Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

2456715

Replies

  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    SW: 285
    CW: 262.7
    GW: 185

    Goals for the month of August, same as July's:
    Log every day - including water!
    Get minimum 10,000 steps a day
    Lose 10 lbs

    Last month I was perfect with logging food. Not 100% in everything else. This month, I'd like to achieve at least 90% of my goals
  • lsg15
    lsg15 Posts: 14 Member
    Ready to be a part of this group for accountability. Thank you!!

    SW:208
    CW:208
    First mini goal: Under 200
    GW:165

    Daily goals for August:
    Water (64oz/day)
    30-60 minutes of planned activity/day
    Stay within calorie range
    Log Daily

    Let's do this!!
  • SW - 212.6
    CW - Will post this August 1st
    GW - 150

    Goals for August:

    •Get to 199. Cant wait to be back under 200.
    •Cut down on snacking, still having a hard time with this.
    • Exercise for 30 min 5 days a week.

    Feel free to add me! Here's to August!
  • inky92
    inky92 Posts: 18 Member
    SW 234 (April 2019)
    CW 213
    GW (mini goal) 199
    GW (eventual) 175

    Joining for a bit of accountability so my birthday doesn't turn into a month of unhealthy food and drink like it usually does. I feel I've had a good few months and really don't want to mess it up.

    Couple of goals for August:
    * continue to log every day
    * 3/4 workouts per week
    * take the stairs at least once every day at work
    * don't go overboard on the prosecco!
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    aragalen wrote: »
    Hello! I'd like to join if I may :)
    I was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and put on a low sodium diet along with several medications and restricted fluids. Interestingly none of the doctors mentioned my weight or recommended I lose any. Of course low sodium translated into fewer calories and now I am seeing some weight loss, and am planning on continuing slowly but steadily (I'm sure it is good for my heart as well!).

    SW: 220 (May 2019)
    CW: 208
    GW: 145

    My daughter was in congestive heart failure as an infant (caused by heart defects—she had open heart surgery to correct them and came out of CHF in the months following). She was on lasix which can drop your potassium levels too low and aldactone which can raise your potassium level too high. Together, they kept her potassium fairly stable :). After keeping it stable for seven months, during recovery from her surgery they took her off aldactone but kept her on lasix and her potassium bottomed out within hours 😱. Hopefully you find the right mix of meds and diet to feel better and stay stable a nice long time 🙂
  • aragalen
    aragalen Posts: 18 Member

    HazelMayes wrote: »
    aragalen wrote: »
    Hello! I'd like to join if I may :)
    I was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and put on a low sodium diet along with several medications and restricted fluids. Interestingly none of the doctors mentioned my weight or recommended I lose any. Of course low sodium translated into fewer calories and now I am seeing some weight loss, and am planning on continuing slowly but steadily (I'm sure it is good for my heart as well!).

    SW: 220 (May 2019)
    CW: 208
    GW: 145

    My daughter was in congestive heart failure as an infant (caused by heart defects—she had open heart surgery to correct them and came out of CHF in the months following). She was on lasix which can drop your potassium levels too low and aldactone which can raise your potassium level too high. Together, they kept her potassium fairly stable :). After keeping it stable for seven months, during recovery from her surgery they took her off aldactone but kept her on lasix and her potassium bottomed out within hours 😱. Hopefully you find the right mix of meds and diet to feel better and stay stable a nice long time 🙂

    Thank you for your kind words, so far I seem to be pretty stable. I will be seeing a cardiologist on August 16th for another check on my progress. My very best wishes for your daughter, I very much hope that everything will go well for her!! <3
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    aragalen wrote: »

    Thank you for your kind words, so far I seem to be pretty stable. I will be seeing a cardiologist on August 16th for another check on my progress. My very best wishes for your daughter, I very much hope that everything will go well for her!! <3

    I am very glad to hear things are stable for you! In our world, stable is the very best of news! My daughter is turning 8 in September and while she will always have heart issues, she is currently stable :). In the 7 and a half years since her surgery she’s had some setbacks and there’s a few more things to keep an eye on heartwise but for the moment we have that stable label so we have a reason to celebrate 🎉
  • ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 43 Member
    Hey everyone!!! I’ve had a slow July too. I didn’t work out as consistently and my weight was up and down so I’m happy to have some motivation and company for August.

    SW: 294
    CW: 246
    GW: 130
  • beccaxsos
    beccaxsos Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Guys! I'm coming over from July :) I'm feeling pretty stuck at 221.6. The scale is mocking me.

    SW: 254
    CW: 221.6
    CGW: 214.8 by end of august
    GW: 145

    Goals for the month:
    Stop weighing in every day and go down to just one day a week. Monday, I guess.
    Continue hitting calorie goals every day.
    Focus more on hitting macros.

    Feel free to send me a friend request if you're looking for more friends for motivation!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Original starting weight 228
    This round (February) SW 223
    CW 199
    GW 160
    August GW 194
    Try to keep my cheat days down to one a week (they’ve been averaging two and I’ve gained 2 1/2 pounds back because of it).
    Make my cheat days reasonable calorie wise.
    Stay away from food tables at parties and the kitchen at night.
    Remember that it’s not my will power I have to be ashamed of (I need to adjust my environment to support my goals - not be “stronger”) and negative thoughts breed negative behavior so I have to:
    Appreciate the gains I’ve already made and their results when I’m having a bad day:
    Less headaches
    A lot less back and neck aches
    More energy and stamina
    More strength and more ability to do the active things I love - lift heavier, do more like kayaking (bought myself one online last night!) and biking and hiking and paddle boarding and try different fitness classes.
    Cute clothes that fit well
    Some good pictures I’ve taken this summer that show my progress.

  • Catncatz
    Catncatz Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am new and I could really use some accountability.

    SW: 228
    CW: 228
    GW: 180

    My August goal is 8 lbs and I want to do my tracking so I stay on target.
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 111 Member
    shorewifey wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I don’t know where to start. Was recently told I have diabetes- it’s early enough to where I take oral medication; so I can change it now or inject insulin later on. I am lost and lacking my spunk. But I have no choice now. So I’m hoping to meet a friend or two or more who maybe can understand depression and attempting weight loss and the fight between them. :) here I am- putting my best foot in front of the other.

    SW: 281.2
    GW: 250 - (1st gw )

    Good for you and it's a start. Don't lose hope!!❤
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 111 Member
    bronmanuel wrote: »
    Hey all.

    Just starting out again.

    SW: 387.1
    CW: 387.1
    GW for August: 375

    Another goal for August is to start going to the gym once a week.

    Even taking a walk once a week is good. Or go to the gym and gave a cup of your favorite tea afterwards!!! ❤
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,071 Member
    shorewifey wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I don’t know where to start. Was recently told I have diabetes- it’s early enough to where I take oral medication; so I can change it now or inject insulin later on. I am lost and lacking my spunk. But I have no choice now. So I’m hoping to meet a friend or two or more who maybe can understand depression and attempting weight loss and the fight between them. :) here I am- putting my best foot in front of the other.

    SW: 281.2
    GW: 250 - (1st gw )

    Depression and weight loss are two flaming swords to juggle. But you can do it. One step at a time, one day at a time.