July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    So yay me! Looks like I am going to have A LOT more free time soon. Like 50-60 hours a week will be freed up! Yay! Of course, that is because we were all told today that my workplace was folding and we no longer have jobs, but you know, that just means no money for food and stuff. :)

Not a doubt in my mind that you'll land on your feet - the perfect landing for a runner.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    7-1 rest
    7-2 7k intervals
    7-3 7k moderate
    7-4 rest
    7-5 7k slow
    7-6 7k slow(er)
    7-7 7k slow
    7-8 rest
    7-9 7k intervals
    7-10 7k moderate
    7-11 rest
    7-12 7k moderate
    7-13 11k slow
    7-14 7k moderate
    7-15 rest
    7-16 7k intervals
    7-17 7k moderate
    7-18 rest
    7-19 7k easy
    7-20 7k slow
    7-21 7k moderately easy
    7-22 rest
    7-23 7k moderate
    7-24 7k moderate
    7-25 rest

July Total: 123k
    July Goal: 150k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k
    June Total: 161.5k

Monthly average: 148.1k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Scheduled rest day today. Golf instead of running.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K - 31:34 chip time; 31/77 overall; second male 65 and older (no official category)
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,973 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Then I went in and burned at least another 100 calories fighting to get my sports bra off
    Hahaha I know the feeling. That's why I have started buying ones with hooks in the back. They are so much easier to get on and off.

@PastorVincent So sorry to hear your news. As everyone else has said, take a little time to yourself and regroup, then get out there and dazzle them! Hope the perfect job comes your way soon!

@Scott6255 WTG on the PR for the 5K. This Fall weather in July is fantastic!!

I'm leaving today for a week's long trip - 2 days of driving to IN, cousin's wedding, sight seeing, visiting with family, 2 days of driving home. Probably won't get any running in, but am hoping for a couple of good walks. I'll try to check in, but may mostly "stalk" since I have a hard time commenting much when using my phone. Good luck to everyone who has a race this weekend!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    So yay me! Looks like I am going to have A LOT more free time soon. Like 50-60 hours a week will be freed up! Yay! Of course, that is because we were all told today that my workplace was folding and we no longer have jobs, but you know, that just means no money for food and stuff. :)

sorry, man. that sucks.
    (and stuff=race entry fees)

change is hard(for me) but hopefully this will create a new adventure for all involved

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I’m on “vacation” house and dog sitting for a friend. She’s an elderly dog lover whose elderly dogs passed away a few years ago, and rather than adopt a new dog which might outlive her, she has taken in senior dogs which have been rejected by other adopters because of their age and other issues. The two dogs are sweeties. Anna was a puppy mill momma before being rescued by animal control and has crippled feet because of years of living in a tiny crate - she can barely hobble, but likes to be ridden around in a stroller. Mister Checkers outlived his first owner, was adopted, rejected and sent back because he has incontinence issues. He’s a cheerful little old deaf guy.

There is a special place in heaven for this lady! Bless her heart for taking those fur babies in! They are so cute!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Apologies for the multi post, forums freaked out
  • rheddmobile
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Post error
  • rheddmobile
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Post error
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    aw they look so cute @rheddmobile

on another note. where did @7lenny7 go?
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Then I went in and burned at least another 100 calories fighting to get my sports bra off

:D:D There should be a way to log this in MFP. Sports bra, removing. Or something like that.

Am I literally the only woman in the whole world who needs help getting the stupid thing pulled down and unrolled in the back, but never have a single issue just grabbing it cross armed and extending my arms up over my head to remove it (dripping sweat all over the bathroom after a run)? I keep hearing about how difficult you all find them to remove, and I'm confused that I think that's the easy part - I have a workout before the workout to get dressed!

Is it a boob size thing? I'm not particularly blessed. OTOH, I don't need a lot of support, and that's a blessing.