I’m really excited about! In the interview when I asked him what attributes he was looking for in the person he was going to be hiring he said dedication. That’s when I got real with him. I could have spouted nonsense about how I always show up to work early and I’ve always had great relationships with coworkers. But instead I went personal and I told him “look, I’m going to get real and personal... you want someone who’s dedicated? Over the past 3.5 years I lost 130+ lbs and maintained that for quite some time now. I’m in the gym lifting multiple times a week. I’m running in 10k’s. I wake up every morning and make the choice to live a healthy life. I do it for my wife and daughter. You want dedicated? I can’t tell you anything else that will prove my dedication to a cause more than that. I believe who we are in our personal lives reflects a lot of who we are at work. And that’s the kind of person I’ve worked hard to become.” (Then I did a little internal mic drop).

Wow I know you are proud and you look younger also!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!