Do you accept that you'll have to log for the rest of your life(or atleast the foreseeable future)?

Replies

• wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    It honestly doesn't bother me. Helps me eat soundly and also helps me plan my meals so I feel more in control of what I'm doing. I do log everything as it's a habit now
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    I'm not to maintenance yet, but history over the past 5-8 years has shown me that I cannot give up my weigh-ins, and logging when I will need to nip things in the bud (which I know is going to happen) is probably going to be a requirement the rest of my life.

Maybe this would change if I got a super active job and was on my feet doing physical labor all day again, but I don't see that very likely to happen, and even then I'll need to keep an eye out for scale creep. As long as I have a desk job, regular logging and tracking will be a requirement. Every time I quite, the numbers start to creep up again (I just like to eat far more than I use sitting on my butt all day).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Nope. I don't, generally, and don't plan to.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I don't log that often now -- off and on at Cron to see my nutrients, especially if I'm experimenting with something like 100% plant based or lower carb or what not. So no, I don't think I need to log, although I still weigh many foods as a spot check or just for fun. I also find logging for a while can help me if I feel in a rut.

That said, if I decided I did better logging I wouldn't consider that something I had to accept, as in a bad thing.

For example, I am much more consistent with exercise if I am training for something, have a formal (self-created) plan, and keep track of what I actually did each day. I find it helpful. For me that's fun, not a bad thing. Same with logging during the times I am doing it.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I haven't posted for a while, but this is something I am interested in. I think tracking for me, is a great cognitive tool. When you have a WOE that is far outside the American norm, it might not be necessary to weigh everything, but humans are horrid at remembering what they put in their mouths. I am NOW a true believer in a lower reward, lower energy density diet is effective. Its actually too effective for me. I am trying to push to a happier weight/bf right now. I can't eat! My stomach is telling me to, but belly won't let me! Lol...I'm reloading this week, so no "extra" for me, but to increase weight, I have to. Nuts i tell ya! Carry on...

@psychod787

Can you tell me more about this, please:
    “Lower reward, lower energy density diet”
  • ResolutionMan2016
    ResolutionMan2016 Posts: 7 Member
    When I reach my goal weight, I’m thinking of not logging for two weeks and then weighing. Then I’ll log until I get back to my goal weight.

I’m certain I won’t eat any obvious bad foods, but I may start “lazy” eating, where I snack on things out of boredom. That’s where logging helps me.

If I were to gain say 5lbs per month whilst not logging, that would be nice. Maybe then I’d do two months off, one month on.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    When I reach my goal weight, I’m thinking of not logging for two weeks and then weighing. Then I’ll log until I get back to my goal weight.

I’m certain I won’t eat any obvious bad foods, but I may start “lazy” eating, where I snack on things out of boredom. That’s where logging helps me.

If I were to gain say 5lbs per month whilst not logging, that would be nice. Maybe then I’d do two months off, one month on.

Dont understand? Weight cycling?
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    i'll probably always log, but i won't weigh everything forever.