Options

Replies

• futurekilousky
    Options
    Bump
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    i don't plan to start doing a juice fast, but i want to bump this thread, and I think it sounds like a neat idea.

I just made myself a veggie juice for lunch in my blender. 2oz kale, 2oz asparagus, 4.5oz zucchini, 3.5oz bell peppers, 1 medium banana and half a scoop of vanilla protein powder. I tried it without the protein powder and it was edible, but kinda bad. With the powder it was really quite good. I recommend it over ice. The shake was 260 calories and got me all the veggies i need for a full day.

Best of luck to you who are doing the real thing. look forward to more updates.
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Started a few days ago and failed on day two. Back on Day 1 today. We'll see how it goes.
  • JulieTX86
    JulieTX86 Posts: 303
    Options
    Started a few days ago and failed on day two. Back on Day 1 today. We'll see how it goes.

Day 2 was my hardest, once I got over that it was much easier. I was so hungry on Day 2. I felt so tired, and my brain felt fogged over. Yuck!
  • fitfunk
    fitfunk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I finally made something without kale...carrots, celery, pears & 1 apple. And ginger of course.

Actually got invited to an event w/Joe Cross this week. I saw the doc 2x so am excited to meet him in person.
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Why was the other post locked? weird... anywho I am glad everyone is doing so well. Keep at it. I am going on Vacay this Friday won't be back for a week, so I won't be on here during that time. When I get back I plan on Juicing again and can't wait. I'll be juicing twice a day with one small healthy meal. I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck to everyone.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Have fun ddakota1997!!! I miss you by the way--where have you been?

So I've been watching and waiting--devising my plan of attack--and next weekend is the start of it all. I'm actually going to still eat during dinner (veggies) but then again the plan may change. I slowly have been adding a juice to my daily good eats and so far I'm realizing that I don't like juiced cucumbers or any type of grass. Hopefully I can find a good vegg fruit combo that I like. Good luck to everyone. I can't wait.
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Day 34.
  • cbpbro
    cbpbro Posts: 49
    Options
    Day 38, the weight just keeps falling off as i lost 7 pounds this week for a total of 44. I felt a couple sketchy a few days this week , kinda like i was detoxing again but i read that its expected for a fast over 30 days. Hope everyone else juicing is going well.
  • hawaiiprinzezz
    hawaiiprinzezz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • h3h8m3
    Options
    Day 38, the weight just keeps falling off as i lost 7 pounds this week for a total of 44. I felt a couple sketchy a few days this week , kinda like i was detoxing again but i read that its expected for a fast over 30 days. Hope everyone else juicing is going well.

Would you be willing to explain what you mean? What was it like those days? You still just juicing?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
  • cbpbro
    cbpbro Posts: 49
    Options
    Yes still jucing, you're going to have to read the rest of the last topic this was continued from though if you want more info. I have a bunch of posts over there explaining what i went through.
  • h3h8m3
    Options
    Yes still jucing, you're going to have to read the rest of the last topic this was continued from though if you want more info. I have a bunch of posts over there explaining what i went through.

I did read the whole thing. No worries if you don't want to explain further.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    We are officially over but I probably only stuck to a true fast for 20 days instead of 40. I have been eating well, still doing juice once or twice a day. We are leaving for Florida on Sunday so no fresh juices for awhile. I just reconciled my August bank statements and we definitely spent more than 20% higher than usual. We were still getting meat from the local CSA though...freezer is stocked. It probably would have been about the same if I hadn't been buying that. My husband mixed most of his with bottled juices so it would have definitely been higher if he hadn't done that. Anyway, you're all doing so well. I just wanted to pop in on the new thread!!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    mmmnokay. Officially got my juicer yesterday and tried juicing something this morning and it was gross. Apples, Carrots, Celery. Yuck. I may have used the wrong apples though (red delicious). This is going to be hard, I can tell. Not because I miss food but because nothing tastes right :sick: Fruit and veggies cost too much to be experimenting. :sad:
  • FatSyrup
    FatSyrup Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all:

I hope everyone is doing great. To those who do Juice Detox over 10 days, I wonder if you can tell me how your skin feel? I have done that for 15 days and my body skin seems okay but my face skin is extremely dry every morning when I wake up. I did put on lotion and cream ect but doesn't seem help. During those 15 days, I only drink fresh juice and maybe eat 1 banana or a pear. So.. maybe I was lack of oil/fat? How do you think if I drink 1 spoon of olive oil or coconut oil everyday? Does sound crazy?
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me and DF are making the transition to our juice fast. I'm actually thinking of just diving right in tomorrow but he'll need a few more days to come off of the meat and all the other crap he used to eat and eating less. Trying to go for 15 days at least, I'd be happy if he made it to 3 days. We'll see. :)
  • brianahernandez
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am on day 3 of juice fasting (not fresh either, all I had on hand was R.W. Knudsen, so I know results will be different once I go fresh), and 6 pounds down! I've done raw before and lost 25 pounds in 13 days...so this time I'm hoping I will just last for 14-21 days so I can say I did it. Although, it started as a 3 day, then 5, up to 8, now 14, and I'm starting to think 30 days would be an absolutely amazing feat for me! Day 2 was the worst for me, absolutely, but I'm also quitting smoking and heavy drinking....that is a lot of toxins coming out of my poor, abused body. I can't wait to see my results in a month. I will stick to this and be proud of myself, and that is something I haven't been too much of lately! Good luck to all of you! It's such a great feeling to cleanse!