Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Just a quick check-in to log my protein. Yesterday and today weren't so great, but I was under my calorie goal, so there's that. Heading to New Glarus for the weekend. I will do my best to make good choices and log, though I'm sure much of it will be estimates.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 196 (7/6/19)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 =
    8/3/19=
    8/10/19=

Protein at 100+ grams:
    Fri 7/19 = 91
    Sat 7/20 = 75
    Sun 7/21 = 94
    Mon 7/22 = 99
    Tues 7/23 = 93
    Wed 7/24 = 80
    Thurs 7/25 = 81
  • jeannalyn1227
    jeannalyn1227 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi there! I'm Jeanna. I have 150+ to lose. I'm 47 and 5ft 5in. Been on MGP for close to 2 weeks. And it's working! I take medication that really really slows my ability to lose weight but that's not going to stop me.
    Feel free to friend me!

Highest weight about 4 yrs ago - 389
    Current wait - 312
  • EvansMomNL
    EvansMomNL Posts: 1 Member
    Hi There, my name is Jillian and I have 100+lbs to lose. I started back in May and have had lots of ups and downs but I've lost 14lbs so far. When I first started my goal was to lose 1lb per week, which I'm on track for thankfully, but like everyone I would like to see bigger results quicker. TGIF to everyone!

SW 341.6
    CW 327
  • JJKM73
    JJKM73 Posts: 32 Member
    Hi there, My name is Jodi and I have over a 100.pounds to lose. I had lost about fifty pounds 14 months ago and was doing awesome, then I slowly fell off the wagon completely. I was feeling like I was in a rut and totally annoyed with myself. So I did some hard soul searching this week and remembered what I had done to be successful before....one was to join MFP and read these conversations...and participate in them! I also had eliminated most sugar from my eating. So here I am! Day two! But recommitted to losing weight and being accountable. Thanks!
  • amandajoyb
    amandajoyb Posts: 14 Member
    Good Morning! I'd like to introduce myself and ask a little guidance. I have over 100lbs to lose and am looking for a small accountability group to help me along the way. I've used most of the weight loss diets out there and have had the most luck with a modified version of keto. I go to the gym to keep my emotional health steady (love those endorphins!) and try to control binge tendencies.

If any of you know of or belong to a small accountability group that has some room for one more, please let me know. If I know anything at all, it is that I cannot do this without some outside support.
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2019
    @amandajoyb
    @JJKM73
    @EvansMomNL
    @jeannalyn1227
    @gjet3168
    @missbehave_1

Welcome to all the new people!
    For me this thread is a place to share both ups and downs with a group of people that ‘get it’.
    MFP has so many different groups of people at so many different fitness levels that just don’t understand how someone can be 100# plus or more pounds overweight and what that even means in terms of navigating both social and physical barriers.

Many posts don’t get responses but be assured there are many lurkers here that follow the battle of the bulge we wage war against!
    Mostly it’s a place to document our victories and losses(the good kind) both big and tiny.

For those who don’t already follow The_Movie_Chair, you might check out her blog.
    You want to start with her very beginning set of posts because the whole journey is built on the foundation she sets there. It’s a good rabbit hole to go down😁

• jeannalyn1227
    Teerai wrote: »
    @amandajoyb
    @JJKM73
    @EvansMomNL
    @jeannalyn1227
    @gjet3168
    @missbehave_1

Welcome to all the new people!
    For me this thread is a place to share both ups and downs with a group of people that ‘get it’.
    MFP has so many different groups of people at so many different fitness levels that just don’t understand how someone can be 100# plus or more pounds overweight and what that even means in terms of navigating both social and physical barriers.

Many posts don’t get responses but be assured there are many lurkers here that follow the battle of the bulge we wage war against!
    Mostly it’s a place to document our victories and losses(the good kind) both big and tiny.

For those who don’t already follow The_Movie_Chair, you might check out her blog.
    You want to start with her very beginning set of posts because the whole journey is built on the foundation she sets there. It’s a good rabbit hole to go down😁

Thank you! I'm looking forward to this journey with folks that understand.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Wow, I go away for the weekend and the thread blows up with newlings!

@amandajoyb --This is my accountability group. I find coming here often and reporting in my successes and slips helps me stay honest with myself.

@JJKM73 --I also want to cut out most sugar--at least processed sugar--and had set a protein goal to help me sub in more protein. I failed at that goal spectacularly this past weekend while on vacation, but I'm ready to get right back to it this week. :)

@EvansMomNL --looks like you are off to a great start!

