The Highly Specific Good Little Things

Replies

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Moon shine reflecting on a calm lake
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    When you eavesdrop on your lazy coworker getting reprimanded for being lazy.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    When your kids clean up a mess they made... WITHOUT being told to do so!
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Dakase83 wrote: »

GTFO

Oh wait, I know this trick. There's more, and they've distracted you with this. Something somewhere is broken or missing. TRUST
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member

GTFO

Oh wait, I know this trick. There's more, and they've distracted you with this. Something somewhere is broken or missing. TRUST

giphy.gif
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited August 2019
    Walking on the correct side of the hallway/sidewalk, not jumping into the elevator until everyone on has exited, not staring at your phone while you walk, using a blinker, not blocking the aisle with your grocery cart, reracking weights, having your garage ticket and credit card ready to go when you pull up to the pay machine instead of fumbling around for several minutes, etc. Courtesy and efficiency are the enemies of frustration and awkwardness.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I had a conversation with a coworker today. That doesn't seem like a good thing, but this is a massive leap for me. Is that specific enough?

Did it make you happy?
  • George_of_the_Jungle

GTFO

giphy.gif

Sad yes, but also true
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Whenever you go somewhere with their own lingo but you dont use it. So satisfying.
    "Would you like the Mcdouble sir?"
    Yes, I'll have a double.
    "So that's one Mcdouble, anything else today?"
    Nope, just that double.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I had a conversation with a coworker today. That doesn't seem like a good thing, but this is a massive leap for me. Is that specific enough?

Did it make you happy?

It did. Here's hoping I can have another conversation with her next week.
  • George_of_the_Jungle

Did it make you happy?

It did. Here's hoping I can have another conversation with her next week.

1) it counts
    2) GO FOR IT!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    When I find the song I I was looking for when I had no idea who it was by.

This is the best!
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    When I find the song I I was looking for when I had no idea who it was by.

And didn’t even know I wanted to hear it
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Checking the dates on bread and finding one that's like 17 days away. (Aha! Thought I wouldn't rummage through the back of the shelf huh sucka 😏 now watch me vogue out this bakery👆👉👇)

Or finding outdated (or better yet mold infested!) bread or English muffins on the shelf in my quest for the best dating, and discretely handing it to the cashier in a helpful, friendly, non judgemental way, knowing that I helped maintain the store's product freshness dignity, while simultaneously heroically saving another person the horror of potentially purchasing the non pristine product unnoticed. Note: Not exclusive to bread/baked products. Ridding the shelves of moldy dairy and/or produce can be equally rewarding.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    When the cat chooses you over your partner and you just get to sit there all smug whilst they are inwardly seething from jealousy and rejection.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    When the cat chooses you over your partner and you just get to sit there all smug whilst they are inwardly seething from jealousy and rejection.

The best feeling in life for sure.