The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I did not know that! Austin arrived at 2:56 am 6lbs 9oz 20 1/2” long :))))))
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @dlbohl1991 !
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Thank you
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Hope mom and the baby are doing well. :smile:
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Just brought him home today #3rdandstillnervous6txwgn0mv5di.jpeg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Cute kid. :smile:
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Thank you:)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    He's adorable!! Congrats!!!

I'm back from my weekend off. Just me and hubs again, no bonus son as his cousins are still in town. We stayed in town, had dinner at a couple new places, and saw Toy Story 4. How was everyone else's weekend?
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Pretty awesome back to work for a second shift tomorrow and a third shift Wednesday and Thursday:/
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That's a super cute baby!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got another vet in. Having time off is really nice. My kids actually remember who I am when I come home. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @sufferlandrian - that's fantastic!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I still get called in to help with cases but I don't spend all night and I live pretty close so it's easy to slip in and out. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian That's awesome
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Hey all
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's getting to be a long night already. I don't mind the cases, but when an owner calls to talk to you about their dog and the conversation quickly turns to how disappointed they are because you didn't give her a follow up call, I don't have time for that. I'm not the regular vet. I'm the ER. Does the human ER call with follow up calls to see how you're doing? I think not. I've never gotten a follow up call. If you want that level of care where you can see someone at any hour of the day or night and expect follow up calls, hire a personal vet.

I'll get off my soapbox now.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Helllewwww out there! Congrats on the new vet!
    Had an interesting evening on RCMP Volunteer Citizens Patrol tonight. Spent quite a bit of time at the beach doing PR - handing out fun stickers and 'tattoos' to the kids while we chatted up the parents - gave out a few safety warning reminder slips. You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to safely hook up their boat trailers to the hitches and trucks. Mainly safety chain violations. Some of them don't even know how to hook up the boat to the trailer, heheh!
    1qny4lnneqia.png
    from one of the local newspapers last week...
    When officers arrived at the intersection, they found an 18-foot bowrider vessel sitting hull-down on the pavement, with the truck and trailer that had recently been towing it parked nearby.

Sgt. Murray McNeil of the RCMP said officers noted the trailer was being towed without two safety chains and with no lights connected.

McNeil said the driver of the truck, a Sherwood Park, Alta. resident, was charged with transporting an insecure load and failing to adequately connect the trailer to the tow vehicle.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. I'm wondering how fast they accelerated to get the boat to slide off the trailer and where were the straps and safety chain? Did they think it would just hang on? :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Um, they don't just sit on the trailer!?!?!? What!?

Never a dull moment in public safety. I just took a call for a woman screaming bc she didn't know it would cost $30 to have a cab take her home and she only has $2. How was she suppose to know!? Thankfully, it's not in our city limits so the sheriff's office has to go handle that fun stuff.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    How can you not know? It says right on the side how much it is to even get in the cab. 🤔