@jeannalyn1227 --Yes, this thread is great because we all can relate.

Welcome to all of you!! It's exciting to have some new blood in the mix. If you want to make it easier to find your way back here, make sure you add the thread to your favorites by clicking on the little star right above the search icon and page numbers for this page.

We used to set up monthly challenges (sometimes fitness. sometimes nutrition) that members would modify to fit their personal needs. If folks are interested we could come up with something for August.

AFM-- Well, let me just say that Wisconsin is NOT the vacation destination for healthy eating. LOL! I ate a lot of foods I normally avoid--beer, fried cheese, pizza, ice cream, etc. I didn't even bother trying to log it all, but I'm going forward under two assumptions: 1) I was over my calorie allowance, and 2) I didn't meet my protein goal. Starting with a clean slate this week and I will add in some extra exercise to make up for any overage on the weekend. On the plus side, we did quite a bit of walking, especially Saturday with was the day I ate/drank the most.

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19=
    8/10/19=

Protein at 100+ grams:
    Mon 7/29 =
    Tues 7/30 =
    Wed 7/31 =
    Thurs 8/1 =
    Fri 8/2 =
    Sat 8/3 =
    Sun 8/4 =
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    raindogmaa wrote: »

The weird thing was, the scale at the house I'm sitting said 187 this morning. I went home to check on Kitten and my scale said 181.3. I stepped on it numerous times. I can't trust it. It's a trick... a good trick. So I'll see what my home scale says tomorrow. Don't get me wrong... I would be THRILLED if my scale was correct... but we've all been on that rollercoaster and I just can't trust it... especially after all the wrong food I consumed.

Coming out of lurkdom to ask which scale was right lol. The curiosity is getting to me! 😉
  • amandajoyb
    Thank you for the welcome @Teerai and @skinnyjeanzbound

My plan for the next few days is to start small, like really small. Water. I have been on a caffeine high for the last few months (coffee/diet coke) and figure I should get some good sleep sometime soon. Today I'll start alternating coffee/water and just avoid the diet coke. I hope I don't fall asleep at my desk...

Have a great Monday All!

Amanda
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    HazelMayes wrote: »

The weird thing was, the scale at the house I'm sitting said 187 this morning. I went home to check on Kitten and my scale said 181.3. I stepped on it numerous times. I can't trust it. It's a trick... a good trick. So I'll see what my home scale says tomorrow. Don't get me wrong... I would be THRILLED if my scale was correct... but we've all been on that rollercoaster and I just can't trust it... especially after all the wrong food I consumed.

Coming out of lurkdom to ask which scale was right lol. The curiosity is getting to me! 😉

Ha ha! unfortunately it was the 187 scale! I am currently off the rails, trying to get my mojo back. What a difference a day makes! Both ways!
  • HazelMayes
    Ha ha! unfortunately it was the 187 scale! I am currently off the rails, trying to get my mojo back. What a difference a day makes! Both ways!

Aw, man, I was really hoping it was the lower scale :p I had a scale that was showing me lower numbers than expected and it turned out the kids had cracked one of the feet and it couldn’t read properly anymore. Talk about disappointing lol. I keep my scale in the cupboard now 😉
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @cyndy-- I'm also struggling to get back on track. We brought fudge, beer, and brats home from our weekend trip to Wisconsin, so today wasn't stellar.

@HazelMayes -- Haha--I was also wondering and hoping for the lower number for cyndy.

@amanda-- I tend to drink a lot of water, so I don't really keep track. However, I tend to drink even more when I'm paying attention. Why don't we make water consumption an August challenge? Everyone who wants to participate can choose a water goal in ounces or cups per day, and we can track our progress here in the thread.

AFM-- Ugh, so as I mentioned to cyndy, I didn't have a great day. Tomorrow will be better. On the plus side the scale was only up a few pounds after my high sodium, alcohol laden weekend, so I'm hopeful that will be gone by the time I weigh in on Saturday.

****CHALLENGE ALERT!!****
    We used to do challenges each month within the thread to help keep us motivated and accountable. For August, we will do a water challenge, so start thinking about what you want as your daily goal.

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19=
    8/10/19=

Protein at 100+ grams:
    Mon 7/29 = 75
    Tues 7/30 =
    Wed 7/31 =
    Thurs 8/1 =
    Fri 8/2 =
    Sat 8/3 =
    Sun 8/4 =
  • amandajoyb
    Thank you @skinnyjeanzbound. I met my goal of cutting my coffee intake in half and no diet coke today! Baby steps are the way to go for me...

Quick question for you, do you have your stats saved as an automatic signature? I'd love to know how, I'm still a bit of a newbie here on the discussion boards.

Name: Amanda
    Height: 5’9"
    Highest Weight: 311
    Current Weight: 281

7/27/19 = 281
    8/3/19=
    8/10/19=
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    amandajoyb wrote: »
    Thank you @skinnyjeanzbound. I met my goal of cutting my coffee intake in half and no diet coke today! Baby steps are the way to go for me...

Quick question for you, do you have your stats saved as an automatic signature? I'd love to know how, I'm still a bit of a newbie here on the discussion boards.

Name: Amanda
    Height: 5’9"
    Highest Weight: 311
    Current Weight: 281

7/27/19 = 281
    8/3/19=
    8/10/19=

No, I just copy and paste it every time I post. If there's a way to save a signature, I haven't found it, and I've been on MFP for 8 years. LOL!
  • jeannalyn1227
    @skinnyjeanzbound

****CHALLENGE ALERT!!****
    We used to do challenges each month within the thread to help keep us motivated and accountable. For August, we will do a water challenge, so start thinking about what you want as your daily

I am soooo In for the water challenge. I posted in struggles the other day about intake.
    I was looking at the Cirkul water bottle that allows you to add flavors. I’d use the essence of fruits flavors to avoid add artificial sweeteners. Just not sure if it’s worth the $$. I used to be a HUGE soda drinker, like 8+ a day. Now I am down to Maybe 4 a week.. I do love sparkling waters with no sweetners. So I have replaced with those.

What counts as water? Just water?

Also does anyone know the calculations to see how much we should be drinking a day per our weight?

Thanks!

Name: Jeanna
    Height: 5’5
    Highest Weight: 389
    Current Weight: 312
  • HazelMayes
    For water, my goal is to hit a minimum of 50 ounces because that’s the point where I typically have very pale pee and that’s what the doc said to aim for :p And I have been diagnosed with water intoxication more than once in the past because I like water and tend to overdo it 🤦‍♀️. So I tend to make myself be more cautious with water and not drink to my heart’s content because I can happily down a gallon at a meal 🤷‍♀️

I like lemon or lime in my water and ice. I also have some powdered packets I add when I am low on potassium—they are marketed as an energy boost supplement because of some vitamins and caffeine from green tea but I have them because of the electrolytes and because they are low carb. I count the water I add the packet to in my water count but the packet itself in a meal/snack category.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Name: Tom
    Height: 5’10"
    Highest Weight: 435 lbs.
    Current Weight: 279.7 lbs (8/1/19)

Living in the dessert makes it easy for me to drink a lot of water. I get between 16 -20 cups a day.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @jeanna--As general rule, drinks with caffeine or alcohol cancel out the hydrating effects of the water in them, so they shouldn't count as water. However, I would think you can count the flavored sparkling water.

As far as how much you should drink, I've seen all kinds of formulas, but as @HazelMayes pointed out, optimal intake varies from person to person. I am fortunate to live in an area with really good tap water (Chicago water is the BEST!), so I grew up drinking a lot of water and still do. I easily drink the generic recommendation of 64 oz., but I've noticed that if I can increase that to 80-100 oz., it really helps me drop weight. It's just difficult to keep that level of intake consistent if I'm not paying attention and actively trying to drink that amount, so that will be my goal for August.

AFM-- I've done pretty good with nutrition the past few days. Tuesday and today I was very close to my protein goal. Yesterday was very low, but I was also low on my overall calorie intake. My sister and I went to see Beck, Cage the Elephant, and Spoon (which was an incredible concert!!) so I didn't really have a proper dinner.

I managed to get in 10 glasses of water yesterday and today. :)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19=
    8/10/19=

Water Challenge Goal:
    80+ oz. each day
    1/31 days

Protein at 100+ grams:
    Mon 7/29 = 75
    Tues 7/30 = 99
    Wed 7/31 = 65
    Thurs 8/1 = 96
    Fri 8/2 =
    Sat 8/3 =
    Sun 8/4 =
  • jeannalyn1227
    Ok my August goal is also 80. I also think the sparkling water counts. They are unsweetened. I had no idea abou the caffeine canceling out. I’ve been counting tea. Oops!! Best make that change quick lol.

Thank you for all the info!

Name: Jeanna
    Height: 5’5”
    Highest weight: 389
    Current weight: 312

Only 50oz yesterday
    Water Challenge 80+ a day
    0/31